Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Roleplaying... fun if you know how to do it.

Paragory

Legend of Altera
There are also two role play guides on the forums which are there for everyone to read.
I feel these are more introductory guides to role playing. Both of these guides only seem to contain information directed towards players who have little to no experience role playing. The topics we are discussing here are for those who have had time to engage in serious role play, as well as expand and develope their character in game. These issues, to my knowledge, are for the first time being brought under closer examination in this thread, so it's entirely possible that we could create another guide for advanced players.

After some more time thinking, I've come up with some more ideas for the growing list of cliches and poor practices. Most of these have to deal with capture by enemies in game and interrogation. I'll throw something together after I get some sleep. Don't worry, John Smith might be making a return appearance.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Loving this. I hate when people join Rp's and then ask me what RP is. Maybe if you group everyone's ideas together and make a page on the wiki and Roleplaying section, it'll be rather useful to the young 'uns.

Also, I don't know whether this has already been mentioned, but when two (Or maybe more) characters are having a conversation, don't but in with random rubbish and start changing the plot. If it's not your turn to speak, don't interrupt other characters conversation (This is, assuming that the characters speaking are actually speaking about something related to the RP and important), or if you're a villager in a town, for example, go find another villager and pretend to have a normal day-to-day chat, not suddenly come up and shout "OMG, ZOMBIE!".

In addition, for all you people, last time someone summoned Queen Grief they had their head severed off.

Deddily

Loyal Servant of Altera
What you mean? Your an amazing roleplayer.. And sorry if the centre of attention thing is me..
Wow, that's very kind of you to say so, but the fact is I have very little experience. No, my comment about being the centre of attention wasn't directed at you, Bryton ;)