Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Short Stories Thread

Did you come to this thread to read, or write?

• Total voters

TheAllBlackMan

Adorable according to Michcat
If you want to get in on the contest there is still time! Remember the theme is the apocalypse! You have until Monday to get yours in! Winner gets 5k!

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Also, it will be judged not just on story, but on deeper meanings (you know, the things you did in english class that you thought wouldn't be useful in later life!) and on grammar, punctuation, spelling mistakes etc.

Just a little example of what would be an instant failure and should not be deemed fit to be in any contest of any kind; using kk's previous comment and turning it upside down!

iF u wante 2 gt en in teh contesht ter is stul tyme? rember, Teh theem is teh avacado/ U hav unwindowsill dayMun 2 gt urs on?! wnnr getz 5 thoosandy kk*

matyio

The original mute
Written on iPad, no planning made, contains language of a profane nature, do not read if profanities offend you.

The man stood, silently staring over what had once been his home. Before the virus had come, this city had been a thriving metropolises that had been the gem of the country. Now it was a dark, ominous wreck. Of the millions of people living in the many spire-like structures, only a few thousand had survived the virus. Now there was less than a hundred of them left alive, and uninfectd.
It was three days ago that the apocalypse came to the city, and in those three days Jenson had all but lost hope of getting out alive. No-one had owned a gun, or even a crossbow. No-one had thought that they'd need to. The best weapon that was ready and to hand, was a baseball bat with nails hammered through it. However, even that was ineffective against the infected.
The infected... Every survivor had had someone close taken from them, every survivor had only pulled through due to extreme luck, and being no where near areas of high population at the time of the coming. The infected themselves were not quite dead. Rather, they were in a state of permament near death, and they always wished to spread their "gift". They don't look any different at the start, however they cough, sneeze, puke, and generally do things to try and spread the virus. The only known way to permanently put one down was to burn it to a cinder, however the smell attracted hundreds more of the damn things.
"Jensen, JENSEN!" Jensen sighed, "what is it Molly?"
"We're out of food, and running low on water."
"And I've got enough bullets for the two of us, that would be the best way for us you know? They can't infect a dead body, we know that."
"But... That would just feel like giving up, I was up here last night, looking for food stores, and I saw one 20 doors down."
"See any signs of the regents?"
"No, it doesn't seem like they want to bother us after last time, though I did notice that they'd left this shop untouched..."
"Not a good sign, I say we don't go there, and try to establish communication with some survivors, offer our expertise, for shelter and food and water."
"I'd agree with you if it weren't for the regents, bastards seem to have driven all the honest folk from this district."
"Well, I guess we try for that store tomorrow then, any way we could get to it from the rooftops?"
"If we don't screw up it'll be entirely make able from the roofs."
Jensen replied with a curt nod, then looked at the streets below with his binoculars."sector one, two, and three, no change. Four is showing a large collection of infected and fi-shit, get d-ugh..." Jensen collapsed, one eye missing, and half his skill sheared clean off.
"Jensen, no... Damnit." The woman stared into his glassy eye, before closing it and hefting the makeshift crossbow they used to defend themselves. "Where the fuck did they get a gun? And of that caliber?" Looking down the scope to sector five she sees a sight that makes her want to scream in anger. The military. She takes aim, and fires, and fires, and fires. She kills as many as she can, before they spot her and send her to an early grave. You see, the government had made this city, not to be the leading nation in luxury housing, but as a testing facility for a new bio chemical weapon that they were developing. The results were promising, but would need refining.
It would be four days till all the survivors were either infected or killed, and a further year before the city was declared safe for decontamination units to move in. The government card not for the little slice of hell it had created, the test sped up the development of their weapon so much, that soon they forced every major nation in the world to fold, before collapsingmtominfighting and rebels. Not much is known about the Third World War, or, as we survivors call it, the time of the virus. That was the first, and last, time the virus was used in a combat situation, it was uncontrollable. Countless billions died or got infected, but we survive, we adapt, we will take our world back, building by building, street by street, settlement by settlement. Or die trying.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
This isn't going to be my side of the contest, just something fun I made up today when Kick-Boxing, which seems to start my mind up. I hope this goes well...

We watched, as the large white box with a pointy golden roof landed on our planet. It was clearly an Alien space ship; our designs were far different. The white craft had small satellites all over it and what appeared to have been a crest. It was a rectangle that was filled with red and white lines, with a blue box full of weird white dots in the top left corner. Next to it there was what we believed were letters. An upside down arch, a snake facing the side and what seemed to be an arrowhead that just broke the sound barrier.
The small doors opened and revealed a normal, our shaped alien that wore pure white costume and had a white helmet that was covered with gold on the front plate. He too had the small crest, and walked heavily outside. There must have been some sort of obsession of his crest, as he quickly took out a banner with it on and stuck it in the ground.
The tall, fat figure moved towards the drop, but as it approached it, it suddenly stopped, seeing the city that laid before the creature. It quickly shouted out few unrecognisable words inside its helmet and wobbled slowly back to the craft. The wobbling was probably supposed to be running, but the white armour seemed too heavy to do any faster actions.
Before the creature went inside the big white box, it turned and unscrewed its helmet. We could see the sandy colour of skin, and weird, brown hair. We could make out its lips, a little redder than the rest, and the huge nose that poked out of the centre of his face. Lastly, we could see the evil inside the creature's eyes. White eyes, with brown circle surrounding a black centre, as if it was a shooting range. The creature said some more rough sounding words and climbed up the large craft.
We watched, as the large white box with a pointy golden roof took off of our planet. Soon, the officials arrived. Everyone had seen the thing, so there was no point in denying it. However, the military mobilized and was ready for any attacks from the creatures from what was believed to be the planet of "Etharius" of the Solaris Ignis system.

