Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Server Died :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Currently re-installing base operating system. (Hoping this isn't a hardware fault)

Will then have to restore a backup of Hollowworld and Tekkit. (3 days old)

Current up-to-date world maps hopefully safe on separate SSD drive.

This whole process could take hours. So don't hang around waiting. Just prey to the Altera gods!

Steels edit: back to normalish again now. Fixed all the plugins/updated any that needed updating/deleted all the ones that we don't need. Report any problems you guys come across :)

Kaies

Grand Lizard
Is it all right if i set up a temporary tekkit server for those that want their daily dose of tekkit? Until hollowworld is back up ofc.

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
ok i dont know anything about tech, could someone explain if i am understading correctly
they put up a 3 days ago server first
t then if a new save is safe on a seperate drive well get a newer save?
or will it be 3 days ago nomatter ?

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Update: Can confirm main Altera and Tekkit worlds safe.

All other worlds - 3 days rollback.

Rebuild continues....

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
ok i dont know anything about tech, could someone explain if i am understading correctly
they put up a 3 days ago server first
t then if a new save is safe on a seperate drive well get a newer save?
or will it be 3 days ago nomatter ?
In my understanding it meens that the current world should be good if it isn't a hardware failior (Right?) but all they can say for certant is the a 3 days old map is safe so we won't have to restart correct me if im wrong

Also is this affecting the TS or am I just very unlucky?

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
OOO cherb says main altera is safe! im guessing thatll mean weve only lost the last hour before the crash?

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
OK now that my heart is at ease i will go to make sleepy tiem! goodnight peoples see you when i wake up!

C

Cubey

Are you sure? just died or just don't feel well?

Get well soon Abbey... she's so young :(

Status
Not open for further replies.