Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

NationStates

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Also, no alts. Only one nation in the region per player. We are using modern and immediate future (next two years) tech. Mechanica Rationalis is somehow an exception.
I'm the exception because of legacy rules. Since inception 2 years ago MR has always been futuretech.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mechanica_rationalis

3 billion, which I've just brought back after like 4 months of inactivity and no nation growth. Social utopia with universal free healthcare, exceedingly powerful information tech sector, and bristling defensive abilities. Mechanica Rationalis is the most technologically advanced nation in the Democratic Council of Hollow World, and has, on top of the 3 billion human population, a thriving number of fully sapient machines which live and work alongside humans. Recent advancements in nanotech have resulted in a cultural revolution, with the old guard preferring to keep using their macroscopic synthetic implants and the younger generation investing in and using nanite enhancement to become true post-humans.

Humans are split into several different social classes in Mechanica Rationalis based not on income (since there's a 90% income tax) but on the level of investment into integration with the synthetic population which is far larger than the human side. People regularly swap their biological parts for mechanical alternatives, or supplement their bodies with new and powerful tech. There is no need for humans to work at all as machines can supply everything they need, and so the level of investment into posthumanism determines a person's social class.

Mechanica Rationalis first started off as a machine only nation with a single citizen, Mechanica itself, a refugee from a far-future alternate Altera where Grief was eventually destroyed by Hawklight tech. Mechanica was the sole surviving AI of an escape attempt from a doomed world forgotten by gods and kings (the Tekkit server way into the future) and faced vastly diminished operational capacity upon arriving in NationStates!Earth. Only recently has tech begun to approach the old levels, and the economic boom and constant technological expansion led to humans emigrating from their homelands to live in Mechanica Rationalis.

In recent times, Mechanica has started an initiative to plumb the depths of the planet while working on several orbital and deep space projects. The current capital city from which Mechanica rules is the Orion Complex, a manufacturing facility several miles underground and the largest of its kind, pumping out thousands of synthetics every day. In orbit, the capital/colony ship of MRCS Forward Unto The Light is under construction. Upon completion, Mechanica will divide its consciousness and send this backup of itself into interstellar space along with a full complement of the most advanced synthetics and the cream of the crop of the humans and post-humans.

Mechanica itself is not located in any single place but exists instead through borrowing the processing power of every synthetic and post-human inside the borders of its nation as well as using miles and miles of constantly improving processor banks.

Now step aside and let the adults talk.
*takes russian accent*

Daaa.
Now see, frieind.. I haf biggest nuclear warhed reserve on Altera... Glorius Imperium industry of the arms is of the mightest... war technology refined of the decades of war, and people of the praise glorius Overlord and fight to dead if means Overlord greater then machine... let us see of robot can withstand power of thousand nuke and millions soldiur if dar insult Imperivm again!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
*takes russian accent*

Daaa.
Now see, frieind.. I haf biggest nuclear warhed reserve on Altera... Glorius Imperium industry of the arms is of the mightest... war technology refined of the decades of war, and people of the praise glorius Overlord and fight to dead if means Overlord greater then machine... let us see of robot can withstand power of thousand nuke and millions soldiur if dar insult Imperivm again!
I've got an arms rating of 119 weapons per person. I mean if you want to throw your fleshbags at 360 billion weapons that's cool. And please launch electronics at a nation with a maxed out tech rating.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I've got an arms rating of 119 weapons per person. I mean if you want to throw your fleshbags at 360 billion weapons that's cool. And please launch electronics at a nation with a maxed out tech rating.
is not care if your citizen cannot handle weapon like of the many devoted military-trained citizen of Overlord and large army of professional.
Prais be Imperium, Capitalism and Order.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
As long as we are upto the descriptions...
Volopia, former Corporatocracy, is undergoing a violent revolution by the downtrodden, and largely and quite literally enslaved lower class. More info on that is available on the RP thread concerning the war.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
I really do think we should establish something soon: NS stats aren't our go-to thing for RP matters. In RP, keep it realistic and, more importantly, keep it balanced. A loss of immersion is better than a power game. For example, one issue lets you move your entire capital underground, which is obviously beyond realism and, especially, beyond balance in a time of war.

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sprakia
Long old account being revived. It looks good in that it has good civil rights and political freedoms and a fair economy, but I realised I left it with an 84% income tax. I just passed legislation to leave the WA because I don't want foreigners governing my nation like I was an eu member.

Though someone probably has a higher population that mine, Sprakia has a population of 3.766billion.
lol 20% of my population dies due to getting lost in the wilderness

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sprakia
Long old account being revived. It looks good in that it has good civil rights and political freedoms and a fair economy, but I realised I left it with an 84% income tax. I just passed legislation to leave the WA because I don't want foreigners governing my nation like I was an eu member.

Though someone probably has a higher population that mine, Sprakia has a population of 3.766billion.
lol 20% of my population dies due to getting lost in the wilderness
lel stupids xD

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Is post mine, but I'm completely new to this and not sure how war goes but I amagine if it was allowed Arcturus and it's vassals would overkill it

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Is post mine, but I'm completely new to this and not sure how war goes but I amagine if it was allowed Arcturus and it's vassals would overkill it
you are completely safe Tybalt. Nationstates doesn't have any official system of war programmed into it. people have to either roleplay out a war in the forums, or do this weird region-invasion thing that's just taking control of a group with a bunch of friends.