Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sisterhood :l

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
Hey guys. I've been thinking lately...
Why don't we remove the Sisterhood? That way, people would get into less fights, less stupidity, less deaths. It'd be more realistic!
Please feedback!
-GK123

Miner

Lord of Altera
That seems like a good idea at first, but the reason the sisterhood was created directly counters that. If they didn't exist, we couldn't fight against Grief, essentially. :p

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I have to say, it's very meta-game implementing. By that, people would think there could be a genuine point to fighting. You know, people would actually die. Which, for me, is a great incentive. And, along with that, there'll be lots of complaints et cetera...

Plus, it would also be against character development; which is one thing the sisterhood need. They need characters to gain skills, which means giving them many chances at growing them. If not, then there'll simply be too many squires and people in the process of learning skills instead of those that have lived long enough to master them.

I'm not going to write a long wall this time, only because this has been brought up so often and doesn't need to be repeated.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Actually, the consequences of being revived, the ability to kill another player, and perm death have been discussed a good deal, but this is one of the first times I've seen someone ask about removing the sisterhood entirely.

I for one would be fine with removing them.

Death has no meaning in our server. To most, at least. They've all seen or heard what the sisterhood does. Very few now even consider dieing to be a problem. It has made the ultimate deterrent into a non-existent one.

That's also without saying the ....interesting... logic behind why they revive and who they revive and when. But I'll leave all that aside since our lore is getting a decent overhaul sometime in the future so maybe they'll clean up this bit and if so there's not much point in describing why it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

On to Ghost's reasons for removal - Yes, I agree. A while back, there was a few steps taken to ensure death had meaning by way of pretty severe punishments, though you would still be revived. However, as with pretty much everything, the exodus has put that movement to a stop, for now. Really, I'd be in favor of either change, and probably more so your suggestion to remove them altogether, but I'll take what I can get.

I suppose this rambling post is here really to say, "Don't worry, after the exodus there will be changes in how being revived works. There will be consequences. People will take combat more seriously and much less often, or at least resort to nonlethal combat like actual people usually do."

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Actually, the consequences of being revived, the ability to kill another player, and perm death have been discussed a good deal, but this is one of the first times I've seen someone ask about removing the sisterhood entirely.

I for one would be fine with removing them.

Death has no meaning in our server. To most, at least. They've all seen or heard what the sisterhood does. Very few now even consider dieing to be a problem. It has made the ultimate deterrent into a non-existent one.

That's also without saying the ....interesting... logic behind why they revive and who they revive and when. But I'll leave all that aside since our lore is getting a decent overhaul sometime in the future so maybe they'll clean up this bit and if so there's not much point in describing why it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

On to Ghost's reasons for removal - Yes, I agree. A while back, there was a few steps taken to ensure death had meaning by way of pretty severe punishments, though you would still be revived. However, as with pretty much everything, the exodus has put that movement to a stop, for now. Really, I'd be in favor of either change, and probably more so your suggestion to remove them altogether, but I'll take what I can get.

I suppose this rambling post is here really to say, "Don't worry, after the exodus there will be changes in how being revived works. There will be consequences. People will take combat more seriously and much less often, or at least resort to nonlethal combat like actual people usually do."
I know it sounds like I'm being a bit contradictory towards myself, but I agree with that, but I don't think it should be removed entirely. So I'm very happy with nasty consequences. ;)

Oh, and what I meant by brought up many times is that the Sisterhood has been discussed as a whole a lot. Sure, maybe not asked to be removed entirely, but definitely discussed a lot.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Remove the sisterhood.
Turn this server into a hardcore server.
You die once, that's it, you don't get to play here anymore.
Laugh all the way home as fewer and fewer players continue/are able to play.

I am not in favour of the sisterhood being removed.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
You see, this isnt actually an issue with the Sisterhood themselves (though it could use some work, as pyro said) but the fact that people are in general awful at not meta-gaming. Also partly the fact that they are deciding themselves who does and doesnt get revived.

Im not totally sure how to handle the issue. I don't have a choice in the matter whether or not the sisterhood exists: i was given the directive that we dont get to force character deaths.
But I cannot figure out how to change it to make it impossible for people to meta-game and know whether they will live or die.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
You could decide a select few people to actually be the Sisterhood and then they could decide. New characters would be needed and they would hardly interact with others out of the order, as to prevent favoritism in who they select to bring back or not.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
You could decide a select few people to actually be the Sisterhood and then they could decide. New characters would be needed and they would hardly interact with others out of the order, as to prevent favoritism in who they select to bring back or not.
There is no one on the entire server I would trust to play a sisterhood character properly.
Its just too boring. No family, no relations, no friends, you hardly even get to talk to people, and besides that, Shalherana is the one who chooses, not them, and they are banned from using their power for anything other than healing who shalherana tells them...

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
There is no one on the entire server I would trust to play a sisterhood character properly.
Its just too boring. No family, no relations, no friends, you hardly even get to talk to people, and besides that, Shalherana is the one who chooses, not them, and they are banned from using their power for anything other than healing who shalherana tells them...
tumblr_mb0mjwA0g01qibho7o2_500.gif

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
Sisterhood is needed:
  • Noobs will moan, their chars get mashed and then they can't bring them back.
  • Let me kill your most loved char and see that you have no way to bring him back.
  • its been written and dug into the lore, it can't just be edited out.
  • I don't want Andras to die permanantly.
  • I don't think other want their chars to die permanantly
:S

Spark

Broken
Surely character development will be more...precious(?) if the sisterhood is removed because at the moment it seems there's a lot of "I've been this character a month now he is god like". It would also stop people from developing their fighting skills by getting into constant fights, getting kills/killed and do it like a normal person would, not a psychotic deathclaw. If people get into fights that often just to train they have a chance of perm death not a 30 second walk to a boat.
This would also promote actual trainers/teachers, that's right, someone who trains your skills without piles of guts. Yaaay.

Either way I don't care that much...

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Bwahahahah characters dont get god like in any thing after 1 month. Else... well gee ive been here for 2 years, id be unstoppable.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Bwahahahah characters dont get god like in any thing after 1 month. Else... well gee ive been here for 2 years, id be unstoppable.
I think we're all under the impression that Legion is unstoppable :p