Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [Public][Violent] No Gods, No Masters

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
The fact that waiting for a month or more at a time is an accepted norm is the problem to begin with.

Over 100 days since the last real event.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey guys,
I appreciate the players pipping in our behalf, don't worry too much as it may derail the thread.. refreshed and it did. This always ends up being a chance for people to take shots at each other which isn't healthy.

Hey Naelwyn,
Will keep it simple since you've made a descion already. Been trying to respond to a lot of convos, lately. If waiting was too long, it's understandable. Sorry the event thread couldn't be given the attention it needed.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Hey guys,
I appreciate the players pipping in our behalf, don't worry too much as it may derail the thread.. refreshed and it did. This always ends up being a chance for people to take shots at each other which isn't healthy.

Hey Naelwyn,
Will keep it simple since you've made a descion already. Been trying to respond to a lot of convos, lately. If waiting was too long, it's understandable. Sorry the event thread couldn't be given the attention it needed.
*Salute*

It's not complicated folks, and nobody's holding grudges on my end. Thanks Solus, all is fine. I just had to efficiently communicate to both staff and the folks in different PMs with me that I was changing plans.

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
It's really bizarre to me that Naelwyn is being attacked for being completely transparent about how this system has failed him.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
To be clear; I do think the wait times for things like projects and lore approval are problematic. To that end, staff responds rather quickly for more mundane things, which kind of-sort of take more precedence, more often than not.

Perhaps a happy medium can be reached with a public list of lore/project/event questions/proposals that will be ordered chronologically- the questions could be answered chronologically or by way of urgency. A reason for why it is listed this way would be placed next to the project.
This would not include reports/other mundane PM-related tasks.

If the thing involved is secret, it could simply be listed as @player’s Project/Whatever.

If it is in the process of being worked on actively, issue-list numbers cannot be negotiated.

Perhaps an estimated time when the Project/Whatever would be addressed, as well?

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
It's really bizarre to me that Naelwyn is being attacked for being completely transparent about how this system has failed him.
The only one who i think was a bit too harsh was Blorbis83

Samiwashere was not attacking Naelwyn , at all. Sure the truth might possibly hurt but she was not outright angry, rude, or even any ounce of passive aggressive.

Edit: will delete if naelwyn would ask me to do so, since it's not on-topic of the thread itself.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram

Samiwashere was not attacking Naelwyn , at all. Sure the truth might possibly hurt but she was not outright angry, rude, or even any ounce of passive aggressive.

Edit: will delete if naelwyn would ask me to do so, since it's not on-topic of the thread itself.
S'cool man. When have I ever asked people to delete their stuff or threads to be locked? (I think the only exception has been when I needed to make reserved posts.)

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil

Naelwyn's in-game activity should not matter when his only intention was to get back into the server by running a public campaign for everyone who wanted to be involved. There is a problem on this server with inactive coordinators and the smallest of things being done and pointed to as evidence of activity. No one should have to wait over a month to get a response from Lannis. Event team members shouldn't be struggling to save face and work around his inactivity, and Solus shouldn't have to be managing lore while she's already managing keeping the server running and every department.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I'll freely admit that I believe staff response time to be a problem, and I'll admit that I personally (Not gonna be the guy trying to state whether or not something is the factually correct thing to do) don't approve of posting one's criticisms of staff openly without attempting to bring it to their attention privately first (But that's also me assuming since I kiiiiinda dont have the ability to see Naelwyn's private convos, for why this is I'll just 'never' understand!) However I don't think Nael did anything seriously wrong (personal opinions aside) though I also believe that we should try to keep this thread on topic with the event, unless Nael wishes to have a further discussion about this particular topic in general, though I would personally recommend taking that to another thread, one which could possibly provide better opinions and statements that don't have to focus on staying on track with a different topic... but that's just me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
What’s bizarre to me is that people say “Naelwyn, sometimes you say things in a condescending manner and that sorta devalues your point/you never RP so maybe RPing can create some urgency” and then people translate it as “Yo dawg you suck and your point sucks and you suck/get off of the server (even though you technically don’t be play so the point isn’t valid but people still think so)”

EDIT: I know about waiting for staff to respond, I have a conversation with Arch going that’s dragging and it’s limiting my RP tbh, but I understand he’s busy. Just gotta be patient and try to busy yourself with other things- maybe RP more with the people here to get a feel for what exactly the current players want, and then you can edit you’re campaign to be even better

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
What’s bizarre to me is that people say “Naelwyn, sometimes you say things in a condescending manner and that sorta devalues your point/you never RP so maybe RPing can create some urgency” and then people translate it as “Yo dawg you suck and your point sucks and you suck/get off of the server (even though you technically don’t be play so the point isn’t valid but people still think so)”

EDIT: I know about waiting for staff to respond, I have a conversation with Arch going that’s dragging and it’s limiting my RP tbh, but I understand he’s busy. Just gotta be patient and try to busy yourself with other things- maybe RP more with the people here to get a feel for what exactly the current players want, and then you can edit you’re campaign to be even better
Why are you making excuses for it? Staff could hire four new people to handle lore and events in a punctual manner and the problem is solved. So, why make excuses to allow them to continue failing to run the system appropriately by simply saying "be patient?"

And why are Solus and Tiberione the only staff with a public presence as administrators? Tiberione is about a month old and has done more to benefit the server than most staff have publicly.

You'll notice that even though he's working on things like plug-ins behind the scenes, he's doing so transparently and posting public updates all the time. Actively replying to support requests. He's behaving more like a staff member than anyone else does.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Oh tiberione has more admin experience than half the staff team combined. Dude's been doing it in various roles for a good 5 years on and off

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Why are you making excuses for it? Staff could hire four new people to handle lore and events in a punctual manner and the problem is solved. So, why make excuses to allow them to continue failing to run the system appropriately by simply saying "be patient?"

And why are Solus and Tiberione the only staff with a public presence as administrators? Tiberione is about a month old and has done more to benefit the server than most staff have publicly.

You'll notice that even though he's working on things like plug-ins behind the scenes, he's doing so transparently and posting public updates all the time. Actively replying to support requests. He's behaving more like a staff member than anyone else does.
Yeah, Tibbytibs is for sure a pretty friendly and productive staff member. Not saying that staff are not in the wrong, I was just saying that complaints won’t resolve it and we just have to wait.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The main reason everybody should be disappointed in this is because it destroyed my chances to tell Glados
"You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master."

And that should disappoint everybody.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
The main reason everybody should be disappointed in this is because it destroyed my chances to tell Glados
"You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master."

And that should disappoint everybody.
This does disappoint me.