Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nwalme Fuvur

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Blood-red and transparent.
Okay, I'm going to throw science at you now... Apologies in advance.

If the blade of said sword appears blood-red, it is because it only allows red light to pass through it, while all the other colours of the spectrum are absorbed. Therefore - technically - the sword is in fact translucent, as its being red means that it only lets some light through it - not all.

But, still - I wouldn't particularly want it at my throat either way... So I'm just going to leave now... *scuttles away*

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Y'see, I keep confusing the definitions of words. It's not transparent in the way glass is. It's probably translucent.... But the color and the... Transparency? Is because the sword is partially made of some form of red gem.... I dunno all the details of how it was made tbh.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Woah woah woah woah Blarg... you linked Blaze to Basil's soul.
This works both ways. When Basil died, blaze died too.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Absolutely. But a stick does not give off light, even if it used to be a torch.
Blaze didnt disintegrate, but its hardly a sword anymore. If you try to use it, it will shatter.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Interesting. Nwalme is in for a surprise next time he uses Blaze.... Though not sure what to make of the fact he's already practiced with Blaze. :S

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Interesting. Nwalme is in for a surprise next time he uses Blaze.... Though not sure what to make of the fact he's already practiced with Blaze. :S
Practice blows, not as hard as actual combat?
Plus, this wouldn't have taken effect until Basil died.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Practice blows, not as hard as actual combat?
Plus, this wouldn't have taken effect until Basil died.
*giggles incessantly* So... that means... if it ever comes to mortal combat... *descends into maniacal laughter*

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
"Done went and came back... n' changes'd ever s' slight!"

(And with a journal I made. I was very, very bored.)

Note that Nwalme has horrible writing and has no sense of grammar yet. I only wrote in a manner people wouldn't have trouble understanding out of habit.

I bought this, so I might as well use it.

Not sure why I bought this, exactly. Going to use it to write my story, I suppose. I do hope no one finds this until I'm dead, or it's been so far from now that my reputation then will cancel out what I've already done and still plan to do. Or maybe I'll just give it to Ivali if I decide to leave the North entirely.

Note: Decroix may be Corvus, or something of this nature. At this ungodly hour of the night, I cannot seem to recall which is his real one. Suppose that's all for the best?

Day one

Of course, today isn't the first day of anything. Well, this is the day I bought the journal. I've got no idea what day it really is. Regardless, I'll start with a brief summary. I, more or less, recruited Decroix, proved there's no honor amongst thieves, killed Jack Bloodcloak and an innocent.

I felt, and still feel bad, for abusing my friends' hospitality. At first, I assumed I could learn to be a blacksmith and pay them off after my apprenticeship. But that would of took years, if not a decade or two, and all the while I would be further abusing their hospitality. So, I turned to a life of crime. I walked to the Mead, I took the long way of course, and after a few moments I saw Drowan drowning himself in ale and wine. I shrugged, and began an attempt at recruiting him to my cause. I spouted some hogswash about philosophies and what-not, apparently Drowan is a man who cares almost too much for his blade and the blades of others, but it all amounted to nothing. He wasn't too keen on joining me.... Luckily, for me, Decroix just happened to be listening; not even twenty paces away from us.

Conversation went back and forth for a few moments, though he's really just someone to look as dangerous as he is and take orders, I could tell he got the general vibe of what I was saying. Really wasn't much, just some philosophetical hogswash, again. Not a second after that, I heard a scream behind me. 'Lo-and-behold, there was a mugging going on right outside the Mead. Some street urchin with scalemail rusted almost to bits was yelling at some girl to give him her coin. She was struggling, a bit, and it seemed the street urchin didn't have any weapons on him. I aimed my bow at him, but it was Decroix who did the real work. Can't exactly recall what he did, don't think I was paying that much attention to it, but a few moments later there was a bruise the size of an egg forming on the urchin's head and I was kneeling over him looking for any coin.

That was my first robbery.

Of course, I can't recall why, but an hour or two after mugging a mugger, Bloodcloak, Dexroix, and yours truly were sitting around the Norweigan.

