Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

PVP ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

Loyal Servant of Altera
Alright then.. I Suppose I'll say goodbye here to all my friends.. can my items and rads be given to royo?
also.. Does the ban stand on TS too? I just want to keep in touch with my friends

sonkiro

Skull King
Corey you were given 4 chances already ... you are no longer welcomed on this server or this community.

the decision stands !

S

Stevey

I am confused by this situation. Let me get this straight:

darthcorey walks up to a tuwit and engages his RP and threatens Tuwit that he has to give him money or he will kill him. Tuwit laughs and walks away (doesn't say that he doesnt want to play along afaik) and darthcorey punches him (once?). After that corey gets jumped by two people who start fighting him and corey fights back, (I can't tell if more people were killed or not though) and then they all get banned for PvPing. It was first a tempban but for corey it turned into a perm ban.

First off, nowhere in our rules do we have a section that forbids PvP in Northern Kingdoms. The unofficial rule has always been that if you want to PvP, the other party has to consent before PvPing. As far as I can tell this was and is darthcoreys intention all the time. I've watched him and Royo_Royal when they go about their business and I've never spotted the intention to rightout kill people from them, they do it in a proper in-character way. If we don't want them to do that kind of stuff we should set up rules against it, but we currently don't have any.

Am I missing something here in this situation? Did you guys ban him for a nonexistant rule?

Second: Thea stop posting on ban appeals from now on.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
we've always had a rule that pvp must be agreed upon in altera, just not in sorrow lands. And sonkiro was following him for a good half hour watching what he was doing and said there was a lot of rules being broken.

S

Stevey

we've always had a rule that pvp must be agreed upon in altera, just not in sorrow lands. And sonkiro was following him for a good half hour watching what he was doing and said there was a lot of rules being broken.
Then what rules are they because they're not posted here.

S

Stevey

I'm unbanning darthcorey, I cannot stand by his ban.

As far as I've been able to gather there are three reasons for his permanent ban:

1: PvPing in the Northern Kingdoms.

PvP in the Northern Kingdoms is and always has been allowed as long as both parties consent to the PvP. Consenting to PvP are things like fighting back or responding in RP to someones threat. If someone does not want to play along he or she can just verbally make it clear they don't want to. In the case of Tuwit he had not said no yet, although walking away is a small sign of not wanting to PvP. However corey didn't attack him full on, he only punched him once. After which he was jumped by two players which he rightfully killed.

I've spoken to, played with and watched darthcorey and Royo_Royal play as bandits on the server. They always do it in proper in-character style. They ask for only a small sum when it's in the sorrowlands and have never shown the intention to murder, harass or otherwise ruin peoples gameplay in the Northern Kingdoms. We want bandits on our server, and even if we don't want them - we should put up rules against it. We don't have rules against it atm.

2: 5th strike.

This would only count after the actual ban so this reason isn't really valid.

3: Various unmentioned reasons discovered while following darthcorey

There are allegedly some unmentioned reasons about things that were said on teamspeak. I doubt that anything said on teamspeak would that bad to warrant a ban, plus we should judge mostly by someones actions. I can however be mistaken on this.

I think it boils down to a misunderstanding about the rules regarding PvP in the Northern Kingdoms. I've never overturned someones ban before but I stand by impartial and fair treatment above all else. It's a fairly simple system. We set up rules, people follow them. If they break them, we ban them. If they don't break them we don't ban them. If they get banned by mistake, we unban them. If they get banned for something we don't have a rule for, we unban them. If we don't have a rule for something that we want to ban people for, we make a rule first.

Status
Not open for further replies.