Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

MissCake08's Whitelist Application [Accepted - Jase]

MissCake08

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

MissCake08

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

US

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

Yes, as much as possible

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is using knowledge you learn out-of-character to your advantage in character. Powergaming is making yourself almost unstoppable by using interactions and not giving other roleplayers a chance to interact in their own ways. An example is saying you grab someones arm and expecting them to go with it, while the proper way would be to attempt to grab their arm.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Not at all

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!

Well, my name is Lily, I'm a college freshman this year. I'm also a composer, so I make a lot of music for video games that have been worked on for the past few years. I'm also a flutist of 8 years and I play in my school's band, and I plan to continue this in college. I've been very focused on school and work for the past year, so it's nice to finally do something new. I'm a very creative person and I love doing things like this with friends I've met.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I'm the head of music for a fan game called A Zoroark Among Us, which is a pokemon game. I can't share any music from it, but I can share my YoutTube channel. I'm not super serious about it, but it's a place to dump my work. Most of the videos are privated for a bit, but I have arrangements on there. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3anuSlvA34ZPeCGfaV8F-Q

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I looked up any roleplay minecraft servers. My friend and I have always been roleplayers, and all of the older servers we were on are now dead. We're just looking for a welcoming community.

Character Name:

Riae Adelmar

Character Age:

Character Race:

Wood Elf

Appearance:

Riae has long, wavy, red/brown hair that is pulled back by a golden pin and flowers. Her eyes are a faded green that is a large contrast from her tan, sunkissed skin. She has a warm, dress-like outfit. The top is a dark kind of fur, and her long, brown skirt is a natural cloth that connects to the hide with a strange brown material almost resembling rope. Riae tends to cover her arms in vines, as she enjoys having a part of the forest on her. It’s mostly decorative.

Picture of the Skin:

Attached image

Written Test!

She was only a small child, innocent to the world she was born into only days ago. The cold breeze would drift into her bedroom window, birds chirping would always coo baby Riae to sleep. Sounds of doors opening, making her little eyes flutter open in excitement for her mother. Only to be ruined by the hate of those around her.
Riae was born into a family of three. Her father was Fayd, a strong man who made people believe he was kind and responsible man to the people in her small village. Her mother, Hakuoh, was a purely beautiful woman who was seen as compassionate and graceful to those in her village. Then there was her older brother, Daylor. Daylor was one of the only people in Riae's life who actually seemed to care. He would teach her things her parents never bothered to even talk about. They would play in the fields and by the shrines high on the mountaintops, looking down at the village. Daylor was Riae's favorite person in the world, no one could top how much she loved him. If only she could tell him what really happened during those first eight years of her life. Those were the days she truly felt pain.
You see, the Adelmars had a reputation to hold. Every action taken by them would be seen and judged by the people, although people only saw what happened outside the house. Fayd and Hakuoh cherished their son, Daylor. He was a fiery spirit, always impressing his parents and the townspeople. He was the golden child, placed on a high pedestal at birth. He was important. When Riae was conceived, everything changed. At birth her parents gave her looks, looks of disgust and anger. Riae was a weak baby girl, born early into the world but somehow still living. She was a mistake to the Adelmars. The unwanted girl was locked in her room as a baby, almost never getting attention who felt like she was helplessly stuck in a place where no one would care, no one except Daylor. He knew something was wrong, but never had the courage to approach his family. Daylor took harvest day as an opportunity to cheer his now 5 year old little sister up. They would play high up in the mountains, away from the village, where no one could see them. They picked flowers, made crowns for each other, Daylor did everything just to make Riae happy again.
As years passed Daylori was soon of age, a strong, handsome, and passionate soul, ready for the world, but something was stopping him. Over the eight years of his little sister Riae living in the world and under their roof, there was always something nagging Daylor, something in the back of his head that never seemed to go away. He was told she was a sickly child all her life, but he never believed it. Riae always seemed scared. He didn't know the truth, how his parents had such a hatred for Riae, how they mistreated her. She was abandoned for days on end, her parents telling Daylor she was sick and could not be visited. She felt alone and cold, and Daylor wanted to get to the bottom of the situation, he was determined. The night before Daylor was set to leave the town for his journey, he decided to bring Riae with him. While he didn’t plan to take Riae the whole way with him, Daylor knew a place she could go and be safer there. That night, they left and Daylor took Riae to another village. It was a place where she would flourish.

Their aunt lived in a beautiful village, populated by wood elves like themselves. Those of that village were friendly, energetic and so very welcoming to Riae. They knew her situation and accepted her as one of their own. Riae and Dayor’s aunt, Veldta, took the responsibility for raising Riae, and helped her through the next few years of her life. In this new place, Riae became she person she was supposed to be. She learned the things she always wanted to learn. Riae did what she wanted and grew to be something more than what she initially thought she would become.

Eventually, Riae grew up and decided to leave her village, just as her brother had done. Riae didn’t want to be restricted to just the village she was in like most of the wood elves she lived with. She learned to dislike restrictions put onto her by others, whether that be her biological mother, or those around her. Riae refused to let others dictate where she was allowed to go, so she left in search of something that felt more like the home she had always wanted. She was in search for her brother, the one person who was her home. Home is where your heart is, Riae’s was with her brother.

Attachments

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Ayyyy welcome!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+