Conversation had died down, and I asked outright if Bloodcloak cared to betray his family and join what would eventually be my own crime ring. The idea tumbled around in his mind a bit, weighing the benefits and the downsides.... Eventually, I ordered Decroix to kill him, even though he said yes. It occured to me that I don't want him for my future plans; too violent, too messy, too loose of a tongue. Besides, this would earn me some points with Icecloak if I ever came across him.

A brief, albeit bloody, fight later, Bloodcloak was breathing irregularly on the floor of the tavern. Face down in a small puddle of blood. Decroix claimed he was dead, so I wasn't going anywhere near him, I had Decroix search his corpse for anything valuable. Decroix claimed his sword, and I took the bits of silver and the single gold piece he had.

I began to fancy myself a vigilante.

I asked Decroix, after a long walk around the Capital, if we should push our luck with a third robbery. He, the useful brute he is, said that of course we should.... My blood was still running hot, so I decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea. We went back to the Mead, for there are always gullible peasants at the Mead; 'lo-and-behold, there was about five of them. We sat in a corner of the room, well away from the drone of conversation. Only one of the five was out of the crowd, so he would have to be our target unless I wanted it to get too messy. After a brief discussion with Decroix, I sauntered over to him. Didn't notice until I was paying more attention to him, he was armed but not armored. Could be a bounty hunter, could be a bandit, could be anything. But he had an air of skill about him. None of the other four peasants at the table payed us any mind, must of been too busy discussing whatever was so interesting that one or two of them might as well of been shouting. I whispered in his ear:

"Decroix would like to see you. Rich man, he is, but a touch frightened in public places and big crowds."
He whispered back, some sort of glint in his eyes. I assumed greed. "Aye, but who is this Decroix?"
"All you need to know is that he pays well, and wants to meet you. Shall I lead the way?"

He nodded his consent, and I punched his arm, grinning. "Decroix may be half-mad, but damn does he choose his employees well." We had a bit of brief conversation on the way to 'Decroix's manse.' I don't recall any of it; it didn't matter. I held the door open for him, and he walked inside alright, not a hint of suspicion. I judged him to be similar to Decroix then. Dangerous, but not the sharpest sword in the realm. I grinned as the real Decroix followed him inside, and closed the door on them. I took a few steps back, and waited to see if our victim tried to escape the way he came in; he didn't have the chance.

Not even a minute after I let my dog loose on him, the dog barked for me to come inside. Lying on the floor was our victim. Breathing regularly, not in a pool of blood and if not for the fact Decroix wasn't restraining him, I would of judged him to be in in... decent health. I assumed that all the actual wounds weren't on his visible side. He had dropped a bow, but I saw no sign of his sword. I toyed with the thought that Decroix had shoved it up his arse along with Bloodcloak's for a moment or two.

I saw no other choice. If he lived, or remembered, he would report us to the Silvercloaks... which would, eventually, reach Kavdam and my allies and friends there. After I searched his body for anything valuable, I removed two coin purses. I assumed they were at the time, anyway, except one of them didn't sound quite right. I ordered Decroix to bash his head in, but not to kill him.

Bits of his flesh splattered and clung onto the walls around him, and my robe.

The ends justify the means. Not even an hour ago, I murdered an innocent.

Day Two

It's not even mid-day yet, but I feel as if my teeth have been broken to bits. Again.

So, to try to take my mind off it, Master suggested I do something that makes me think really bloody hard. Repitition helps, too, he says.

I was too vague last night, I suppose. The end I plan to justify is one that my current 'peers' would despise. The King is running it all wrong. Trying to tax people who think they're kings in their own right, and might of bloody been if it weren't for the current King making peace with Hawklight and fighting alongside them.... Ironically, one peasant without a drop of noble blood is a self-proclaimed king, too.

Odd world we live in, isn't it?

