Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Scholars guild (idea suggestion to gauge interest)

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
So after the last Eye's of Silas event we're looking at forming a sort of guild for scholars. Not a strict one with an agenda or some form of hierarchy, this would be purely a guild to help equip and supply people who want to research, learn or teach, bring together those who work in the pursuit of knowledge and give people looking for answers a first port of call.

We're dedicating pretty much a third - half the city to becoming a giant campus area for this endeavour with one central admin office running things. There's also other things in the city we'd be able to use if needs be and space to build any custom facilities people may need. (Free of course)

You researching into plant life and alchemy and need a lab? We'll give you the space.
Need an office area for your research team to work together? We'll give you the space.
Need a lecture hall to because you want to teach people? We'll give you the space.
Need a place to live locally? We'll give you a house.
Need resources / supplies? We'll help you lay hands on them however we can.
Got a job for a scholar to look into? Drop it by.
Need a scholar / research team for an expedition? We've got your guys.

This is the (rough) map of the area's we're looking at using.
Campus 2.png

So would people be interesting in joining together in a sort of center of research, knowledge and advancement for the northern kingdoms? Let us know below if you'd be interested or want to get in early with a request ;P

- Thanks, Spear & @K9

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
I should add as well there's always the option of people buying land off the edges of the city at plot cost, ideally around the gate in the campus if they really need alot of space for something. *shrug*

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
I just searched that name on the forum and only found this thread, link / elaborate please?

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Ta but this states nothing similar that I can see, just that the city is Silas devoted.

((On which note I'll point out this organisation is not Silas or any other god dedicated, as is the whole city for that matter))

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
And thus, Renatus did become a university campus.

...And there are noooo complaints from me~

This looks veeery interesting. Veerrrry interesting indeed, nice job so far!

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Might I suggest calling it a university instead of a guild?

Also Cedric would be interested as he is a budding cartographer.