Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lars' unban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cubey

the link by unknown stranger was not requested by Lars, its NOT him. I have no idea who did.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Why hide this thread, just because we're not admins we still have the right to know why our best admin is banned?

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Cubey, don't be afraid. I don't think anyone would harm you just because you spoke to the community.
It's really sad to think anyone in these forums would be afraid to speak out of fear.
I'm quite sure Cherbert knows that banning Lars from the forums or the server would raise a lot of questions seeing that he was the person everyone turned to when something when wrong or when they needed something.
As a leader he is surely working on a announcement to put minds at ease and stop rumors, keeping the player base from concocting tales and showing them that the administration of this server is done in a transparent way.
Who would want to hold a community together based on fear and whispers? And who would want to be part of such community?
So, people, hold your horses and lets wait for the explanation that I trust will come.
As for your messages to Lars in this thread, I'll do my best to get them to him so you guys don't have to feel like you are talking to a wall.

P.S. - Will the "unkown stranger that edited my message be so kind as to send me an e-mail at alailanible@gmail if he/she doesn't want to show their identity on the forum?

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I was IP banned too but after e-mail Chris directly it was removed, I suspect it's just a mis-understanding and partly my fault as I was ignorant to the recent events on the server after being away for so long. I only found out Lars was leaving yesterday and didn't know that other members of the admin team in the past had caused problems.

Hopefully this will all get sorted out, again I'm sorry if my words on Lar's farewell thread cause his IP ban. Chris is a busy guy so he's probably simply not had a chance to sort this out since I cleared it up with him late last night.

C

Cubey

I am not afraid and I am only say I don't want the stranger to add for "more trouble" because sherbz were mad at this which it may too harsh for them

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Seeing that Lars was banned I offered to post his ban appeal for him:
"I was not going to join up with Aug's server after all the things he said to people on the team. Kruziik said to poke aug to get in contact with him, and I said okay I will. Kruziik is a well respected friend of mine, so I said ok we will talk. I also couldn't just join up with another server when everything here in HW is the way it is. It's been my home. Yes I helped aug with a few questions, hes a friend of mine. I offered to help with everything to transition to a new admin team on HW. Now I am IP banned. Maybe Cherbert got paranoid because I didnt respond to him on Steam or that I left teamspeak when I saw he was there, well I'm sorry. I was not exactly in the mood for chats.
Thanks for everything I have learned on Hollowworld, it has made me a better person. I also learned how people work and that is a valuable experience. I have emails of all my friends so we will be in touch.
Since I am now banned and have been given my closure, I shall now take Bellon up on his offer of starting a server together.
A now banned user once said to me 'be courteous in all that you do, and leave behind good things' and I took it to heart. He left me a chest with diamonds. So here it is:
Steel, there is a glitch in HollowNobility that sometimes the house owner is kicked out. All you need to do is go into the the Houses config, remove their name from the list and put it back on the top. Go into console and type /noble reload and it is fixed. There is another glitch where newly created regions sometimes kick their owner after 10 min or so and we havent been able to find the cause - just delete the region and let the player recreate. HollowNobility works off of WorldGuard.. its just grids like Towny. Barry has some documentation for commands so hit him up. The rest of the plugins you already know, or speak for them themselves. If there are any other questions, im on Skype.
Additionally I need to nip a yet to be created rumor in the bud. I'm not stupid, I knew it was possible this would happen so I backed up all my friend's builds in schematic. Now I WILL NOT give it out as long as Hollowworld is up, I'm not going to be that guy. But it is there, safe and sound because I am not about to let my friend's work go to waste.
Sincerely,
Lars
P.S. If you could unban I would appreciate it I still had some stuff in my inbox I wanted to use.. :/"

EDIT BY AN UNKNOWN STRANGER: -removed-
Quite frankly this whole situation has gotten blown WAAAYY out of proportion. It really did not need to come to this - and I am going to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I apologised to you multiple times and virtually pleaded for you to stick around and that you would have no further interference from 'my opinions'. Yet you still refused. Is it no wonder that one must come to wrong conclusions and think maybe there was a reason you were so adamant to turn your back on everyone? You must have known that stepping down would be extremely disruptive, cause bad feeling among the admin team and cause people to start leaving.

