Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

OFFICIAL HELL CONTAINMENT THREAD

James Conder

I think I might like it here
Looking at proposed maps of the fortress city (TheArtist's in particular), how large will the poulation of the fortress city be?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
REQUIREMENTS FOR SOLDIER
if you wish to be a soldier stationed here defending the lives of your comrades then there are some standards you must meet.
Firstly you must be proven to be 100% sane. Anyone who is Smelling abstract shapes, tasting the color green or hearing a bad smell will be immediately removed from qualification.
Secondly, you must have completed boot camp with at least mark 4 in some skill.
Having the ability to fly will increase your chances.

REQUIREMENTS FOR MINER
To be a miner you must have:
2 arms
2 legs
a head
a pickaxe

REQUIREMENTS FOR BUILDER
To be a builder you must have:
APPROVAL of a king/mod/architect
have skill at building
have materials for your building

REQUIREMENTS FOR REDSTONE ARCHITECT
To be a redstone architect you must:
Have extensive knoweledge of redstone
not care that placing redstone will cost you, as we havnt got time to reimburse you
enough silver to place extensive amounts of redstone
Redstone and necesary materials with which to place

REQUIREMENTS FOR BATTELFIELD MEDIC/DAMAGE REPORT TECHNICIAN
Dont be a durp
IF you are a miner or a builder, then when the time comes for the assault, if you are unfit to be a soldier then you will be drafted to be one of these.
Battlefield medics must carry around lots of food to give to injured comrades.

Jobs are not limited to these, if you want a different one then post it, but beware, we may conscript you to mine if you arent doing anything.

James Conder

I think I might like it here
REQUIREMENTS FOR SOLDIER
if you wish to be a soldier stationed here defending the lives of your comrades then there are some standards you must meet.
Firstly you must be proven to be 100% sane. Anyone who is Smelling abstract shapes, tasting the color green or hearing a bad smell will be immediately removed from qualification.
So does this ruleout anyone with synaesthesia from being a soldier? In that case i'll definetely be a miner. Also do you need miner captains/leaders? These people could be in charge of a small group of 5-10 miners. The miners under the leaders command would give all collected resources to him and he in turn would give them to the builders. This would mean you would not have all the miners going back and fourth to give the builders resources.

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
This is what I had in mind concerning the first zone, or battle zone for the castle.

In the centre of the pit is Hell Castle, surrounded by lava here, for the benefit of contrast. Then comes the first wall, or great wall. Sheer and solid. The smooth stone slabs represent the Keeps for each of the sectors of the war zone. Perhaps the sectors could extend back into each zone, and either have a keep to command a zone in the sector or one keep to command each zone of its prescribed sector. I think all eight sectors should be independent of one another, as this will prevent the problem of the foe having an easy castle to conquer.

The walls here I did of cobble just for contrast, the second wall within the war zone should have a good vantage over the great wall, and the third wall or first wall of the second zone, should have a good vantage over that. This isn't meant to be a castle to keep things out, its meant to keep them in, so I think that if shaped like a bowl, then nothing is likely to spill out. Numerous fall back advantages such as these are important. So the next outer wall after the smooth stone wall you see will be taller again.

The green area you see is the prescribed staging zone, this is where companies will form up before patrol, or for sortie's out to meet the enemy. The red zone is no-man's land, where skirmishes may take place and where patrols take place. I still think that the great wall flush with the ground would be ideal, as this would mean it would offer no disadvantage to us were it taken, while at the same time presenting a massive obstacle to the enemy.

This design with concentric walls and orderly sectors, will allow for a clean cut defence strategy and hamper the enemy in every way it can.

Attachments

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Ok garrett, but in the area you call redzone i was thinking there should be garrisons with fortificcations and towers for fast and easy troop deployment. Also i hope itll be a little more circular. Ill post a ms paint version of what i sort of expected.
I think to make it look good and in the interest of safety, we should make the inner wall 1 block above the ground level. This means you would not be hampered for shoooting arrows, you could still jump on it if you really wanted to, people would not fall in on accident, and it will look a little better. Around this wall there will be several towers areound the perimeter that will have people watching the gates so we can know the minute the assault begins.

@roopot, sandstone is particularly inneffective as it is easy to destroy, it takes very few hits.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
then once the Knights of the Northern Wind (knights who can fly, air assault unit of sorts) have disposed of the threat we can safely extract the miner who was in danger.
Do you have to apply to be one of this group or is it anyone who can?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
ok im horrible with ms paint apparently. I cant even get a proper circle. So instead, fitz i need you to show me the site. i will then build segements of structures to show what were looking for and give details about what we need.
But i really do need to see the build site

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
Well, i have another idea.. I have read about legion and vangarrett discussing the size of the walls and i have an idea of sorts, why not build the arrow firing area under the walls? out of materials such as diamond or obsidian, this awy they have a clear view of the enemy and can form a front line of sorts whilst still being protected, just a thought. I will try to post a picture of what i mean later today

doodleuk

Loyal Servant of Altera
I am willing to join you. I returned to my town Warstrom today, and it has been obliterated. I will fight with you.

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
Okay, I have picture of my idea for the bases of the walls, they are compact and a normal wall can be built on them, they also offer very good views of anything in front of the area, and since i designed these to be under most areas of the wall, they are also quite quick to assemble ~5 mins work
2011-09-09_19.27.22.png2011-09-09_19.27.52.png2011-09-09_19.26.54.png2011-09-09_19.24.07.png

Attachments

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Well the first wall will be entirely obsid, also i have got a plan that i just need to get on and buiuld, and your example wouldnt work well for a circle, however your slots for arrow firing are good, we can have these at several layers in the wall.

Megan

Sorrows Warrior
You notice a gathering of people around someone standing atop a fallen tree stump by a decimated town. What could all the bustle be about?

"Good peoples of everwheres! All the cities is essploding! Big bad voodoo mans come to destroy them! They go all overs to blow up cities, but do not be fraids! West! In da west has big tree forest! In forest is home tree! Home tree has protect Megan all life and now Megan protect Home Tree! Evil skull king he come to essplode home tree! but Megan not let him! Tree protect byShalherana, and Megan send him gone and crying! Gods they promise future for those who can hold on! We need hold on! Come! Come home tree and show big bad voodoo manz that we not die! That this world belong to us! all us! While they can change world into cup of squishy bad food, we still be there! If you need place stay, Home Tree has plenty room! We not go down without fight! Home tree always be there to protect us and keep us safe!

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
Well my lands have been unaffected by th evil and corruption, Whitewood still stands strong amid the chaos, the magic of the forest warding off the evil and corruption. Supposedly stronger places have fallen, yet my castle remains strong. I think I shall simply reside here until the end off days, and decline your gracious offer, the beds here are much more comfortable, the books more interesting, and a higher concentration of cakes to be had.

(ooc) to any would be greifing kings I am currently in the process of moving back to university and so will be unable to get on much these next few days. It will be judged severely poor sport were I to return and find my castle in ruins, and probably bad for roleplay too considering it and the forest are protected by magicks more ancient and more potent than either queen grief or the dastardly kings of altera.