Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nylas Cleon [Accepted - Niek Morenta]

Fireball48

Villager
Me:

1) What is your MINECRAFT username?
Fireball48

2) How old are you.

3) Where are you?
U.S.A.

4) Have you ready our guides?
Yes.

5) Introduce yourself!
I do not have a job because I'm still in school. I enjoy the mathematical part of school the most, the only other game I generally play is Agar.io. I enjoy sandbox games, then I do not beat them in a day. I usually beat games like Skylanders, Minecraft, (In a form) Halo, The Laura Croft Games. Those are just a few of my most recent games, another one of the games I have played would be Rockband 2, I hadn't played drums in a while so I was off my game, though I beat the hardest songs in the game after about 2 days of practice.

6) Got any examples of your work?
I love to youtube!

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
Yes now I have.

8) Referrer
Erebus_Crafter.

Character:

9) Name
Nylas Cleon.

10) Age

11) Race
Forest Elf.

12) Appearance

The Test:

It was yet another day like all the others. I woke, dressed myself, ate, and headed off into the forest to hunt. It is not the most glamorous life, being a forest elf. But it is my life, and I would not trade it for another. I love the world and the creatures that live in it, and it is my life.

I kneeled down, and began to pray to Theodra. Goddess of the hunt and elves, she is the chosen goddess of our people and the most important to us. In our every action, we are guided by her.

I found a few quails and pheasants, nothing really special. All of the nuts, berries, roots, and seeds, though, will make this a worthwhile hunt. I had found will last us a while. Always avoid the almonds though. I don’t get how those silver elves can stomach the poison in those things, and how bitter they are!

*crack*

“What was that?”

I listened closely, and a few hundred feet away- a buck, and a large one! Carefully, sure not to disturb the deer, I raised my bow.

Breath in…

Pull back…

Breath out…

Aim…

And release.

*fwip*

The arrow flew true, and found it’s mark in the heart of the buck.

Quietly, I thank the buck for it’s sacrifice and skinned it there. Soon it was fully gutted and it’s meat ready to be cooked, it’s sinew, tendons, and skin ready to be sewn. It would feed the village for days, and make many clothes and tools.

I carried the processed carcass with me, and began to trudge back home.

Soon I arrived back. I delivered the venison, quail, and pheasant to the smokehouse for it to be preserved, and delivered the nuts, berries, seeds, and roots directly to the cooks.

I headed back to the forest to practice. The tribe relied on me and it’s other hunters to bring it most of it’s food, so I always needed to be sharp.

Breath in…

Pull back…

Breath out…

Aim…

Release…

Repeat ad nauseum, then leave to hunt and gather more. Return after sunset. My life is routine, calm, and fulfilling.

All I need to do was sustain the village and protect it, because the village came first. All that mattered was the village, because the village would give me all I need if it was given all it asked from me. Such was life. Such was death. All that mattered was to live life to the fullest and do what you want to do, to help the village thrive.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Hello there!

So a few things to go over on your application. Generally ask that folks include the questions on the application because it makes it easier for Staff to read and know what you're answering. If you can go through and edit the questions in, that'd be great. You can check out the Accepted Whitelists subforum to see some examples of how it should look.

If you can go back in and format the test to include the questions, I'll look over it again. Just reply here when you've made the edits.

Fireball48

Villager
Hello there!

So a few things to go over on your application. Generally ask that folks include the questions on the application because it makes it easier for Staff to read and know what you're answering. If you can go through and edit the questions in, that'd be great. You can check out the Accepted Whitelists subforum to see some examples of how it should look.

If you can go back in and format the test to include the questions, I'll look over it again. Just reply here when you've made the edits.
Alright, I've fixed it now.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Wonderful! Much easier to go through and tell which question is which. Alright! So it seems that your Question #5 is a bit short. The application requests five sentences, and it seems you only have three.

The other thing is that I notice in the test is that you write, "Repeat ad nauseum or until you have split the arrow thrice, then leave to hunt and gather more." I'm assuming you're implying he'd do it until he grew sick of it, instead of actually splitting the arrow three times? We ask that characters start with basic skills and understanding so that you can RP out improving and being taught those skills. Starting out being able to split in arrow is perhaps a bit much. You may not have meant he had that ability, but I wanted to bring it up just in case. :)

Just add a few more sentences to the "About Me" question and let me know that your fellow here isn't a master archer just yet.~

Fireball48

Villager
Wonderful! Much easier to go through and tell which question is which. Alright! So it seems that your Question #5 is a bit short. The application requests five sentences, and it seems you only have three.

The other thing is that I notice in the test is that you write, "Repeat ad nauseum or until you have split the arrow thrice, then leave to hunt and gather more." I'm assuming you're implying he'd do it until he grew sick of it, instead of actually splitting the arrow three times? We ask that characters start with basic skills and understanding so that you can RP out improving and being taught those skills. Starting out being able to split in arrow is perhaps a bit much. You may not have meant he had that ability, but I wanted to bring it up just in case. :)

Just add a few more sentences to the "About Me" question and let me know that your fellow here isn't a master archer just yet.~
There you go, I fixed it for you.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Many thanks for the changes. :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.