Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Mountain Village]{Moderate} Vigil's Rest

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Vigil's Rest is a small, quiet mountain village, located within a crown of mountains to the south of the crossroads.

This town is politically and factionally neutral and a peaceful region - it is not desired to engage in the political system, violence of any sort, etc - within it's boundaries - we just want to keep to ourselves and have a calm, enjoyable roleplaying experience. However, the region does not qualify under the strict HW rules for peaceful region classification.

What this means is that we are establishing what I could best describe as a Switzerland-style location - peaceful neutrality backed up by overwhelming resources, force, being in the middle of the frozen mountains and, generally, not being remotely worth the problems that would be instilled by aggression.

I give you my honest word that I will happily stay completely out of things, so long as I am /left/ out of things, but if I am drawn into things I will attempt to end my involvement as expeditiously as possible.

Visitors to Vigil's Rest are asked to keep this ideology and background in mind and to keep all weapons securely stowed for the duration of their stay.

The city welcomes any and all visitors that read, accept, and follow the above.

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Obtaining Residency:

Vigil's Rest exists to be roleplayed in and not for much else.

What we do not need: Any OOC worries about gathering resources, funding, materials, power, you name it, it's not needed.

There are no taxes, there is no rent, no fees to use any of the services or amenities that are not businesses, homes are freely given, the town storage is publicly accessible and you can take anything you'd like (Obviously within reason) if it is for the purposes of your house or your work in Vigil's rest, and we have a full selection of amenities, up to and including free repair of any equipment if you leave it in the to-be-repaired chest.

What's the downside? Well, we're going to be selective in who gets to live here. If you want a home in Vigil's Rest, in keeping with our desire to not get embroiled in other people's conflicts and problems, and to help bring RP to the place, it's essentially got to be your only IC home - we don't want to give one of our (Really nice) houses to someone that just wants it as a showpiece.

There are no applications to Vigil's Rest - you've got to just ask to live here IC and OOC and if we: A) Like you, and B) Think you'll contribute well to the roleplay of the place, then bam, you're in.

Generally speaking, based on the philosophy of the town, we'd like people that'd bring an additional facet of co-operative roleplay, filling additional roles - we'd appreciate all kinds of business people and craftspeople, at least one scholar for the library, someone to run the bathhouse, a hunter to bring back game from the forest, etc - if it contributes to the community we are trying to build, wonderful. The kinds of characters we would not appreciate and not like to keep around should be fairly obvious.

If you'd like to: OOCly arrange a meeting with us, or just talk about a potential character concept that you'd like to know would qualify or not, etc - feel free to send us a forum PM (Michcat, Naelwyn) and we'll be happy to talk to you.

The following is likely to grow over time. Check back periodically. Generally speaking residents are usually going to be our friends, so there's no need to explicitly define everything, but whenever things come up, they'll be added to the below list.
Established Rules:

-No rentals, sales taxes, fees, or house costs.
-If you do not contact us in advance about it, you will lose your home and all therein after three (3) weeks without logging in. If you commit substantial offenses against Vigils Rest to the extent that you are banned from the town entirely, you will lose your permissions to the region immediately, and will only be able to retrieve your possessions via a resident's good graces. The same forfeiture rules apply if you are banned from the server.
- Don't bring trouble upon or into Vigil's Rest. If you do, things may happen entirely at our discretion.
- Do not futz with exteriors without asking permission first. Do not commence construction or modification on anything without asking about it first. No basements will be dug for houses because things are multilayered.

Last edited:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Current Residents:
Residential persons of Vigils Rest, both welcome and accepted into the town community.

-Naelwyn (Autarch, Naelwyn) @Naelwyn
-Tzemik (Local Crazy Psuedo-Autarch, Arwstuv) @Michcat
-

Archive of Residents:
Those welcome to return, yet no longer are residents proper.

-Nwalme Fuvur (Town Fool, but hes rich, BLargtheAwesome)
-Sybbyl Blackridge (Local Pirate, antigrav1117)
-Nausicaa Fuvur (Nwalme Larvae, MsDanniellie14)
-Aryus Fuvur (Older Nwalme Larvae, Dayshark)

-A very specific pirate crew (Aewin, Nylarii, Drachen, Jaxon)
-Helix Fuvur (Nwalme Larvae, Constable_Quokka)
-Verity "V9" (Heir of Kevasn, randommonkey767) @ForestRose
-Kelta Brinn (Librarian, KeltaBrinn.) @Somnastra
-Mila (Resident, raith7062) @Monster_Dan
-Jaret Ironbrow (Brewer Blacksmith Resident Dwarf, l_e_m_u_r) @Lannis
-Niah Dacar (Innkeep, Dacar_Niah) @Niah
-Alistair (Wife, The_L1v1ng_Gh0st) @The Living Ghost
-Amaryllis Quinn (Baker, Amaryllis_Quinn) @SallyPirate
-Elrohir Talreyn (Heir to Talreyn and Kevasn, Rygan_Sharkblade) @VanquishedVyre

-

Personages Unwelcome:
To be met with hostility should they dare approach. May the Gods give you mercy, for Tzemik will not.

Thannis/Ulfewen/Whateverhisnameisnow @MaelstromPuddle
"That One Caparii" Salheria, @Gaby
Scardrac @Scardrac
Idla Rosen @Sarah Lorraine
Jekodi Baetreira @Serfla707
Darko Tideborne @Darko
Lucius Artorius @Gregor
Lady Evaine Blackrose @Shibuikitsune
Sir Sigurd + Lady Allanna Rhett @The Courier @Sir_Ashington
-

Last edited:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
War was all but declared on Vigils Rest by the occupants of the Rebel Lavoyard-Forces.

The leaders of Vigils Rest, Naelwyn and Tzemik, will refuse to tolerate this threat on their loved ones, guests, and family.

This town is politically and factionally neutral and a peaceful region - it is not desired to engage in the political system, violence of any sort, etc - within it's boundaries - we just want to keep to ourselves and have a calm, enjoyable roleplaying experience. What this means is that we are establishing what I could best describe as a Switzerland-style location - peaceful neutrality backed up by overwhelming resources, force, being in the middle of the frozen mountains and, generally, not being remotely worth the problems that would be instilled by aggression.
I give you my honest word that I will happily stay completely out of things, so long as I am /left/ out of things, but if I am drawn into things I will attempt to end my involvement as expeditiously as possible.
@Chayennex @Scardrac @The Courier @Gregor