Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lightbane's Journal

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
LOG OF PEOPLE

The Doctor - 01/29/23
I first met this one at the Landing when a group of bandits--no, soldiers, rode into the city to conduct an attack at the tavern. I was inspecting their cart at the time of the attack. Two of their members were hiding out in the cart, and after enough provocation they jumped out to fight me. I had those silly bastards handled until this one, 'Sydri,' and Skala came from either side and killed them both. It didn't feel necessary... but I didn't dwell on it long. I hadn't seen her since then, only to find her coming up to me in the tavern at Frost's village. I hardly recognized her at first, I'm not sure what happened, but it's as if she's a different person now. I can't decide if I should even help her at this point. It doesn't sound like she wants it anyhow.

Last edited:

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
LOG OF ACTS

Of Silver Elves and Steel Blades 02/02/23
Eirlys is a fine test of battle prowess. She left a nasty slash across my back--one that's almost certainly going to scar over after a while when it is healed.--To note, this wound is particularly annoying because no matter what way I turn, it always seems to re-open due to how it spans diagonally across me.--Alas, I believe I fractured a bone in her cheek toward the end. Both shoulders were struck by throwing knives, and she did get a decent cut on my right flank. I won, but not by much. Still, I think I want to try this again sometime when we're both in better shape.

Deception 02/04/34
We were lucky that Ayda and I went up to the gate rather than down through the entry with the others. The damned noble misled us into nearly slaughtering an entire clan of innocents. Whatever happens to that wretched human is in the hands of those who were enslaved now, not my own.

Last edited:

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
LOG OF PLANS

The Lady 02/01/23
I'm going to set up a shrine for my patron, The Warden. As the High Priestess suggested, I'll try to offer the ashes of Scorch there to see if She appreciates it. I believe they are a symbol of my desire to be Her knight, given that they are from a powerful entity that I helped to destroy. But how She interprets them will stay a mystery until I finally get around to offering them. I'm not sure if my acts have met her standards are not. I suppose I will ask about it in prayer.

The Wight 02/05/23
Something happened with the journal we found, moreso with the necklace that came with it--the moth one. I have an idea. It's a daring one, but it may prove useful. There's only a handful of Skraagites I believe would know something, or rather how to discover something, about a piece so obscure.

Last edited:

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
LOG OF THOUGHTS

What is My Path? 02/01/23
A splotch of tea stains this page.
I'm finding myself wondering more and more often what my greater purpose is. Killing monsters, protecting the realm, and keeping my friends alive & well are what I've been doing for the longest time. It's not something I want to, or plan to stop doing. But is there something... more to be done? What legacy would I leave behind if I were to die tomorrow? Do I have a legacy? Better yet, do I want a legacy? The writing stops here, continuing a short distance lower on the page.

Yes, I want to have a legacy. What point do my actions have if I am not remembered for anything? Is that selfish? Does it matter? I believe everyone is a little selfish somewhere in their life.

Does that justify it? I'm not sure yet.

What will I be doing in 10 years? 20 years? How many of my friends will be alive then? How many of them will be young enough to keep up with me? That isn't fair.

Is it unfair to them, or to me?

What if I have a child? The Landing is far too dangerous a place to raise one. No. Nowhere near there. Somewhere safe. Somewhere where I could show them the culture I grew up with, the one that's being lost in this world.

Answers will only come with time, I fear.

Last edited:

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
I ask that we please keep this thread clear of commenting :)