Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nemeia's Application [ Approved - Mara ]

Nemeia

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
_Nemmers

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
USA, EST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming refers to the use of information or strategies that are not explicitly available within the game or its rules, but rather rely on knowledge or assumptions outside of the game itself. This can include leveraging knowledge of other players' tendencies or preferences, exploiting glitches or loopholes in the game mechanics. It's basically using anything your character doesn't know in game, to affect or change the course of the in game world.

Powergaming is a term used to describe a style of gameplay where the primary focus is on maximizing the power, efficiency, or effectiveness of a character or game avatar, often at the expense of other aspects of the game such as role-playing, immersion, or narrative. Powergamers typically seek to optimize their characters' abilities, skills, and equipment in order to dominate challenges, defeat enemies, or achieve goals as quickly and easily as possible. It also refers to situations where your character does the impossible, like emoting 'he easily dodged the attack against him and chopped his opponents head in a single flourish of his sword'. This leaves no room for reaction and is therefore powergaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No you do not.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hi my name's Nem, I'm an enby and a college students studying Visual Data Analytics and Business Administration. My hobbies mostly consist of writing and reading. Specifically, fantasy, and even more specifically LitRPG fantasy. I'm currently working on a novel that has reached 60,000 words and would be delighted to share it privately with anyone who asks. I also enjoy listening to music while indulge in my hobbies, my favorite artists are a little all over the place. But a few I like are, Masayoshi Takanaka, Jack Stauber, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Steely Dan, and the Doobie Brothers. I don't really play any other games, mostly cause I don't make the time, but I have been playing the MW2 with a couple friends(I am terrible at it). I have been roleplaying on minecraft since 2016, and am excited to get back into things after a year long break.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Azur, Cukie, and other people who have migrated to this server
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Character Name:
Stage Name: Vincent Lucifer Arthur Ramesses The 3rd

Character Age:

Character Race:
Elf, Silver Elf

Appearance:
Vincent is a lanky man of above average height, standing at 6'4". His movements and general demeanor are graceful, as if each action is thought about thoroughly beforehand. The man’s face always portrays happiness or contentment, almost as if it’s been frozen that way. Vincent’s normal attire is that of a suit and top hat. His clothes are often brightly colored and mismatched. On the surface the man looks young, as if he were in the prime of his youth. However, his eyes tell a different story. These amber colored gems show his age and experience to the world.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
vince.png
Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Vincent was born to a high noble's house over a century ago. He was the product of an arranged marriage of two very unhappy Silver Elves. His parents were incredibly distant from him, being more concerned with how Elven society viewed the family than caring for Vincent's needs. Instead he was raised by a several nannies hired from the lower class. It was because of one specific nanny, Kelia, that Vincent attributes his strangeness as compared to other Silver Elves. Kelia was an eccentric woman, perhaps even a little crazy she dressed in a fashion similar to Vincent now, which is to say many different colors and comically old fashioned. She came from a background of traveling performers, specifically a tight rope walker, though, due to an unfortunate accident involving the loss of her left leg, she ended up working for Vincent's family. The only reason his parents chose to hire her was to brag to their friends that they were helping out the village cripple, truly altruistic.

Kelia was also a Silver Elf, though had of course been born in the lower class and in a rural area, meaning she wasn't well acquainted with her culture and acted more like a human. She was brash, funny, and to the point. Vincent learned from these behaviors adopting them as his own, with a twist that would match the cultural upbringing he had subjected to. As the years passed on, his parents began to notice the odd and less than normal behavior of their only son. It was around this time that Vincent turned fifteen and began to dress as he has to this day. On his birthday, Kelia gifted him the blue suit and top hat that he's worn to this day, as well as his first ribbon bowtie, which he doesn't wear anymore, but has as a keepsake. His parents were of course, not very enthused with this sort of behavior, but chose to ignore it thinking he would grow out of his nonsense and join high society.

Throughout his life he had never been to a traditional school, instead his parents had a hired a dozen tutors to teach him all he needed to know about Silver Elf society and the world. Additionally, around his fifteenth birthday, Kelia began to teach Vincent what she knew about entertaining in secret. Over the years Vincent had developed a love for making people laugh, particularly the servants and his many tutors, those his parents never found his jokes funny. Over the following years Vincent became more adept at comedy, performing, and particularly magic. Not in the traditional sense of the word magic, like fireballs and such, but slight of hand, illusion, and misdirection. Some of these skills he picked up from Kelia, but most he invented himself, finding he had quite the knack for performing arts.

When his parents eventually found out about his secret tutoring lessons, his interest in 'magic', and that he was still wearing that gaudy blue suit, they were infuriated. They locked Vincent in his room, and threatened to never let him out unless he, the only heir to his house, stopped with his nonsense and became a normal member of society. Vincent, of course, did not do that. The evening after he was locked up, Kelia managed to sneak Vincent out through his window in the middle of the night. He was nineteen at this point, almost an adult, and thought himself ready to take on the world. Kelia led him out of his families estate and into the seaside town. The tavern at this hour was still a bustle of activity and it was here that Vincent would put on his first performance ever,

He convinced the tavern keep to let him take to the stage, and he put on his worst performance ever. But, people still laughed, mostly at him and his fumbling of jokes and tricks. However, the sheer joy of hearing them laugh and feeling there admiration for him, convinced him whole heartedly that this was the path for him. Unfortunately for Vincent, his troubles were just beginning. A friend, of a friend, of a cousin's friend of his family happened to be in the tavern that night. And when word got back to his parents that Vincent dressed in a blue suit had performed in tavern full of low born, they were beyond infuriated. They left no chance for reconciliation, promptly kicking Vincent and Kelia out of the house and removing his name from the family history in their fury.

Now without a home or a penny to his name, Vincent set out with Kelia to travel with a band of entertainers. For the next two decades he honed his art of 'magic', comedy, and entertainment, becoming fairly well known in the small villages the traveling band would visit. Eventually, Kelia would die of old age, at the ripe age of 246, this was the worst day of Vincent's life by far and something he avoids talking about at all costs. He buried Kelia on a hill leaving a gravestone that said 'Here lies Kelia, the woman who showed me the humor in everything'. Over the next decades Vincent would split off from the traveling group, going solo and becoming a vagabond of sorts. Going from town to town entertaining in tavern's and any event he could get hired for. He never returned or made contact with his parents, and avoids the subject when asked of his heritage.

Vincent seeks to start a new chapter of his life, choosing to find a city to call home and begin building relationships with the residents. He's getting to the age where he desires a family of his own, there are not many opportunities to start one when traveling alone. Vincent is also interested in exploring Cogimency, even if his fellow Silver Elves see it as a corrupted form of magic. He wishes to enhance his acts with feats of actual sorcery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mara

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
The_Reaper_Angel
The_Reaper_Angel
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.