Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[RabidPraryDogs]'s Application [Approved- Cukie]

RabidPraryDogs

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
RabidPraryDogs

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The US

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of ooc knowledge to influence ic interactions
Powergaming is forcing other people into ic scenarios or choices.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself!
I've actually been whitelisted here twice before, both times pretty long ago. I even donated $15 at one point. I finished my last day of high school two days ago. I am fairly skilled with photoshop. I spend a lot of time writing, particularly screenplays. I play bass and normal guitar. I have been dm'ing for my dnd group for two years, and am a huge fan of shooter and rpg video games. Anime makes me happy.

8. Do you have any examples of your work?
As of right now I do not have access to my photoshop work. My writing is usually done on paper.

9. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I have been to this server on multiple occasions. I was here for some time before the first exodus, and then again for less time after Leminth took the crown. I now have much more time at my disposal and can actually make a long-term commitment to the server. I can't remember how I first found this server.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Avryelle Levillaine

Character Age:

Character Race:
Elven

Appearance:
Long brown hair, brown eyes, and pale skin with a brown leather and green cloth outfit.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
A heavy mist had settled in the evening air. Any noise that was made by the denizens of the forest was muffled by the dense fog. Avryelle silently trekked through the heavily wooded timberland. Heavy fog like this was dangerous. Before any two creatures know it, they could be within mere feet of each other. Sound did not carry in this sort of mist. Scent even less so. She had to hope that she would be lucky enough not to stumble upon a large predator.

She was entirely defenseless, but while this weather was dangerous, it was unavoidable in this area. Early morning and late afternoon, the place was always consumed with this smothering fog. This area also just happened to be the only place for miles and miles that Avryelle could find sunburst. A beautiful flower aptly named for its bright orange color.

Avryelle had heard from locals where to locate the sunburst. Apparently there was a grove located in a large clearing, and a small patch of Sunburst rest at its very center. She moved on, hoping she was still on track. It had been some time since she'd found one of the landmarks she was told to use as a way to track her progress. She took a moment to consider what the next landmark was supposed to be while she continued her steady pace further into the forest. She was stumped. Oh no. If she forgot what the next landmark was, she'd be stuck here until morning. Just as a deep panic was setting in, Avryelle had a moment of clarity so intense that she was compelled to speak aloud to herself.

“Ah, the fallen tree!” But just as she spoke, her foot connected with none other than the fallen tree in question. She tumbled to the ground, falling flat on her face. She now lay in the dirt, looking forward, directly into a beautiful blossoming sunburst. Avryelle smiles, plucking the flower from it's stem.

How odd that a plant resembling the light of the sun be so isolated from it for the majority of the day. She held the flower in her palm, wondering at it's beauty. Before this very moment, she had only heard rumors. She almost thought them myths for the longest time. But no. This was very very real. All that she loved of nature was in her hand. Elegance, and beauty, and innocence. She tucked the flower into her satchel gingerly and returned down her path, this time stepping over the log and not into it. A successful end to her trip.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there, everything looks to be in order, but I'd like you to revise the powergaming definition.
Thank you~

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'd say you have a better grasp on it. It's more of forcing actions onto characters, for example 'Steve walks up to Roger and draws his sword, slicing the man in two, killing him instantly.' It doesn't give Roger time to react nor would it allow anyone in the vicinity to react, and forces death onto the character. Regardless-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.