Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Proposal] War Guidelines

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
if you don't want to fight then make your region peaceful
You can dislike war, but want to allow things such as fights between characters, thievery, aggression. As someone who ran Thiil in its peaceful days, peaceful regions are more of a headache and disallow a lot of fun RP. Just that some folks don't like full scale war where they may potentially lose control over their region and try to avoid such. But like I said, Rygan addressed my qualm because I hadn't noticed his original wording in the first post.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Also under peaceful guidelines you can't have walls or even decent fences. For a region that is by the sea a sea wall is necessary for it to not wash away everytime it rains IC.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Also under peaceful guidelines you can't have walls or even decent fences. For a region that is by the sea a sea wall is necessary for it to not wash away everytime it rains IC.
im pretty sure that's not a restriction on every wall ever, just obvious castle fortifications

Teeke

Lord of Altera
II. Consent - When a faction consents to war, who within it does?
I. Revival
Active fighters may not revive until the war has concluded (or at the end of a single month in which there are no battles or sieges), at which point any in the queue will revive all at once.
Citizens are not valid targets and do not consent unless they remain in the area of a known battle or siege, and do not have to be listed as active fighters.
This means that a large group(or multiple groups) of people will be revived at one time? How does this account for the limited abilities of the current Sisterhood of Shalherana?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
This means that a large group(or multiple groups) of people will be revived at one time? How does this account for the limited abilities of the current Sisterhood of Shalherana?
All preparations are finished, but Sisterhood doesn't want to revive people in the middle of a war because they'll just die again, so they just leave out one crucial but easy step of the procedure until it's over?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
All preparations are finished, but Sisterhood doesn't want to revive people in the middle of a war because they'll just die again, so they just leave out one crucial but easy step of the procedure until it's over?
could also see if, rather than keeping people suspended just out of rebirth and risking their soul moving on, the sisters could just force them to stay at the temple till the fighting's done.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
could also see if, rather than keeping people suspended just out of rebirth and risking their soul moving on, the sisters could just force them to stay at the temple till the fighting's done.
I believe Sisterhood holding/detaining people is a thing that has occurred before.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
What I am wondering with the 'no revival until war ends' rule is whether the time from the character's death will still be taken into account for the entire duration of the war. If it is, then long wars could become advertent or inadvertent ways to permanently kill off large swathes of characters. Let's say Faction A and Faction B have a grueling several month long war in which both sides have lost considerable portions of their characters, will the time since the death still be since the character died or will it be when the war ends?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
What I am wondering with the 'no revival until war ends' rule is whether the time from the character's death will still be taken into account for the entire duration of the war. If it is, then long wars could become advertent or inadvertent ways to permanently kill off large swathes of characters. Let's say Faction A and Faction B have a grueling several month long war in which both sides have lost considerable portions of their characters, will the time since the death still be since the character died or will it be when the war ends?
that's why I was thinking it would be more of a thing for the sisterhood to keep the fighters back in the temple, behind mystical "NO FIGHTING" wards

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Probably as it went with the Coalition v. Anhald 'war', fighters just can't fight. If it draws out long enough that it becomes unfair to keep people's characters dead, then they'd likely be put under a strong rule of not being able to participate in the conflict. Unfortunate if that character has friends/loved ones that are still alive and in danger, but war is unfortunate itself.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I don't think we have the players for a long, long multi-month war unless both sides are choosing to try to game the system by only having one small half-hearted battle per month or something similar, but that makes no sense to me as it screws them both equally. If you're winning and continually refuse to plan battle events then I'm sure staff would handle that like they do everything else. Being a smug asshole and going 'I FOUND A LOOPHOLE' never saves you from staff action.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
jsut a suggestion but you might want to add assaulting rulers or nobility as well as killing.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Yeah this works.

Why would we need war rules when everyone gets on swimmingly though? :)

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
Yeah this works.

Why would we need war rules when everyone gets on swimmingly though? :)
In your camp maybe. In camp Azerwind there were three murders plotted in the space of an hour or so.
( I feel I am doing something wrong here )