Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Regarding how people treat each other in RP

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
So everyone knows who GLaDOS101 is. The infamous 'powergamer', the guy who came in the first day saying he was a master swordsmen, he could beat anyone, yadda yadda. Everyone -hated- this, of course. Even I did, I found it appalling. But what I find even -more- appalling is how everyone treats him.

I don't care how much someone 'powergames', noob or not, but constantly killing and maiming there character is NOT the course of action. I've watched, and participated in, completely -ruining- a new player's experience on this server. All because no one had the brain to go talk to him and try to explain what he was doing wrong.

I'm not saying he is not at fault either. New players need to understand they can't come onto a roleplay server and expect to instantly be the very best, that's just not how it works. You have to -earn- that title, not just say you have it. It will only ruin another players experience.

I stayed out of this mess until now. At first, I understood why he was being treated so harshly in RP, and I was fine with that. But now, suddenly, people are trying to tell me that he is only being treated this way because he 'powergames' and is a 'noob'. To quote man(Barroes) "We can because he powergames!!" (A reply to me saying it isn't fair) or from James Beckett "Life isn't fair." Guess what? This isn't life! Sure, not everything should be fair, but there is no reason to go completely overboard with such an assault on a person. Everyone gets a -chance-.

Also, while people may think this is only affecting -his- character, they are wrong. My alt (his wife) is left with two kids to raise alone. (Fishcat and Quxxn). At first I saw this as a golden opportunity for some really zesty, and well crafted RP. Then of course, I have people telling me OOCly they are going to kill me for harboring him. I tell them I know this, but they continue to threaten me with punishments.

Overall, I am appalled. Absolutely disgusted with this community at present. Everyone, both sides, have absolutely done -nothing- to make this community any better. While I understand some of these problems I mentioned we clearly resolvable, obviously not allowed, or insignificant, the fact people keep droning on and on about it, and continue to hold grudges, is just plain immature. Yes, he powergames, yes you went overboard, yes, roleplay opportunities were shattered. But this? This is just ridiculous, and abusive. I am dissapointed.

I want -everyone- to see this, and understand that there are better ways to deal with rulebreaking/powergaming (Like telling some OOCly to cut it out, or even help the offender fix the problem.) Instead of just squashing their RP experience.

@SallyRose
@Michcat
@Man5791
@Archaeus Fronte
@james_power
@Sophe
@Azur_Deathblade
@fhamersley

~Peculiar Player

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I agree completely, Glados himself is an absolutely stellar dude who I actually like a lot.

The poor character has run into lots of misfortune, but OOCly I won't tolerate anyone treating him badly because of the character.

EDIT: @Man5791 You can do what you'd like IC, but you do not have the right to kill anyones character. Be respectful and things will go smoothly.

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am completely fine with him OOC, hes a cool dude with a good sense of RP. My character on the other hand dislikes him due to the conflicts and rivalry between the two of them. Now that he is fair game, I have all right to go kill him.
Yes, you told me that. Then continued on saying that it's all because he 'powergames' in the beginning. And then proceed to tell me, something I already know, multiple times that I am going to die if I harbor him, though I made it clear to you, I knew this, and had no intention to.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I have been hearing a few complaints, but you're right, there's never any reason to treat someone badly in ooc for their RP actions. Going after someone's character just because you don't like them is wrong on every level. If I don't like how someone RP's I avoid them, or better yet we could just tell people directly that "Hey, that seems a little OP, how can your char do that?" "Umm, that felt pretty unfair.. My character has x skills and-" "That doesn't follow the lore."

There's nothing wrong with telling someone when they're doing something wrong(saying it nicely though), they might not know. Fitting into Altera is a hard freakin thing to do xD. Everyone has troubles, that doesn't mean we should witch hunt the people that don't do it juuuust right. I have seen this happening in different aspects as well, especially with new towns being targeted by old ones. It's not fair to either side for fights to be picked for OOC reason. One will be forced to give up or leave and it's tragic, it doesn't have to happen.

If you don't like how someone RP's and don't have the effort/kindness to help them better their RP/character, then leave them alone. Picking fights is horrible and will eventually make someone leave, this is my server and I want it to be somewhere where people can grow into it :I not expected to be perfect.

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
Thank you Sally, for seeing what I am trying to point out. I even purposely make my characters non-combatant for the full intention of avoiding these situations.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Thank you Sally, for seeing what I am trying to point out. I even purposely make my characters non-combatant for the full intention of avoiding these situations.
Same! That's why I made Fhris :D He's a stupid little orphan that'll be a doctor, no fighting allowed- well if he does he'll lose terribly, but still.

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
Not just in the beginning, but also today. But that's besides the fact, because I let that go as a learning experience. Also, I was not aware you knew in RP, maybe if you didn't just leave the server and leave us with nothing, then perhaps we could understand more fully.
I told you repeatedly in chat, and regret not taking any screenshots, that I knew about this OOCly and ICly. And again, you ignored it, along with James, and kept flooding my chat with 'why we are doing this'

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Well I wasn't watching these RP's so I wasn't pointing any fingers, I hope no one took that I was attacking them :(.

