Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Request]Souls Rituals

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Oh no I did not approve that Michael.
I told you very specifically that your family can believe whatever the hell they like, but that there are no dragons and that you got no special powers.

Its not happening.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Could you please link me to the entirety of this admin approved lore, as well as including the date when which it was approved and who apparently decided this?
Looking forward to working stuff out with you. I'm sorry it took so long for a reply, I was on the other side of the continent :)
It seems as you, yourself and Sally approved this lore:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-silverian-lore.18931/
This lore is from when the house was founded
We fully understand that things has changed and of course that our house can't be OP nor the top of the agenda regarding the lore. This is why we are here :) To work things out ;)

Oh no I did not approve that Michael.
I told you very specifically that your family can believe whatever the hell they like, but that there are no dragons and that you got no special powers.

Its not happening.
Michcat and Sally approved it. Again, we understand that things has changed and we are not just going to get it. While the magic system changed a lot, out house stayed the same. All we are asking is to consider our history. Even you take the lore out, we still want to have this kind of powers - We really just want to be able to do it and do whatever it takes. We are not abusing our lore or trying to bypass the entire magic system which I'm sure that a lot of work went into it. We are just asking to be a fair part in it.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
@SallyRose

... Are you referring to the 'like' I gave that post? Because besides that mark (And reading it), I cannot recall ever interacting with it. (Liking a post does not and will never equate to lore approval.)

I cannot find nor do I recall any sort of forum conversation nor thread containing this lore. If you would be so kind to direct me to where I apparently approved your dragon-magic business in specific and direct wording, I would appreciate that very much.
The link you provided I recall no memory specifically approving, nor does it mention a lick of what you detailed in the first post of this thread.

Regardless, you will receive no special powers or supernatural abilities on account of your history or backstory. That is simply unfair to everyone else who works to develop their characters into such a position. If you wish to wield what is described, I highly suggest you seek out a magic teacher in-character. Every player on the server has fair opportunity for their fair part - No more, no less.

Additionally, when you messaged @Legion regarding it, he was extremely clear in where your history regarding the dragons and magic are to be of mythos and no more.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Aye I remember this lore and I remember trying to help fix the story. I remember it was specified that there was no special powers gained from it, because that'd be the just like using a backstory to gain special abilities like being an expert swordsman.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
@SallyRose

... Are you referring to the 'like' I gave that post? Because besides that mark (And reading it), I cannot recall ever interacting with it. (Liking a post does not and will never equate to lore approval.)

I cannot find nor do I recall any sort of forum conversation nor thread containing this lore. If you would be so kind to direct me to where I apparently approved your dragon-magic business in specific and direct wording, I would appreciate that very much.
The link you provided I recall no memory specifically approving, nor does it mention a lick of what you detailed in the first post of this thread.

Regardless, you will receive no special powers or supernatural abilities on account of your history or backstory. That is simply unfair to everyone else who works to develop their characters into such a position. If you wish to wield what is described, I highly suggest you seek out a magic teacher in-character. Every player on the server has fair opportunity for their fair part - No more, no less.

Additionally, when you messaged @Legion regarding it, he was extremely clear in where your history regarding the dragons and magic are to be of mythos and no more.
Aye I remember this lore and I remember trying to help fix the story. I remember it was specified that there was no special powers gained from it, because that'd be the just like using a backstory to gain special abilities like being an expert swordsman.

Thanks for both of you. I haven't been there at the time so I really couldn't tell what happened. I will refer here Micheal so he could answer and discuss it with all the facts.
I really hope that we could resolve this issue soon.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Update:
As to recent events of questioning lore and storys here a little update on what to do with this text:

What is officially approved of it: nothing

ONCE it was approved that this is our story. Many things change when you are active long enough to see the rules change.
It might have been approved lore somedays in the past but now it isnt. (Which is kind of sad, cause awesomeness)
The world has moved on.

So i will add a few changes to it:

First this is a Tale.
It is still a very big part of our current RPs.
Silverians will still claim that it is true.
Silverians will still claim that they have those powers.
They dont have them but folks say they have, those who respect them will believe in those storys like they happened in front of their own eyes.
They can believe in Dragons even if there are no dragons, and even if there never were dragons.
There were also no unicorns or Santa Clause (spoiler!) but they are still awesome and some believe in them, or not.

We will keep the story above as unapproved background story.
"A tale, about a Dragon and its gifts? It isnt a tale, young boy. It is as true as the sun is a square, believe me" - Kataja Silverian
This is perfectly alright and I can see no problems. Sorry for causing you guys stress and grief, I'm glad we could reach a consensus.