Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Scholars guild (idea suggestion to gauge interest)

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
No, No university. Do you know how many Universities Altera has had that have been teaching focused? There's a reason I'm not calling it a Uni or focusing it on teaching.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
No, No university. Do you know how many Universities Altera has had that have been teaching focused? There's a reason I'm not calling it a Uni or focusing it on teaching.
I see. Well the place should be called a uni than *Shrug* Because it more or less is isnt it?

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Didn't we have something like this back in the day? There was a lot of hype for it, but not really any "students."

Good luck with it, though. See if you can best the old one.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Didn't we have something like this back in the day? There was a lot of hype for it, but not really any "students."

I think Naelwyn had a similar project yeah. Dont quote me on that though.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter

Spear pretty much answered that two posts above your own - it's not for pure teaching, 'students' aren't the core focus, but are always welcome.

-K9

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Thiil has the Learning Center, open and available to all who want to use it, but no one does. Not since Agnew taught potion usage. Best of luck to the project, but there may be some competition in the future once Eriden progresses.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Spear pretty much answered that two posts above your own - it's not for pure teaching, 'students' aren't the core focus, but are always welcome.

-K9
There wasn't really any question, but sure. I'm just saying, it'll be a bit pointless if there really isn't any "students" at all. Last time we had a bunch of teachers, and I was one of the magic teachers, but there was pretty much no students at all for any of us, so it was pointless, hence why it died.

Halendar

Lord of Altera
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't centered around the idea of teaching and students and what not. This is more like a place for people who wish to go down a scholarly route to congregate and RP with each other. Right?

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
There wasn't really any question, but sure. I'm just saying, it'll be a bit pointless if there really isn't any "students" at all. Last time we had a bunch of teachers, and I was one of the magic teachers, but there was pretty much no students at all for any of us, so it was pointless, hence why it died.
I see where you're coming from, but the idea/intention is to be a place of knowledge and learning. Learning =/= teaching, and this is the point. The idea of this guild is to provide the resources necessary to promote knowledge and development. If one of those resources happens to be teaching, that'll be provided too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't centered around the idea of teaching and students and what not. This is more like a place for people who wish to go down a scholarly route to congregate and RP with each other. Right?
That's pretty much a core value, and a 'scholarly route' is ambiguous enough to be correct.

-K9

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
*Pats Thiil on the head*

"It's okay baby girl. Your library, Scriptorium, Alchemist's Guild, Learning Center, and purpose as a scholar's town will still live on. I still love you. You can be the baby sister."

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
*Pats Thiil on the head*

"It's okay baby girl. Your library, Scriptorium, Alchemist's Guild, Learning Center, and purpose as a scholar's town will still live on. I still love you. You can be the baby sister."
The only people I´ve ever seen in the Thiil library are:
Raindes
Thôrdil
Aracena
Septimus

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Thôrdil would be interested in this Scholar stuff
He's busy trying to find out how to make Steel and all that good Dwarven stuff

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
The only people I´ve ever seen in the Thiil library are:
Raindes
Thôrdil
Aracena
Septimus
Few months back when we were doing monthly events and most of the houses had active players, it was quite the little RP hub. Library used to be the busiest spot in the town. Ah, the golden days . BUT- Straying a bit from the purpose of this thread.

May you have a scholarly hub of amazeballs!

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Again, not a school. It's far more research orientated and there to supply the space and resources for that research. And a network for academically driven characters to work together more easily.

And if you think I don't want to keep our nearest neighbour Thiil involved then your sorely mistaken :L