Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Raids?

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
As long as everything is settled OOCly before it takes place, making it more of an 'event' than an out of blue raid, I wouldn't see why not. Of course the town owner must be notified and informed of when it is taking place etc. and the characters involved must have OOC permission for being captured - kind of like the slave trade that was about. That's my opinion on the matter, anyhow.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Unless it's a violent town you have to get consent with folks and even if it is violent I would check with the town owner to make sure they're cool with it OOC, that part isn't so much a rule as general courtesy because a violent region is technically anything goes.

Moderate towns definitely get consent from everyone involved. Definitely making it event makes it easier even in violent towns but in a moderate region it would be about the only way to manage it.

Obviously you can't target peaceful towns.

Also if you do this you consent to all the consequences IC. Because a major town raid would likely generate a response of some kind and most likely the deadly kind I f they can find you.

That said sounds interesting.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Just curious because I haven't heard of any of that sort of thing happening often. Do you know of any groups who would raid?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Closest I know is the Slavers. Though they work more in the shadows and less raids.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Unlikely. The only way to really make this happen smoothly is if folks make temps they have no real attachment to as they will be found and they will be killed. If you revive them they may be killed repeatedly.

Evil groups tend to have short life spans unless they take great pains to remain secret.

EDIT: that said if you wanna make a raiding group and are fine with being hunted hard core please go ahead. Find town owners and players wanting to be a part of that maybe make an event. Lots of folks will likely enjoy it.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Another huge problem is timezones
You want it to be fair for both sides, but is not always that all from both sides can be on. :(

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Short answer: Yes

But it takes a while to get consent and it's always polite to do it when all the members of a town are online (or the majority) Towns such as Azerport and Breakwater has a 15+ count of Knights part of their House and it would be unrealistic and unfair to come in while only 1-2 people are on and do a raid and bail when realistically it would be detected

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Is it also possible for two towns to go to war?
This is where it gets iffy. It can be done, but it takes a lot of coordination, staff involvement, and a set of "war rules." However, I do not think the war rules are finalized yet. So short answer? No for now. I think..

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Is it also possible for two towns to go to war?
Yes. There was a civil war that happened when I first started. You just need to get OOC consent from folks before you do it. Set up ground rules and make sure both sides are fine with losing or decide the winner before it starts.

The biggest issue is folks not wanting to lose their towns IC or losing. It's hard to work around.

Starting a full fleged war would be very very hard to work out simply to OOC concerns. That said if you find folks who want to do it, that would make some great RP.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Yes. There was a civil war that happened when I first started. You just need to get OOC consent from folks before you do it. Set up ground rules and make sure both sides are fine with losing or decide the winner before it starts.

The biggest issue is folks not wanting to lose their towns IC or losing. It's hard to work around.

Starting a full fleged war would be very very hard to work out simply to OOC concerns. That said if you find folks who want to do it, that would make some great RP.
But Waaaaar Rules.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
But Waaaaar Rules.
I believe someone stated we've been waiting for war rules for ....quite a while. I would not hold my breath on this front.

As for the stuff so long as both parties are fine with it war rules aren't really needed. The problem is figuring something both parties are fine with, adhere to and have the same understanding of.

Short it's as Sobreka said earlier yes it is possible. However making it happen is another thing altogether.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
I believe someone stated we've been waiting for war rules for ....quite a while. I would not hold my breath on this front.

As for the stuff so long as both parties are fine with it war rules aren't really needed. The problem is figuring something both parties are fine with, adhere to and have the same understanding of.

Short it's as Sobreka said earlier yes it is possible. However making it happen is another thing altogether.
Ok! Just curious! It just might be kind of fun to rp two hated enemies!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Sorry if I necro this thread, but I was wondering something that probably has a good place in this here thread:
To the staff: Are you working on War-Rules or have you finished them yet? It'd be nice if two towns can take a look at a thread with the rules and go on ooc discussing their rp from that point onwards :)

Spark

Broken
Sorry if I necro this thread, but I was wondering something that probably has a good place in this here thread:
To the staff: Are you working on War-Rules or have you finished them yet? It'd be nice if two towns can take a look at a thread with the rules and go on ooc discussing their rp from that point onwards :)
lmao