Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Region Reset Vote

What do you want to see implemented for the Nation States reset?

• Nothing; I don't want a reset!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The "Main Plan" WITH RP ties to the previous world

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The "Main Plan" withOUT RP ties to the previous world

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • The "Main Plan" WITH a modern day tech code put in place, as outlined under the original plan

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • The "Main Plan" withOUT a tech code put in place

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • The "Main Plan" WITH "legacy" nations given first pick on map placement

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • The "Main Plan" withOUT"legacy" nations given first pick on map placement

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Basically, the tech code option is what LightTwig and Deathmoron have said. It will start modern day, and basic prototype technology will be allowed, though said prototype technology shouldn't be widespread in your nation (aka not everyone has a self-driving car).

The basic idea I have in mind for tech advancement is that when a nation gets to a 100 Scientific Advancement Level, they will be allowed to pick a "specialty" tech. For example, a nation could choose to specialize in railguns and thus allow them to start using railguns in their military. This process would continue, so at 200 SAL, a nation could choose a second technology to specialize in. This method should give nations pushing science an edge, but not an OP one, and it should also give nations some more unique RP qualities.

Also, the technology that a nation chooses to specialize in should be reasonable (aka not straight-up immortality). As a guideline, nations should try specializing in technologies currently in early prototype in RL. Or, as another guideline, try not to specialize in technology that won't likely be developed within the next 50 years in RL.
*plots deviously*
Genetics :3

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
2 hours, 42 minutes from time of this post.

But guys; that's just the start time. You can make your nation at any time after that, just preferably not before. This "reset" date probably won't be very dramatic until we start picking starting locations, but I won't have the map ready until late tonight or tomorrow.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Righto. Time to write out my constitution.

Edit: Also, I know this is a planning factor that's a bit late to the table, but do we want to play with realistic populations or the 1 million every day figure that NS provides?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I'd say we can stick with the NS populations. Honestly, though, it shouldn't matter too much since we're all proportional to each other, for once.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Might I suggest we get a new forum, or wipe this one, in preparation for the reset? I want to make a thread for my new nation and stuff like that, but this one is so cluttered.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Uh, do we send our new nations to the democratic council of Hollowworld or some place else after creating?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Also, please refrain from having your new nations join the WA!

Seeing as only one of your nations is allowed to be in the WA, anyways, we'd like to keep the alts away from the WA. Furthermore, by having everyone out of the WA, our region is no longer bound by WA regulations.