Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Ships Spotted

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
*any of those affected by the waves and shores would be sent a lump sum of money to help pay for any damages caused*

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Just now a massive explosion would be heard all over corvermell and reach the shores of morgantha, the waves hitting shore would me much bigger today then usual today.
understatement.
What the hell.png

that is a map of the soundwaves that would have emanated from that explosion.
all of Corvermell heard it. all of Aranudar heard it. all of Dojmiri, all of Terenas, the western shores of Curacha, the northern shores of Morgnatha and Duskilor, the far far west of Sprakia.

that is hundreds of thousands of miles. it's a sizeable portion of the entire planet.

let me tag everyone affected.
@Glados @Scardrac @Man5791 @Deathmoron @BrianAT16 @Monster_Dan @Dr.Patriot

for something to have emitted a sound audible for that kind of distance means it must have been beyond deafening at the source.
I can't even begin to imagine the sort of negative effect the sound alone would have on the wildlife in that gargantuan swathe of ocean. nor what kind of weapon could emit that kind of sound, what happened to the ships in that area, how huge the waves from there could be... I will be honest, I'm expecting a few natural disasters.

EDIT: Kyle forgot where Morgnatha was, leading to a huge overstatement in shockwave size. I made a much smaller map below.

Last edited:

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
I don't like the idea that any county has access to that sort of hardware, that can be heard across a fifth of the world, considering our world is bloody huge to accommodate for the billions of people living on it, I think you've overestimated the bang @Gaby

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
understatement.
View attachment 61017

that is a map of the soundwaves that would have emanated from that explosion.
all of Corvermell heard it. all of Aranudar heard it. all of Dojmiri, all of Terenas, the western shores of Curacha, the northern shores of Morgnatha and Duskilor, the far far west of Sprakia.

that is hundreds of thousands of miles. it's a sizeable portion of the entire planet.

let me tag everyone affected.
@Glados @Scardrac @Man5791 @Deathmoron @BrianAT16 @Monster_Dan @Dr.Patriot

for something to have emitted a sound audible for that kind of distance means it must have been beyond deafening at the source.
I can't even begin to imagine the sort of negative effect the sound alone would have on the wildlife in that gargantuan swathe of ocean. nor what kind of weapon could emit that kind of sound, what happened to the ships in that area, how huge the waves from there could be... I will be honest, I'm expecting a few natural disasters.
that is why I said it would /not/ have been that loud because it is just absurd Gaby, so I tried to tell you to shapen it down to a REASONABLE LEVEL but you hung up before I could. a cruise missile would not have THAT MASSIVE OF AN EFFECT, though it is big and powerful it would not be THAT BLOODY LARGE of a radius to cause a wave of that magnitude.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I don't like the idea that any county has access to that sort of hardware, that can be heard across a fifth of the world, considering our world is bloody huge to accommodate for the billions of people living on it, I think you've overestimated the bang @Gaby
that is why I said it would /not/ have been that loud because it is just absurd Gaby, so I tried to tell you to shapen it down to a REASONABLE LEVEL but you hung up before I could. a cruise missile would not have THAT MASSIVE OF AN EFFECT, though it is big and powerful it would not be THAT BLOODY LARGE of a radius to cause a wave of that magnitude.
just wanted to make a point.
it was Kyle who said the waves extend down to Morgnatha. I just wanted to check how big that was.

fully willing to tone it down. Ill call ye again. sorry about that.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
just wanted to make a point.
it was Kyle who said the waves extend down to Morgnatha. I just wanted to check how big that was.

fully willing to tone it down. Ill call ye again. sorry about that.
its alright, I make a mistake as to where morgantha even WAS xD

and I edited the post that said it so it fits better

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Just now a massive explosion would be heard all over corvermell, the waves hitting shore would me much bigger today then usual today.

the entire world is going to die guys.

XD jk. gonna do my mapmaking again and post the more accurate.

Edit: actually had to make it much less of Corvermell, because it was still insane:

what the lesser hell.png

so thats a good portion of Terenas, Dojmiri, much much less of Corvermell, and like one aranudar island.

Last edited:

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Guys, that's /pretty much/ the area of effect of a /powerful/ nuke. Nagasaki and Hiroshima were nuclear missiles, yet i'm not sure Chinese farmers really had any awareness that they fell. I think you're overestimating the area-of-effect of a tactical missile there, laddies. What you could see, however, as you said, is the water after-effects. Sound, i would doubt it.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Guys, that's /pretty much/ the area of effect of a /powerful/ nuke. Nagasaki and hiroshima were nuclear missiles, yet i'm not sure Chinese farmers really had any awareness that they fell. I think you're overestimating the area-of-effect of a tactical missile there, laddies. What you could see, however, as you said, is the water after-effects. Sound, i would doubt it.
thank you.