Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Maestroart's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Maestroart

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Maestroart

2. How old are you?
14 (luckily)

3. What country are you from?
From Armenia but I speak very good English

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is like the act of using outside or previously gained knowledge within a gaming universe for personal gain or advantage. Powergaming is basically you trying to be all powerful, and not let the other player react, like for example "Timmy stabs Bob killing him in a second." That's powergaming.. i think.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Of course not!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
The Living Ghost
Elz
K9
(I think)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well, usually I like to draw and play on my computer. I usually play minecraft but I also play World of Warcraft. I have a small kitten who I really love. I also have a brother who I also love. Not much interesting about me to talk about honestly. I also like to design things and build structures in 3D modeling.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Honestly, I'm kind of embarrassed about my art and I, myself, don't like it that much. I'll probably post it in the forms one day but for now they are a mystery :p

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found the server when I was searching for some medieval roleplaying servers.

Character Name:
Elion

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Tall. Dark, brown hair. Soft, light green eyes. Pale. Wears a tattered leaf top, skirt, and a flower crown.

Written Test!
Elion was born a very stubborn and carefree child, contrary to her sister. Her sisters name was Colean. Colean was always stronger, more agile, and smarter than her other half (They were twins). The two lived together with their mother and father. When their father passed away, it truely was a sad time for the entire family. The mother had to work twice as hard to support the family. One day, something quiet peculiar occured. The motger had fallen very ill and could not take care of even herself! This is the story: "I'm home from the forest," said a gentle voice in the hallway, Colean, "I was really lucky, I got..." Her face went pale and her mouth shut close. The mother layed in the bed, looking dead. Next to her was Elion, wheeping, "Mother is ill. I don't think I know what to do." Both of them were crying lightly. "Mom?" Said Colean trying to see if she would wake up. The mother opened her dryed eyes, watery inside. "Colean, is that you?" Colean tried to give a happy look but didn't know if she could. "Mom, please, tell us what to do, we don't know.." The mother fell asleep once again, leaving the sad daughters without answers. Suddenly, it clicks into Elion's head. "I think... I think i might know what to do. There's a rumor of a flower. I forgot it's name but it like currs any illness." Colean gives her an unbelieving look, "Were you reading in my library?" "Well, you're not the only smart peraon here," she said with her red face. "Either way, that flower is a rumor and even if it wasn't it's basically on the other side of the Earth!" Colean said, still tears pouring down her face. "Well, what am I going to do?! Sit here and watch my mother slowly die and break apart? I'm going to get that flower no matter you like it or not! I have to try something, anything." Like previously mentioned, Elion was very careless. Colean was hurt but she knew that it was their only option. "Wait. You're not going out out there without anything. Here, take a few things," she aaid as she gave her a flimsy dagger and a bow with some arrows. "But I don't know how to use these.. You do!" "Well, you'll learn along the way," Colean said with a grin, "I'll watch ocer mother. Go fast, we don't know how much time we have." Soon, Elion found herself in the woods, struggling to pass bushes and trees, trying to get a flower that probably doesn't even exist.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and welcome to Hollowworld! You're off to a good start so far, but there are still a few things you need to correct:
  1. Powergaming definition is wrong, and needs revising.
  2. Written test is short, 281/400 words. Please extend to the proper length.
  3. Character must be of realistic age for what they go out and do. Your character should be older than an infant when she is out on her own.
  4. No advanced skills can be known by your character yet. No super agility or strength, and no exceptional prowess with daggers.
  5. Your character may not start with magic, in fact, there should be no mention of magic in the written test at all! Please remove all references to magic.
Please attend to those points above, and make the proper changes. I would suggest to you that you re-read the appropriate guides. Please post here when you've made the proper amendments, and I'll take a second look then. Thank you!

Maestroart

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hello and welcome to Hollowworld! You're off to a good start so far, but there are still a few things you need to correct:
  1. Powergaming definition is wrong, and needs revising.
  2. Written test is short, 281/400 words. Please extend to the proper length.
  3. Character must be of realistic age for what they go out and do. Your character should be older than an infant when she is out on her own.
  4. No advanced skills can be known by your character yet. No super agility or strength, and no exceptional prowess with daggers.
  5. Your character may not start with magic, in fact, there should be no mention of magic in the written test at all! Please remove all references to magic.
Please attend to those points above, and make the proper changes. I would suggest to you that you re-read the appropriate guides. Please post here when you've made the proper amendments, and I'll take a second look then. Thank you!
ok i changed it

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Your application is getting better, but I'd still like you to tweak your story. Currently, your story is still falling prey to common tropes, or clichés. Things like:
  1. Parents murdered by bandits
  2. Orphan assassin
  3. Town destroyed by raiders
  4. Parents abandon character
  5. Supernatural control of animals
  6. Born a prince/princess but kidnapped and grows up not knowing
  7. etc.
There are plenty of these tropes out there, the ones I listed above are very common and not considered original. I'd like for you to strive to be more creative and original with your character creation; go a little out side the box. Your current story has numbers 4 & 5 present, so I'd like you to again modify your story to be more original. I know this is a lot of work, but I hope you will push through it. Thank you for your continued effort, and same as last time, post here when you've made the proper amendments.

Maestroart

Loyal Servant of Altera
Sorry for the misunderstanding but:

I didn't mention that the parents abandon the characters. Like the old man said, the forest is basically her family since she is the daughter of the forest. Also, the old man said that "she would never feel lonely" because, like i said, the forest was her family. So, no one technically abandoned her.

Also, for 5, I didn't exactly say 'Control' over animals. It's more of like the animals knew she was the daughter of the forest and they helped her through her early life so she wasn't completely alone and so she didn't die as a child since, children can't survive alone.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I'm sorry, but "being daughter of the forest" is not lore appropriate, and neither is having your character be like Snow White with her animal charming. You gotta have parents, and you can't have the animals of the woods be your friends like that. I'm sorry.

Before I can consider the application any further you will need to make the changes I have described above. After you have done that, please take a look at your "powergaming" definition again, you're close, but it's still not quite there. Be sure to read closely. Post here when you've made the proper amendments.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
The story is great now, well done indeed! Your power gaming definition still needs work however, so I suggest you re-read the roleplay survival guide. As you should recall, that's the guide that talks about meta and powergaming. Read through those, fix your definition, and you'll be doin' just fine. Thanks again for your continual effort, keep at it!

Maestroart

Loyal Servant of Altera
ok so i think i wrote the right definition, P.S. sorry for posting this a bit late; school.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations, Maestroart!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.