I am annoyed, yes. You persistently ignored me on Steam. Persistently ignored my PM's on the forum - to the point of replying to them publicly!!!! and vanished whenever you saw my name on TS. Even this ban appeal is just digging the knife in further - you have my email address - you have me on Steam yet you once again chose to communicate in public. Thank you for letting the world know that you and Bellon are starting a server. Nobody knew this until you just advertised it. Thanks for that!! But I guess that was your plan to throw a quick shout out to everyone and let them know where they can find you.

I'm tired of taking the blame for all this and for you to use public posts to try and get respect from your mountain of followers. If you were the good man you claim to be you would not have ignored me and you wouldn't be advertising the fact you and Bellon are starting a server together. What is it that is so bad that I did? My opinions annoyed you? My bad judgement over comments made during the Tekkit fiasco? What is it that was so bad that you felt you needed to shit on all the people who play here by undoing all the hard work you have laid down over the last 12-18 months? I didn't ask you leave - I didn't criticise anything you had done and between us we came up with some great ideas.

Bellon was banned because he was asking people to email him via PM's (clearly to invite them to his new server). Is there any wonder that I grew paranoid about you, Tantara and Halfmad? Would anybody else in my situation have done anything different? Yes, the timing of Halfmad's comment about Aug couldn't have come at a worst time. All this adds to the paranoia and frustration over this entire situation.

You are unbanned from the forums. Do whatever you need to do. But I'm sick of being seen as the bad guy here. What I did wrong wasn't exactly crime of the century - and overall over the entire time you have been in charge I have NEVER interfered in anything and have left you to run the server as if it were your own and this is the most hurtful to me because how many people in the Minecraft community have been given so much respect and responsibility? I gave you the ultimate power. Of course I am going to be frustrated from time to time and want to share opinions - am I not entitled to do that? Am I not allowed to make mistakes sometimes? You seem to have formed a judgement on me based on a relationship separated by thousands of miles - a judgement and respect that seemed to dismiss the fact that I own this server!

I want to draw a line under this now (which is partly why I banned a lot of admins yesterday). Stay or not stay. I don't care. It was your decision - and you are hurting everyone else you leave behind more than me. I just want those remaining who stand loyal to the server to help me through the coming months and keep this server alive.

Of course it would be better if you stayed - a lot of people have made that clear but you decided to ignore them and go start a new server with Bellon instead.

Maybe one day you will see how stupid this all was. How pathetic your reasonings were to dump all the investment you put in - all the sleepless nights - all the planning - all the grind and most important of all - all the good times. All dismissed because for what? Nothing.

Architect360

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well done Cherbert. You have cleared a lot up, while also gaining back the respect you earned from your hard work on the server. I salute you, having finally understood the reasons behind your actions.

Well done Cherbert. You have cleared a lot up, while also gaining back the respect you earned from your hard work on the server. I salute you, having finally understood the reasons behind your actions.
I think he never lost respect. Without Cherbert, there would be no HollowWorld. People were just following others to get Lars back, they didn't know the full story, until Cherbert posted.

EDIT 1: Before people reply, I didnt say Lars was a bad person nor was Cherbert, but we all shouldve waited for the whole story before commenting and such.

EDIT 2: Cherbert, maybe its best if you lock this thread so that only admins/mods can reply. Its getting a bit out of hand xd

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Why hide this thread, just because we're not admins we still have the right to know why our best admin is banned?
The word was bad enough but to bold it and underline it is a bit disrespectful to all the other many hard working admins on this server the majority of which haven't abandoned it for their own selfish reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.