But if anything, having enemies is fun, but constant battles with enemies can get quite frustrating and depressing . However, since you pointed out him taunting, I'll keep an eye out for that to try prevent it (though I bet this happens when I sleep)

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
I want to point out, I am not pointing at you man, specifically, but I did finally realize this has become way too much of a problem after today. Both side were immature. Both sides could've handled it better. I've spoken with Fronte, and bluntly told him he needs to cut the powergaming. He's admitted he did go overboard, but he is not the only one at fault. The poor handling of said situation was done poorly. And even if you like him OOCly, I still see him get picked on plenty of times. And Man, I am sorry for directing so much at you, I should've stated more clearly that there were more people involved, though I didn't. I still stand by what I have said previously, however.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Okay, okay, now that I've seen this thread, I have quite a long wall of text to write.

Will be posting shortly.

Apology mostly, because I've, well, to put it bluntly, been quite a dick, and I realize that. But I'm getting tired of all of the going behind my back to chat about me, character or not.

@Man5791 will be mentioned.
@Michcat and
@madyson0915 will be mentioned.
@Peculiar Player will be mentioned, definitely.
@Deash12 will be certainly mentioned.
@Estes241 will be a small part of it.
@Faelin will be mentioned, and I think she should read through.
@Sophe will be tagged because I feel like it >;3
@QuXXn_ should be, because she's my daughter ICly.
@fhamersley needs to be up in here too.
@SallyRose will want to read through it.
@cherbert I really don't want to waste your time, but I feel like you should read through when you get the opportunity.
@Azur_Deathblade because of my beginnings on the server
@Arken because of again, my beginnings

aaaand finally

@MaelstromPuddle because I want to.

Stay tuned, folks, wall of text to come soon.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
.. Feel a bit obligated to respond, since my char was one of the ones being arses to Arch,

Glados is a fairly great guy OOCly, but IC Arch's done some fairly... odd things that's been perceived, at least by my char, to be a bit less than desirable.... Mreh, don't really have much to say beyond that. Glados is awesome, all of my.. IC actions have been directed at the character, not towards Glados in any way.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Alrighty, here goes. The introduction will be in bold because I would like to stress it the most.

I've been here a short month and a half now. I migrated here after a long-running server that I enjoyed had to close, Kingdom of Aeonis. Search around if you don't believe it existed. When I first came here, I wanted nothing more than to continue my valiant skilled knight bravado's story here. Archaeus is my oldest running character, a very close second being my Half-Life 2 RP character Dr. Zachary Dunn. But that's beside the point. In the beginnings on this server, I can very openly see and very openly regret the amount of powergaming and OPifying I did to Archaeus, knowing I shouldn't have, because it was the beginning of a new start on a new server. I'm, and I need to stress this,
ashamed. It was a foolish and, yes, 'noobish' mistake. Entirely. Within what was it, two? Three days? I faced Audric in a duel, and, using the full of Arch's previous abilities, It was an even fight. I'm honestly sorry that you three had to trudge through that disgusting, shameful mess that was that RP. (@Azur_Deathblade, @Deash12, @Sophe)

Yet, today, even after that, Azur, Deash, and Sophe have become some of the people on the server that seem to enjoy chatting with me OOCly, RPing with me ICly, and the like. Deash is honestly one of the best friends I've ever had over the 'net, alongside Peculiar and a few others that aren't here on the server. Audric was the one thing that truly started to flesh Arch out and tone down his OPness - a nemesis, of sorts. And today, Audric and Archaeus are - incredibly surprisingly - decent friends, of a sort. Lizzy turned out to be Archaeus's long lost daughter Elizabeth, and that gave more RP that would continue to give Arch a reason to keep living. For that I thank you, Azur and Sophe, for the amazing roleplay that you have given me over the short time I've been here.

Next up is @Arken.

Gelyk, Gelyk, Gelyk. Ooooh boy, where do I start. We were enemies from the start, weren't we? That night I first met him in the Mead, then shortly after killing my horse, was - at the time - kind of sucky. But, looking back on it, I see that it put in the basis for a great IC relationship - we'r friends one day, enemies the next, best friends the day after that, then at eachother's throats two days later. It's amazing, how that flows ICly. I really do want to thank you for everything that you've done with me, be it killing me (which you've done wat now, two times? xD), scaring me, helping me, or just talking with me by the campfire. Thank you so much for everything that we've been able to RP, truly. Never once did I hold any hint of OOC dislike towards you. I admire the way you play your character, I'm turly honored to be what part of his life I am.

And now on to @Michcat and @madyson0915.

I'm not going to delve too deep in to Michcat and I's business, because most of it has already been taken care of through chat using this website's wonderful PM system. And I've already given her some walls of text. So I'll cut right in to this: You were the first person to treat me like a mature roleplayer on the server. The first person to actually be nice to me. So I clung to that, I tried to make a friend. And, after quite a bit of shaky ground, I truly hope that we're friends. OOCly, at least, friends in a way.

Now, Madyson - This is going to be a long'n. Buckle in.

