Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Oi! We need some kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
And who really wants to roleplay a baby, all they do is cry?

I had to make it 5 & 1/2 so it would be rp'able

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
And who really wants to roleplay a baby, all they do is cry?

I had to make it 5 & 1/2 so it would be rp'able
Yes, roleplaying a baby sucks, I agree

No, you didn't have to, and many wouldn't agree with that skipping.
Try to realize that skipping 5 years IS a big deal

Also, even if it was 5 years, it'll be unlikely you'll find anyone to take the roles. If you actually find, I'm quite sure that in a week or two, you're skipping yet again another five years just to make the character more "playable"

Yoda

Lord of Altera
The 669.625 hours are real life time, not IG time. Otherwise you'd only have to wait a shorter amount of time.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
How about just accept this and don't question it, otherwise you spam everybody posting here with alerts!

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
How about just accept this and don't question it, otherwise you spam everybody posting here with alerts!
Yeeeeah, gonna agree with Shrimpsy here. There's really nothing wrong with skipping some years to make the character easier to rp. I mean, BLarg did that when Basil had a kid. Just get over it and let these two find someone to rp as their twins instead of debating how much immersion is or is not lost with the age jump.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I didn't mean to be offensive, I just didn't think it was very nice that he said it was spamming, so sorry.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I'll Rp the Boy if that is Fine, I Would like to attempt a New Character, Especially one that is Younger, seeing as how most of My Char's are In their 20's or 30's and Married, so I'll Rp The Lad :p

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
Monday:
"Hey, how are you?"
"I'm fine, just enjoyin' my 24th year birthday cake 'ere."
"Oh well, that's nice."

Tuesday:
"Yet another cake, huh?"
"Yeah... It's my 29th birthday, afterall!"
"What.. The...!"

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Monday:
"Hey, how are you?"
"I'm fine, just enjoyin' my 24th year birthday cake 'ere."
"Oh well, that's nice."

Tuesday:
"Yet another cake, huh?"
"Yeah... It's my 29th birthday, afterall!"
"What.. The...!"
That's a ridiculous example. It's easier/simpler to RP at an age of 10+ than as a baby. I mean, it'll get pretty boring pretty fast if all the RP consisted of is a baby crying and making incoherent noises. PLUS, how's the skin gonna work out? Can't have inappropriate skins, now. What about carrying the baby? The damn thing isn't gonna walk itself, and is the mother/father gonna just type everywhere *carrying baby* in case players are nearby? No. That's stupid. Additionally, what player would want to take care of a baby in RP? I sure as hell wouldn't. And if the players RPing as the baby and significant other is offline? "Oh yeah, I left the baby with my husband." *husband is no where to be found*. It's just not practical - in RP standards - to RP as a baby.

So would you quit nit-picking over something like this?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Actually, with Arianna, Basil's wife went a touch insane after their break up; Basil didn't know he had a child. Ari was adopted by some hobbits, stuff happened, eventually she wound up in Basil's care. Ripped a blanket, and within contained a note that made it rather obvious Ari was Basil's kid. Some time later, Basil and his wife got back together, and she confirmed Ari as their kid. So, no year skipping.

Though, I do recommend you do some year skipping in this circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.