About 2 weeks have passed, when they arrived. Unlike the white box, they were large. Big invasion machines that landed on our planet almost gently. The huge gates swung open, and an army came out, with their rifles black and grey. The rifles seemed to be old technology, that still used sulphur as charge, but everyone knew these could do far greater damage to living tissue. An alien stood in front of them and said something along the lines of "Hue Ma'an". He repeated that word a couple of times slowly, after which the general replied with "We are in no quarrel with you, Hue Ma'an. Leave this planet and you shall not meet resistance".
The thing seemed to have smiled. Suddenly, the soldiers from Etharius pointed their weapons at our army. We replied with the same.
"Stand fast!" our general called, but it was too late. First gunshot came from the invaders, as they fired time and time again. We replied quickly, and have slain many of them. The melee units jumped out of the nearby bushes and charged towards the enemy. The first wave of enemy was destroyed, but our forces were weakened too. This time machines were spat out by the huge ship. Melee units were crushed and the ranged were soon wiped out.
Everyone ran, but the enemy soon took out machines that used heat rays, just like our own tripods. Many people were killed. Men, women and children alike. Humans conquered everything on their path, soon taking over the rest of the world and quickly wiping out the original inhabitants in camps that they built simply to kill...

Nobody survived, General John Walkins thought to himself. We destroyed those things for Earth. Mankind is the only kind that is allowed to survive, and that's a fact. We lost too many damn good men. Far too many for these insects. Over two thousand, half of which during the first stages... What a waste of good artillery meat... But we did wipe out population of around a billion. Ha! There will be Virtual Books written about me. I'll be famous!
The US sub-light ships took off, giving space for the colonial vessels. No race was allowed to survive in the universe but Humans, none at all.

TheAllBlackMan

Adorable according to Michcat
MrPolo, I think yours should be counted in the contest as it is not our own apocalypse, but one of another world. If you do enter it you'd be in the running for the win.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
But I feel entering two contestants is a little... unfair?
I already did one about the grief. Sure, it may not have been such a masterpiece, but I entered it and I keep it as my entry.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
The initial charge was a pain, as usual. The pikemen lowered their poles of mass destruction when we were about 30 feet away from them. Of course, we had lances out ourselves, but we knew that for every knight there are about 4 peasants with those sharpened sticks.
I was in the second rank. Lucky me. First rank gets slaughtered and anything past the second rank gets jammed and has to wait to actually get into fight. The two armies collided, causing a loud crashing sound as the pikes met the shields or horses, and lances met peasants. This is where adrenaline hit in. Not before, and not after, just like I was trained for the past 10 years.
Just as I predicted, the first rank was annihilated, but has breeched through the pikes. This is where the second rank jumped in. I must have killed about 3 of that scum before my lance finally gave away. I drew my morningstar and started swinging it from both sides, hitting basically every time.
As cavalry does, we charged on through the ranks. Like a ship through water, we cut through the enemy, and, just like water, they quickly replaced the missing numbers.
I swung down one more time with a loud roar, but my morningstar got stuck in something. It was a wooden shield with leather stretched on it. I let go of the heavy, unbalanced thing and pulled out a middle sized one handed axe. The trek across the sea of blood and fools continued, as I went on to cutting those godless minions.
At some point someone decided it must be fun to hit a fully armed knight in the head with a flail. Of course, though my great helm was slightly pointy, it didn't stop heavy piece of wood from making me fall.
I fell to the ground. You cannot imagine the feeling when you fall to the ground with full plate armour. I can tell you that it isn't the most interesting. I can assure you you'd rather be sitting wherever you are sitting, whenever you are sitting, in front of this book and enjoying yourself, as I was about to die from the countless hits that came from all directions.
So, I fell. Those idiots swarmed me and I couldn't get up. Then another knight burst out through the ranks. That Gentleman's great helm was slightly older, still flat at the top. The colours of his coat of arms could be seen on his saddle and shield. It was a shield with two horses facing each other, one red and one white. They were both on a blue background with yellow stars at the top.
The noble knight fought his way to me and got me up on my feet. I pulled out my bastard sword and jumped on the horse that was still near. We started cutting together. Indeed, that man was of great valour and courage, and even greater honour.
I must thank this knight, I thought to myself...

