Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SadLakePasta's Whitelist Application! [Approved - IceandFire]

Minecraft Username: SadLakePasta

Country/Time Zone: US and East Coast

I have read the guides and rules

Metagaming in my own words: Using things that weren't originally implemented into the game to make yourself more powerful, or just to get benifits

No you do not allow X-Ray

Hobbies: I enjoy making things, such as sewing and art, I even made my minecraft skin! I enjoy a lot of music types, but mainly rock or something chill, like cavetown. I also like playing with my two dogs, named Bindi and Shelia, and my bearded dragon named Zelda. Also, I really enjoy reading, specifically fantasy or anything with dragons. Lastly, I like to play a lot of games, like Stardew Valley, Minecraft (obviously lol), Pokemon, and Genshin Impact.

Did anyone refer you?: No, I stumbled upon this server randomly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About my character

Name: Xylra Anodell

Race: Forest Elf

Appearance: (physical) Short, Pale, Brown Hair, Scrawny, Grey Eyes. (clothing) Green top and light brown skirt, brown boots, bandages wrapping her hands and lower arms, flower headband

I don't have a picture, but I feel I described her pretty well ^^

Okaaay written test. I'll just use a snippet from a story I'm writing currently.

After hours upon hours of walking, the woods finally began to lighten. The sun casted tiny rays through the leaves, enlightening animal tracks, fallen sticks, and the occasional fairy den. I was really going to miss this place, but if I was going to find him, I had to leave. Besides, if, no, not if, when I found him, I could come home again. We’d be a happy family again. I won’t have to sit at home, waiting for months, or in this case, years waiting for my own father to return. I hated the fact that he had to sail to make ends meet, but nobody else would accept him, which I found strange. He was intelligent and strong, unlike the other mouse-brained residents, so he could really do just about anything that an employer would want from him. Maybe it’s because we come from a long, long line of poor people who needed to practice thievery to get food on the table. It’s not like it’s our fault, though. This city just favors the rich, and we’re dirt poor.
Another hour passed before I could see the end of the woods. I picked up speed, desperately wanting to make progress in my search. No woods meant more people, and more people means more clues on where to find him. I broke into a sprint as this thought crossed my mind. Just as I reached the end, however, a rather gnarled branch fell in front of me. I dodged it, but it did manage to scratch the skin on my forearm, drawing blood. I cursed from the pain, and held my hand to the wound. I looked up at the tree where it must have fallen from. A single foot could be seen dangling from the tree, but the rest of the body was concealed by the other branches. I called them a rather nasty word, and kept going. The woods were filled with thieves wanting to knock out any passing travelers or hunters and take anything of value. Just after I looked away and kept walking, the woods cleared and I finally found the city I was looking for. Thick stone walls wrapped the city in a protective barrier, protecting from potential invaders or terrorists. The square. The square was the capital of our city, teeming with fat, spoiled residents that drowned in gold. Perfect. I could sneak in, take some gold, and pay someone to give me information. Just as I smirked at the thought of some poor sap looking desperately for his gold, I realized there was one problem. The city’s walls were highly secure, which meant that I had to find a way around the guards. That sounds easy to the normal thief, but I’m not sneaky, and I’m not good at faking. Realizing there was only one way left, I realized that this trip would be harder than I thought.

And then chapter 2 starts blah blah blah

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Hey there! Welcome to HollowWorld :D

Just a quick thing before I can get you in-game - currently, we are missing your definition of Powergaming. If you can answer that for me, I'd be happy to get you in. I'd also ask that you look over your definition of Metagaming again.

Thanks so much!

Hey there! Welcome to HollowWorld :D

Just a quick thing before I can get you in-game - currently, we are missing your definition of Powergaming. If you can answer that for me, I'd be happy to get you in. I'd also ask that you look over your definition of Metagaming again.

Thanks so much!

sorry! i thought it said meta OR powergaming. here's powergaming def:

in my words, cheating to achive a goal

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Thank you for that! I will need you to look over both the definitions again if possible - specifically, can you tell me what they have to do in terms of player interaction? Thank you!

powergaming: cheating at the beginning of the game to get good items or results

metagaming: using unnecessary knowledge to use against players/enemies in game

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.