My suggestion is to just tax them, and give them real bloody consequences for not paying. No one cares if they lose their seat on some half-arsed Noble council. They should raise the levies, smash down their castles, and give them to more deserving vassals. Some of the Nobles would be better off to see how horrid the world is beyond their meagre lands and horrid castles.

Of course, I'm just some bloody peasant, I don't plan on becoming king. Who'd want to, anyway? A worse life than digging away into the earth, searching for diamonds and gold that you won't even be able to keep. At least then, your life wouldn't be filled with doubt, constant death threats.... Gods, this new King could use some better advisors. Heard that one of them went off on a tangent, and got the Mountain to sever some Dwarf's hand. Or it might of been a Halfling. Who doesn't look like a Halfling when standing next to an armed and armored mountain...?

My teeth hurt because I just got my silver teeth put in. Master made me pay a hefty sum, but I'd rather do that than have missing teeth. I've got coin to spare, anyway. The innocent had a bag of emeralds on him. Rich twit was an idiot to carry around a small fortune in his pocket.

I'm done writing for now. I'm off to the Mead to drink away the pain.... Still isn't even noon....

Day Three

I really should ask one of the Nakam what day it is.

Nothing really important happened today, I just sat around watching people. Waiting for the ache in my mouth to fade before I walk back to Kavdam. Wonder how Ivali will react to seeing me with my two teeth back? Hope she doesn't think that I used magic, honestly do. Master may be an absurdly good blacksmith, but he certainly doesn't have a drop of magic in him. Though, he claims spell-forged steel is uncomparable to naturally mined and smelted stone. "Nothing as sharp, strong, or durable. Not even Mountain's armor."

I would be a liar if I said I didn't toy around with the idea of Ivali and I being lovers. Though, Father's satob was a Nakat, and she betrayed him and slit his throat. Not to mention, she'll age and die while I'm in the prime of my youth.... That makes me sad, it really does. Why would anyone want to outlive their friends?

I don't know why I'm writing this here, anyway. Father never kept journals, said they were unprofessional and dangerous. What if someone finds this...? I'm grinning. I want someone to find this, I'll never tell anyone what I've wrote here. And if Ced finds this, well, I hope he understands. I didn't want to kill that peasant, I don't want to kill anyone. Bloodcloak had to die, he had no family it would destroy and he was a murderer; a Kilrox worshipper in the simplest form.

Still, I feel bad. I sobbed and vomited... my stomach was rolling and hurting for hours after I killed the innocent. I pray the Pantheon will forgive me.

The ends justify the means. I can never forget that.

Day Four

Another day of nothing important, in fact I don't even have to write by candlelight this time.

I've mostly been left to my thoughts, at least, after I finished laboring over Master's forge I have been. I'm genuinely considering joining the Silvercloaks. I don't have to kill anyone, I'll be respected. I'll be an honored member of society... on the outside....

But on the inside, I'm still a murderer. I can't abandon my peers any time soon. Not until I've gathered enough strength to ensure that I'll be able to kill them all, with minimal risk to myself. I don't doubt that, with Decroix, we would be more than capable of killing Icecloak. But how do I ensure that he won't be with his family? How can I be certain that he won't split and run before the killing blow is upon him? No, I need more people. Decroix is damned good, but he's far from perfect. Very far.

Master might be able to supply me with arms and armor for a group of fighters. Might. But how would I hide them, and how long would I have to wait? No, it's better that we scavenge for the armor. Might only be bits and pieces from the odd peasant, but it's better than nothing....

Or Rex. He still owes me! He still owes me one more favor! Brilliant, I'll just get the Mountain to supply my men.... But first I need to get men for him to supply. The peasants at the Mead are questionable at best, and I don't want to drag Ivali into this life. Ced and the Rangers would demand I stop what I'm doing immediately, and even if I do they may remove me from the Guild anyway. Maybe Decroix has some suggestions; birds of a feather fly together. Perhaps I'll find the right people by circumstance, after all that's how I found Decroix.

Regardless, a bell just chimed somewhere. Not sure what time it is exactly, but Master said after hearing the bell twice I was to return to the forge. Think it might be arms and armor lessons, since that he already taught me a little about forging and smelting. I should be done in a few hours.