The battle was won. We crushed the enemy forces. Apparently the Dwarves were still holding, but not for long. I was in the camp, getting unlocked. My armour was pretty simple, only two keys and one man needed to open it up. I sighed with relief as the armour bearer opened up the leggings, the last part.
I went outside the tent, after bathing and changing clothes to something more appropriate. I was about to go to the King's tent when I saw the person that saved my life, still wearing his full armour.
"Greetings, Noble Man!" I said, following him. "You have saved my life in the battlefield. I shall ensure that reward you deserve is given to you."
The man laughed with high pitch and took off her helmet.
"You should not judge one for the outer appearance, noble sir," the young, beautiful girl smiled. "Indeed, the greatest honour I could have is if I was able to sit beside you, handsome man." She smiled even more.
"B-b... But of course, My Lady!" I said quickly. "Sorry for my foolishness! I shall make it up to you in any way you wish."
The girl laughed again, and went inside her tent. We sat beside each other during the feast that night. I made three toasts towards the noble lady. She fought because her father was gravely ill and was unable to join the war party himself, so she decided to fight herself.
We got married a week after. Her father, week before his death, gave us his blessings. I learnt that judging someone by their appearance is certainly the most stupid thing to do, no matter who you are.

matyio

The original mute
Oh for anyone who thinks I'm lying I have two things that prove I'm not, the length, and how little description is in there.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
This story portraits Altera. It's pretty offensive to those that may feel offended by as stupid things as your RP character. You have been warned. I may end up posting it in some other threads that always talk about the lack of normal people.

Cliché
I have arrived at Port Silver as usual, using a teleportation scroll with the countdown of 10 seconds. That thing may not have been the fastest, but at least it didn't cause any sort of mutilations or misplaced organs. As usual, I was looking at the user of Black Magic, which stayed as one piece simply due to magic. As usual, I turned right and went inside the Lamb.
When I entered, an 8 feet tall man was fighting something I presumed was an Earthspawn. Well, it's always the same. I sat down in my usual spot and ordered some black beer. The fight was over and it seemed nobody was hurt in any way that was impossible to fix up by the almighty magical medic nearby. Well, it's always the same.
As usual, the atmosphere soon got pretty thick, as people decided to notice the man in full armour walking around and sitting in his favourite spot. I decided I didn't feel like attention today and went for a walk.
I came outside to see wall of one of the nearby houses erupt as some wizard fell out, followed by 3 fireballs. He got up and screamed something along the lines of "My power compels you!" and jumped in, shooting lightning. I sighed and walked on. Well, it's always the same...
A demon was sitting and laughing with its deep voice at a Dwarf and an Elf who were screaming at each other about something to do with master races. I decided not to join into the chaotic discussion and end it with "Humans overpower you peasants, now get a life!" It was probably safer anyway. It always is...
A girl was sitting nearby crying. She seemed pretty normal, so I decided to try and cheer her up. I came up to her and said "Hey little girl, it shall be fine." The girl looked at me. Suddenly, her eyes started glowing and turned golden. At least 10 voices came out of her mouth as she said "Be gone, Mortal or the power of the Demon shall destroy you!"
So I went, since the demon asked nicely. I went along an alley to see an Elf with long blonde and two of his minions beating up a young Earthspawn. Those fools have less brains then courage, I thought, but decided not to halt the racial discrimination against the poor Earthspawn. As much of brainless slaves these men were to some self proclaimed king, I didn't feel like starting a political war. It's not like there isn't always one...
As if someone somewhere heard my thoughts, I stumbled just upon that. Two assassins and someone I never seen before were arguing with 3 knights of some sort. I was about to enter and stop the argument when some man who wore torn, but clearly expensive clothes ran up to me. He also wore a crown. "Help me! I need help! My Kingdom to which there is no way of returning is about to die off! I need someone powerful to help me!"
I looked at the poor fool. New to Altera, clearly. These kinds of men usually either join some organization of young fanatics who are ready to die for no reason or end up as corpses in some gutter. I simply smiled and said that it'll be fine, as always with insane people.
I turned back to the political war, which just ended. I went along the small alleys and stumbled upon a man with red eyes, who was currently burning to death some peasant. Another one bites the dust, as always.
Well, I felt I saw enough. I decided to use the teleportation scroll back, since it was shorter than ships and, as we all know, time is money, no matter how badly you spend it... as always...
Just your average day in Altera. Nether itself is more peaceful, but it doesn't have all those special people, that at the end of the day are no different to each other. They all have fears, and they all feel they're special... Funny, because I never found anyone more special than a normal person in Altera...

If you find it as an attack against your RP character, that's up to you. I'm not saying my Char isn't in any way special compared to other lords except that he's simply insane.

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
When I entered, an 8 feet tall man was fighting something I presumed was an Earthspawn. Well, it's always the same. I sat down in my usual spot and ordered some black beer. The fight was over and it seemed nobody was hurt in any way that was impossible to fix up by the almighty magical medic nearby.
XD Without the "8 feet tall" description, that's pretty much one of my RPs in a nutshell... Thanks Lightyy!

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
"Always the same story". I can really expect that sort of fight to happen, even though I wasn't there.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
The competition was between: (Entering your first story)

MrPolo13 - Bows and arrows against the lightning
Backstay - (No name) Nightwalker
Itzzaboy - (No name) Venus and Mars
Matyio - (No name) Over-run

The winner will now be decided!