Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

my unbann appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
I think i need to adress something here:
If he instead had made a cross, without a corpus, would he be banned?
If he instead had made a buddhist symbol, would he be banned?
If he instead had made any other religious symbol, would he be banned?

I sincerely doubt that this stunt was made as an act of racism, and I always wonder why so many think "Oh religious symbols are ok, but once you make a swastika, thats too far."
Im not saying i support the Nazis, (im jewish) but really, the swastika wasnt invented by nazis, nor did it embody the ideals of Naziism. It was an aryan symbol predating Naziism entirely.
Now, im not saying this was ok, nor am i saying he should go unpunished. The Ban is up to the admin who banned him as far as im concerned. In fact, im not sure id unban him either. But, what you guys posted is ridiculous. You all assumed you knew his intentions, and then decided he was a bad person when you didnt now anything about him. And then you think you are all justified in posting as you did. Im dissappointed in all of you(excluding steel and Alpha :p), Skyler for making it, and the rest of you for bashing his head in before he had a chance to be properly questioned.

Steel, very rarely do players who write on ban appeals actually add something to the situation. Perhaps we should reconsider allowing them to post on them? Frankly im tired of telling people not to spam ban appeals, not to act like admins, and then they go and bash someone before any of us have a chance to look at it. Or perhaps we should make it a rule that an admin must be the first to post(besides the banned of course) and then players can post.

atkrye

King of Quests
Legion the Swastika is banned for a simple reason. It causes offence like non of the other symbols you mentioned. It doesn't matter what it's history is- its associated so much with Nazism that it will almost automatically be considered offensive by some, and inappropriate by most.

Nevertheless, the players who posted here before admins were both rude and posting without relevance. I'm sorry that you were treated this way skylar. However, I personally think this ban should stick.

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
Hello everyone, seems theres been a bit of a kerfuffle here :eek:

Slyker, I am disappoint. I don't see any reason that would have compelled you to make a swastika in the first place, you say 'I was acting Like Retard And i wasent Thinking Properly' which doesnt quite justify it to me, you even took the time to flatten the area using cobble before hand.

Even though you didnt intend it as a racist action you failed to take into consideration that we have people of all races and creeds on this server, and the symbol (which like legion quite rightly said is pre-Nazi) has come to widely recognised the Nazi movement and all they did and stood for which can greatly offend some people. Something that I personally don't want to see on this server.

You say you were going to destroy it but tped away because monsters were coming (cheating), your first action should have been to make your way back to destroyed it, rather than effectively going 'meh' and just leaving it for someone else to find.

Finally if your the kind of person that acts 'Like Retard' and doesn't 'Think Properly' then this server isn't for you, we have the whitelist to make sure we get the best playerbase possible, Ive had to deal with you for a minor incident or two before, only minor but they don't help with your reputation in my eyes.

Ban stands.

P.S. your capitalisation of every word in you appeal attempts made me feel physically ill trying to read it, not helping my hangover to go away at all. Wherever you go next please dont make them suffer, capital letters go at the beginnings of sentences and names of people/places etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with regards to posting on ban appeals, only post if you have something constructive to add, dont just rip into them no matter what they have done. Ban appeals are there so the culprit can give their version of events, not a place where you can be rude to people for what they have done. Wait till a mod has had chance to respond before offering your side of the story if you were involved.

Locking this thread now, if any other admins have any more useful and constructive input feel free to add

Status
Not open for further replies.