Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mr_Canuck's Ban Appeal (Resolved - Tempban)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Canuck

Lord of Altera
Username: Mr_Canuck
Date Banned: December 15, 2012
Server: Hollow World (Main server)
Reason for ban: Unconsented PvP
Person who banned: Tiberione

I am very sorry for attacking other players at spawn without their consent. I was warned multiple times but still did it. The reason why I did it? I don't know, I guess it was fun, but I was also upset over what I'd lost earlier (will be explained further). But the point is that I'm very sorry.
Hollow World is truly an amazing server with builds uncomparable to other servers. I want to be a part of a server with truly creative minds. But if I am going to be a part of it, I must stop Pvping others (unless consented, but honestly at this point I dont plan on pvping at all). I had gathered some materials, so I was off to a good start. But I decided to PvP and got banned, and I am very sorry.
Not that this makes a difference, but I did have a decent house with all my stuff, when it was mistakingly world edited away. That gave me no purpose to be on the server, which is when the PvP started. But now that I'd gathered resources, I found a purpose to play again. So I am truly sorry for my offences, and would be grateful for a second chance to play on the server.

D

Dark Auras

In all honesty, I dont know where to start.
You've not only been warned Multiple times by multiple people, but you chose to either fight back or ignore the warnings and continue on what you were doing. And im not talking one day you were told the next you did it, I'm talking you did it 5 minutes after being warned.

And you've been disrespectful when confronted about it.
And now you've changed your story to you did it for fun? Not what you told us all those times, you blamed it on losing a house. And you say you've found a purpose to play again, you could of been gathering more materials rather than killing people just for the heck of it, after being told multiple times not to do it.

Its like touching a hot stove, once you do it and you get burned, you should learn not to do it again.
Those who do it again end up losing out.

Mr_Canuck

Lord of Altera
I know and I'm really sorry, I don't want to be banned from this server! I swear I wont even pvp again!
This is complete honesty, the reason why I'm being honest is because we can deal with the issue.
I first started PvPing because I was upset about losing my house. Honest.
Then eventually I got over my house, but the PvP became a habit. But I'm willing to do anything to break the habit to be allowed back on to the server to play. You can jail me, mute me, temporarily ban me to give up my PvPing ways.
I truly am sorry!
How about a 1 week temporary ban?

Mr_Canuck

Lord of Altera
Please I'm begging for a second chance! Please I won't ever PvP again and I would really like to be involved in the server!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I was one of the people PvPed by him and witnessed some of his actions, so I think that gives me a voice here. If I'm in the wrong, please delete my post so I'm not derailing or distracting.

Personally, I think the ban should stand. After he hit me while I was wearing a Resp. 3 leather helm (low durability, expensive to repair), I informed Cubey of the attack. She enacted a punishment for the unconsented PvP by killing him. He later returned and hit other players engaged in their RPs at the Lamb, including Cubey, and also went over the counter to the employee-only area, giving the staff on duty consent to PvP him. He returned the attack, and after death returned to do it again while several people including myself informed him of his breach and pointed out the two signs informing him of the illegality of his actions.

Mr_Canuck ignored multiple warnings from written signs, players, moderators, and administrators, and still PvPed. That isn't a "habit", that's reckless disregard and disrespect for the rules and community. +1 ban stands.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
I had an issue with you the other week, with unconsented PvP. When I tried to discuss the matter, you were just outright rude to me. Evidently you haven't learnt, and this seems to be on ongoing problem. You say you know you shouldn't do it... but you still do? Why on earth would we be stupid enough to give you another chance?

+1 ban stands.

C

Cubey

you're ignorant, you didnt listen to us that we told you stop pvping everyone without notice.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
As per the proof presented here by Baron, and proof I have received from Hawkeye, I see no point in unbanning you.

+1 for ban stands.

Mr_Canuck

Lord of Altera
I'm very sorry for ignoring multiple warnings, and I understand that I won't be unbanned.
Am I still allowed to be active on the forums though? I really do like the server and the community.

Mr_Canuck

Lord of Altera
Well yes because I really do like the atmosphere. Sort of reminds me of Lord of the Rings, in a role-play sort of way. If I were active, that would at least give me some of a chance to be a part of it all.

JasonK94

Hylian Thing
He's never been a problem in the past and I think he's learned his lesson from all of this. Maybe we should give him a temp ban? I'm sure the point hit home this time.

Soccernut13

Lord of Altera
Jason, I do not agree with you. I found Mr_Canuck very obnoxious. I think he went on this server purely for the fun of annoying people, and being disruptive. When I was roleplaying with another person. He would shift, sneaking up to the person, and stare at them, and then punch and run away. Then he would come again, rinse, wash, repeat. Then one time, the guy pvped back, he had a diamond enchanted sword and killed Mr_Canuck, Mr_Canuck then screamed to the admins "Pvp Abuse!!!!" When he clearly deserved it. As well as the fact he would walk in front of me, and another person when we are having an roleplay conversation. He finally got warned about disrupting, and did stop. Though by seeing all these complaints about him, I don't think he really has cared about the warnings. I think he definitely deserves this ban, and if it is to be temporary, at least a couple months worth.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
I disagree on a short term, 1 or 2 week ban. This isn't just one instance of rule breaking - it's been persistant and sustained, despite the fact he clearly knew what he was doing was wrong and had been warned. It's only now that he's facing punishment that the apologies and promises to stop come out.

I call 4 weeks minimum, and if there are any further breaches after that, perma-ban.

Mr_Canuck

Lord of Altera
Honestly guys I would be grateful even for a one month temporary ban. It's up to you guys. I don't want to whine or anything. I've been terrible for disrupting and breaking rules multiple times, and I understand that I probably will be banned for life. But IF I am given a temporary ban, I would be forever grateful (and I earnestly mean that). I'm not lying when I type this, and despite my bad behaviour I really want you all to know that I would be unbelievably grateful for a slim second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.