Ivali

Let me damn myself to a life in the dungeons, or the headsmans' axe... sod it, I already started.

Father would say love is instinctive, that you know it the moment you glance at someone. You could never be sure how long you would be with the girl, but you could always tell. Always.

I'm, honestly, going to fall over and die if she reads this.... And if anyone starts bloody making fun of me over this, I'll forget my morals and let Decroix cut them in bloody half with a greatsword. I honestly don't know why I'm writing this- some things are better left to memory.

I'm as stupid as Father. She's a Nakat, and she'll be long dead before I'm out of my youth.

I'm shaking my head, Gods, I'm an idiot.... It doesn't matter. This will just give me reason to not show this book to anyone....

Day Five

Again, mostly just left to my thoughts. Master left on a job somewhere, so I might as well go back to Kavdam.

Only about three more years, maybe two, and I'll be out of his care and able to smelt and forge. Decroix would be interested in becoming a sort of vagabond; he has no morals. Actually, does he? Don't think so, his loyalty is very unfortunately questionable, as well. I certainly think I treat him better than most other crime lords would; we split the money equally, that is, if he accepts the coin. I certainly will make him my bodyguard, if I can somehow get out of this life and enact my own plans.

I'm yet to mention that, aren't I? Basically, crime in the Capital is a problem. I don't pretend to be able to understand politics, and I don't pretend to know the current political situation, but I still think the King is running it all wrong. They won a kingdom, at this rate they won't keep it. No one respects the law, everyone has at least a dagger on their person at all times. Just hire some arses to sniff out the criminals, and then kill the criminals. Don't give them some bloody uniform, don't give them some paper that says they're out on king's business to enact the King's Justice. Nether, buy up some taverns and have their owners work as the equivalent of spies. Give them gold, get information back. Then just act on the information. They say Icecloak is off to kidnap Rex the Mountain? Send the Mountain to the Norweigan and have some men follow him there, cut Icecloak to ribbons, and there's the biggest problem solved. The one who wants to become Basil II will be dead. Nether, you won't have to kill him, either. Just take him for information, no doubt he knows most if not all the names of the criminals in the Capital. I'll do it for them, too!

Still, I know my place in life, I'm only a peasant. Basil was too ambitious, thought he could lie his way out of his heritage. Dumb arse. Well, I can't really fault him for it, can I? He just felt it was unfair; he thought it didn't matter what your heritage was as long as you were a capable person. He should of waited, he would of been a good executioner for the King.

Raining, did I mention that? Only reason I'm still writing and not walking. No secret I love walking in the rain, but not when the sun is still out of the sky and I'm sitting next to the forge to prevent my arse from freezing off. Could read, but Master has no interesting books.... I'm not robbing him, either. Master is a good man. He has a family, and I'm honored he's accepted me as an apprentice.

Honor. Do I have honor? Father would say that honor is an idiotic thing, made by nobles for nobles. Something that only the fools believe in, to make themselves feel better than people who are actually smart enough to know that honor means nothing. Though, after Father recovered from his loss of insanity, he fancied himself a man of honor, albeit not much honor. How beautifully ironic is that? Regardless, my question remains unanswered. Do I have honor? I killed an innocent, but I also killed Bloodcloak. Saved a poor girl from some mugger, as well. I try not to kill the wrong people, but I don't care who I rob as long as they don't ruin my plans. I still rob people, but what other trade could I learn? I think I'm rather decent at plotting and planning, I may have the traits of a good leader.... Or have I just been lucky so far? The three robbings I've "planned" haven't been planned at all, they were random events that I happened to profit from.... Perhaps Captain would be willing to give out a bit of advice? After all, I need to show him Decroix eventually.

Don't like Captain that much, to be honest. He may be cheery and happy and what-not, but he is still a murderer. Just like the rest of my peers, the moment I'm more useful dead than alive I'm dead.

Pleasant thoughts to consider on the way to Kavdam, I suppose?