Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Poster] Seeking Information: Inquisition

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
The Inquisition does not need reviving.
Um, why shouldn't they exist? It gives the divine law some weight without having to constantly resort to summoning gods (which many people have complained about), gives the exalted a group to associate with, and could actually help stop the constant fights in neutral grounds (Which has very good OOC reasons for outlawing fights). What about this is a bad idea?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Um, why shouldn't they exist? It gives the divine law some weight without having to constantly resort to summoning gods (which many people have complained about), gives the exalted a group to associate with, and could actually help stop the constant fights in neutral grounds (Which has very good OOC reasons for outlawing fights). What about this is a bad idea?
I personally feel the Divine focus for the fantasy aspect of this server is bad. Maybe it's just me I hear during the unease event everyone was like "Nuuu Gods don't leave us!" While personally I was like "yes please leave, thank you."

I'd much rather have a Magi to fight or side with than a God. A lich comeback to terrorize all of Altera. Something more fantasy than divine.

I personally have zero drive to be a part of or worry about the "Inquistion". The divine and their associates to me bore me. This again is simply how I feel on the subject and I am aware that , as a great many things on this server, I am in the minority. Also I don't presume my reasons for why the Inquistion is a bad thing speaks for Mael.

I can elaborate more later if you wish I'm on my phone at the moment.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I can't speak for Brian- But folks- Your opinions on the matter can be taken in character if they /are/ in character. If you guys want to give feedback on our topics of roleplay- we can take it to a new thread of suggestions or a private conversation. This is a simple poster to pick more information out.

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
The Last Inquisition was the reason for numerous of peoples Permanent RP deaths, people who didn't deserve it. It was destroyed by Cromarcky and every single one of a certain group hypothesised that Altera would plunge into Heresy. It didn't. The Last inquisition bullied and abused their power to the point where people had took it into their own hands to destroy the corrupt place. People metagamed and had support of the staff which made their metagaming unnoticeable.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
The Last Inquisition was the reason for numerous of peoples Permanent RP deaths, people who didn't deserve it. It was destroyed by Cromarcky and every single one of a certain group hypothesised that Altera would plunge into Heresy. It didn't. The Last inquisition bullied and abused their power to the point where people had took it into their own hands to destroy the corrupt place. People metagamed and had support of the staff which made their metagaming unnoticeable.
I can't speak for Brian- But folks- Your opinions on the matter can be taken in character if they /are/ in character. If you guys want to give feedback on our topics of roleplay- we can take it to a new thread of suggestions or a private conversation. This is a simple poster to pick more information out.
There you go, friend.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
On a more serious note: Everything was done with permission. Obviously we'd kill yo char, but only with consent would we make it permanent (also if you're making a heretic/Darkblood character you consent in itself, and you're kind of an idiot if you think your character is safe doing whatever the hell they want without a consequence, just let's be clear here). Can't speak for all Inquisitors, but a few were decent fellows, who initially did abuse their power but that was ironed out in the process of learning.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Alright sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I will specify.
I would like all debate and discussion to happen ICly if you would as per what the poster was created for. If your character doesn't like the idea of an inquisition go ahead and tear it down I wont get mad because it is an IC reaction. Though I don't expect anyone to get mad when I replace said poster because Melosa would once she notices it is gone, which will not be immediately because Melosa doesn't spend all her free time stalking the message board to be sure no one removes her poster. If you really don't like the idea of an inquisition then please come talk to Melosa or those who are mentioned in the poster! That is also what were are looking for, any information about the inquisition, good or bad. I am not saying we are reviving the inquisition, because frankly, we are not. We are faithful to the Grey Lady but a few have mention how we feel we are doing the inquisition's job in trying to keep the divine law upheld. That is the main reason the poster was created to find out what exactly happened to the old inquisition. Regardless any more discussion should be made ICly, please. :)