From the start, I was absolutely in love with your character. Up until Ulfberht came along, it was incredible how you portrayed her. Especially that one day, waaay back in my first few days on the server - remember dressing Arch up in a frilly pink dress and parading me around Old Port Silver? That was amazing fun. Really. Piper is the perfect character. I feel like, though, still, you have no reason to dislike me OOCly. The night we had a bit of a 'falling out' per se, I don't see how it was my fault. Every one of my actions was IC that night, truly. I enjoyed the RP a lot up until the end. And I'm still sorry for whatever it is I did in particular, especially for my ignorance as to what that thing I did was. But I think it's been long enough now to let bygones be bygones, no? There's no reason to still dislike me OOCly for my actions ICly. I have never once had a single thing against you, ICly or OOCly, no matter how it seemed. I've tried to apologize in the past, but you have never forgiven me. So, if it's your choice to continue to hate me without a good enough reason to do so, it's your choice and I won't try and change your mind. I'll say once more that I've said I'm sorry - I sent you a wall of text apologizing that night. But I'm past the point of trying to salvage what I wanted to be a decent, at least, acquaintance-ness between us. So yes, even to you, thank you for all of the wonderful RP you've given me. You've given me several very fun nights, messign with Piper and her messing right back three times as bad.

@Peculiar Player. I don't even know where to start. I love you.

You are probably one of the best friends I've ever had. I'm not going to stretch this out too far, because you've already heard most of what I'd say through our conversations. Nobody else ever would have gone through the trouble to start a thread like this for me. This thread probably made me change my mind about abandoning this server. I don't know what I was thinking, and thank you for changing my mind. I suppose I was just getting tired of everyone going behind my back to talk about me. You are seriously amazing.

@Deash12 - I want to make this really long, but I don't want to make you read through a wall of text inside a bigger wall of text. So I'll keep it short and sweet.

You are absolutely amazeballs. You and @Sophe, who I'll get to later, are incredible. You were my first real friend here on Hollowworld, and though we don't RP together that much, I love it when we do. And I especially love our stupid conversations over PM's, those always cheer up my day, nomatter what's going on that day. I love you, to the fullest, man. You are amazing to know and to RP with. Thank you for everything.

@Faelin - You and I don't have too much of a history, ICly or OOCly, so this will be very short. Thank you for being the first to confront me about the chat behind my back.

@Man5791 Time for you to buckle in too.

I'm going to start off very bluntly. I know you dislike me OOCly. And I do not care. Thus why I will not stir up dust over it. Okay. So now we may begin. I've no reason to thank you for anything that you've given me, because, well, you've disliked me from the beginning. You've gone behind my back to gossip about me, and I'm not a fan of people who do. And oh boy, there are a lot of them. I don't feel like even giving you a decent length paragraph, because I don't have anything to speak to you about. So that's all. You can unbuckle now.

@SallyRose and @Man5791.

I did not taunt you over not being able to maim me. In fact, I specified that you and Grimar (@james_power, by the by) would likely eventually capture me if you executed it right. yes, the battle was quite argumentative, but that's not why this post was made, as that is long gone and over with. So, if you would like to continue putting words in my mouth to get me in 'trouble,' Man, by all means, go ahead. But I stand by my word that I did not knowingly attempt to taunt you or inflict any sort of distasteful words towards you afterwards.

And you will NOT threaten my family. OOCly or otherwise.

The ones you have so willingly threatened with death for giving me shelter - the likes of which I am not even staying with for shelter at the time - consists of an unborn child, a baby, and a defenseless woman. I truly hope you realize what that would do to anyone that hears of that happening, the Queen in particular. If they do not protect me from physical harm, they are not free game to kill. And with Dayter watching over us, your actions will NOT go unnoticed by him. And I should warn you, from what I've seen, Leminth holds Dayter's opinions very dearly.

Archaeus is the outlaw, the outcast, the exile, the criminal. Not his family. There is no reason to threaten my IC family members with death due to Archaeus's status. if you want to kill them, do it. Don't hound Peculiar over the fact that you want to. If he tells me you do it again, I will escalate things to a very dangerously high level with the staff. Do what you want ICly, plan, scheme, take hostages, kill my family - but do NOT threaten them OOCly.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I'm also going to point out that I've been informed that despite Arch being maimed, but his continuing to fight is 'stupid' and 'not fun' as seen by others.

Archaeus is stubborn. Deal with it. He will not give up until he is, as I joke about all the time, a head and a torso missing everything else. The fact that he continues to fight is his IC personality.

If it bothers you enough to get upset, don't RP with him anymore.

I have a wide variety of characters that will be available to Rp with any time that is requested.

Danniella Fronte is a 20 year old pirate who can't hold a cutlass, can't fire a bow. She can sail a ship pretty damn good, but that's all, aside from her silver tongue. if you are tired of RPing with Archaeus, RP with his exact opposite. The IGN is MsDanniellie14.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
@Sophe gets an entire post.

Sophe, you are absolutely amazeballs. I love you. You are always there to chat (when you can), you're always supportive when I rant on occasion, and you're overall a great friend. I love RPing with you, as well as OOCly chatting with you. Thank you so much for all of the amazing development you've given me.

[Don't let me forget that I owe you a long paragraph!]