Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Poster] Seeking Information: Inquisition

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
@MRPolo13 @Spear

We should do a thing again, a use our redstone burny chamber again thing.
You never saw the bigger one did you? That one was so much better.

Also you should track down Septimus (Me), it should be fairly common knowledge about the high church who the leaders of it were and Sept's the only one officially recorded as still being alive I reckon.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
You never saw the bigger one did you? That one was so much better.

Also you should track down Septimus (Me), it should be fairly common knowledge about the high church who the leaders of it were and Sept's the only one officially recorded as still being alive I reckon.
Common knowledge Albareth's still alive m8 ;p

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I had no knowledge of this thread holy moly wow some people don't like the Inquisition

-K9

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
There are so many characters in Altera who vilify the inquisition that any upstart inquisitions would face certain destruction unless given something that would make them overpowered, like special magic.

And few people are willing to rp with op chars who can throw fireballs or fire lasers.

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
There are so many characters in Altera who vilify the inquisition that any upstart inquisitions would face certain destruction unless given something that would make them overpowered, like special magic.

And few people are willing to rp with op chars who can throw fireballs or fire lasers.
Alright sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I will specify.
I would like all debate and discussion to happen ICly if you would as per what the poster was created for. If your character doesn't like the idea of an inquisition go ahead and tear it down I wont get mad because it is an IC reaction. Though I don't expect anyone to get mad when I replace said poster because Melosa would once she notices it is gone, which will not be immediately because Melosa doesn't spend all her free time stalking the message board to be sure no one removes her poster. If you really don't like the idea of an inquisition then please come talk to Melosa or those who are mentioned in the poster! That is also what were are looking for, any information about the inquisition, good or bad. I am not saying we are reviving the inquisition, because frankly, we are not. We are faithful to the Grey Lady but a few have mention how we feel we are doing the inquisition's job in trying to keep the divine law upheld. That is the main reason the poster was created to find out what exactly happened to the old inquisition. Regardless any more discussion should be made ICly, please. :)

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
You misunderstand. I don't hate the inquisition I just can't fathom any way it can survive in a world that hates it so much.

"Oh my. An inquisition. Hopefully they can manage."

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Also clearly no one ever actually understood the purpose of the inquisition besides those in the upper ranks of the high church hence all the hate as people misinterpretted it and or didn't under stand but tis all history now

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Also clearly no one ever actually understood the purpose of the inquisition besides those in the upper ranks of the high church hence all the hate as people misinterpretted it and or didn't under stand but tis all history now
Can't speak for others, but Cromarcky's "hate" for the Inquisition had nothing to do with understanding the group's purpose.

The Inquisition would trespass and kidnap Cromarcky citizens without Cromarcky's consent. They were given multiple chances to act in accordance to the local laws, and unfortunately for them they refused to do so. This eventually led to their destruction.

(The fact that they were mandated to do so, or that they were right in finding tainted souls didn't matter. To the Mogul, they were challenging his power, plain and simple. The first and last group to do so, at least openly. For good reason, I like to believe.)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Also, the Church of Might/Cromarcky's toppling of the Inquisition had nothing to do with pure hate on the Church's side... it was purely political, at the time. You'd tell yourself lies if you believed that religious organisations don't seek their betterment too! xD

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
^ Still missed the point. Wasn't about betterment in the slightest. Gonna stop here people can track me down in RP if they actually ever care to learn the truth behind things ;P

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
^ Still missed the point. Wasn't about betterment in the slightest. Gonna stop here people can track me down in RP if they actually ever care to learn the truth behind things ;P
I meant that the Church of Might was seeking it's political betterment, not the inquisition. é.é

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
High church represent

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I would much more prefer responses to be made IG- Not sure on the rules on forum RP but I think they don't really count "canonly" without RP backing on the server.

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
o.o

Does this imply you're around? Whooo!

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
o.o

Does this imply you're around? Whooo!
It's summer, I'm back n sort of restarting my character in a sense, have moved the manor out of renatus so Polo can build there and am retiring as mayor and looking to move else where, which when I catch Ath online will be Thiil to help with the library being the walking talking history book i am :p

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
It's summer, I'm back n sort of restarting my character in a sense, have moved the manor out of renatus so Polo can build there and am retiring as mayor and looking to move else where, which when I catch Ath online will be Thiil to help with the library being the walking talking history book i am :p
That sounds like a brilliant idea!

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
That sounds like a brilliant idea!
Yes. All the yes.