Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Location, Location, Location

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Chichanista:
Defense forces: 35
Religiousness : - something
Cultute: . . . 0, like everyone else.

Territorial Map Newclaim.jpg

Might I also suggest we change the criteria from Culture to something else, maybe something economic or such, since everyone seems to have null in the way of culture.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I think I may finally have a compromise to give science a role in territorial expansion.

The reason I've been hesitant until now is because I don't feel that science, on its own, leads to expansion; science is typically a boost to something else, usually war, and that something else leads to expansion.

Therefore, perhaps it would make sense to use Scientific Advancement as a booster stat for Defense Forces. The Scientific Advancement Level (SAL) would be used as a percentage and be multiplied into the Defense Forces points.

For example, a nation with 18 Defense Forces and 66 Scientific Advancement would end up with an adjusted Defense Forces stat of 30.

If we use this strategy, I don't currently plan on using it to calculate Defense Force stats for RP use. What are everyone's thoughts on this, though?

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I think I may finally have a compromise to give science a role in territorial expansion.

The reason I've been hesitant until now is because I don't feel that science, on its own, leads to expansion; science is typically a boost to something else, usually war, and that something else leads to expansion.

Therefore, perhaps it would make sense to use Scientific Advancement as a booster stat for Defense Forces. The Scientific Advancement Level (SAL) would be used as a percentage and be multiplied into the Defense Forces points.

For example, a nation with 18 Defense Forces and 66 Scientific Advancement would end up with an adjusted Defense Forces stat of 30.

If we use this strategy, I don't currently plan on using it to calculate Defense Force stats for RP use. What are everyone's thoughts on this, though?
As an atheistic nation with a high science level, it would come as no surprise that I support this.

Last edited:

Exosferik

Storm's Landing Wanderer
I think we should use something similar to that for RP, but not for claiming. I mean for winning the battle scientific advancement is crucial, but holding a land is more a question of raw manpower. (until you have some kind of automatized enforcing means which is lot of sci-fi)

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
Culture: 0
Defence Forces: 32
Relegiousness: -9
Territorial Map Newclaim.jpg
I claim these areas because I assume claims are open.
(My claims are on the peninsula and not the claims on the large subcontinent)