Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Silent Screams

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
So I love to write and I have wanted to write a story about one of my characters for awhile.
I may not be the best writer but I try.
I am always looking for comments and constructive criticism. Preferably by PM.
I was inspired to write this story by @Niah 's Chipping Away.
Written as a journal entry by my character Melosa Walterius describing a night terror.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

It always starts the same way.. The wind, it whips through my hair, the cold air cutting through my skin to the bone, caressing my cheek. It howls like the sound of a distant scream.

The sun doesn't shine, the lands of Grafjell stuck between dusk and dawn. Even through this, I can see the land clearly. My eyes seem to see through the darkness. I look down, off the edge of the stone pillar.

I look down on the houses, they look so small from up there. Everything seems so distant. Ashna's voice echos in my head,

The Acolytes use to come here to test their fears.

I stand on the edge, but this is not what I fear. It is who I know stands behind me.. I can feel her presence, I can hear her heart beat. It rings in my ears like a never ending drum. I dare not turn to look at her, I fear the cold look in her dead eyes. The edge of the pillar is the least of my concerns.

I try to scream for someone to help me. I put all my being to one exhale of pure terror. I scream for their help, I can see them below me. Starring up at me waiting for me.. Doing nothing. I scream and I scream, but I never make a noise. Silence. Silence.. Silence...

I can feel the tears run down my face, a burning sensation coursing through my eyes. The wind freezing the tears before they can escape my cheeks and drift downward. Down to them, who wait for me from below. I see him, Goren, I see his tired eyes looking up at me. Beckoning me to join him. To embrace the coldness.

But I don't want to die.

I cry out, my voice never escaping my lips. All that escapes is the warm smoke from my breath. Drifting away..

My legs they shake, from fear or exhaustion, I do not know. She is still there, the thumbing of her heart deafening.

I'm not brave enough to face her. If I look at her it becomes real. If I ignore her she will disappear.. right?

I'm to scared to jump off.
I am not ready to meet the Grey Lady. What I have done must be made up for. I am not ready.

I feel her hand on my back. She knows I am not capable of making the decision. So she makes it for me. I still have time, I can either choose to turn around and face my fears, or I can let my fears kill me.

But I'm not strong enough, I never was.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters mentioned-
Ashna @solus
Goren @Monster_Dan

Last edited: