Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sisterhood :l

NiNi

MooCat
Hm... I like everyone's POV here but..

What's the point of being a hired killer if your victims keeps getting revived? I hope you get what I'm saying...
"What's the point in spending months developing your character just to be killed by an assassinhired by someone who does like you?"

It works both ways.

Jupa15

Settling in Altera
>_>
There is no way in heck Nael is meaner than me.
<-< >->
he works to much, he gets grumpy....And plus, you approve things, and he ask you if things can be approved.... Your so awesome anyway... and if your gone we cant approve anything.....

/Re-rail

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
I have an idea.

What if you only got a certain amount of chances with revival or at least you don't get too many chances per ooc month? This could settle it. Because the sisterhood still gives people chances, but if the sisterhood really thinks you guys are stupid and die many times within an OOC month, then you wouldn't get revived again. Meanwhile, if the sisterhood see's that your trying not to be stupid, and aren't dying too many times within an OOC month they'll revive you.

If your dying like maybe 20 times a month, the sisterhood would consider that as suicide, because technically it is. Those who are smart enough to fight in the war with grief would know how to not die so often, while those who die way too often the sisterhood would think is too stupid to stand a chance in the war with grief. For their own good they are letting the people who aren't much of a use in the war die. Like my idea?

Honestly I have not approved of the sisterhood, and would be glad to get rid of them, but I am highly outnumbered so I came up with the solution above.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Do bear in mind that the amount of player deaths would be very difficult to manage. How will we know as staff without being told? What if said player decides not to tell us of their death?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
... It is markedly easier to just set up actual enforcement of laws, through some way, and then just say the Sisterhood got ate while all of the rest of Altera were occupied with a Grief attack.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
There would be much less deaths because they are aware that when they die, the char is gone. So they will try to prevent getting into fights that might get their char killed.
Life has no meaning without death.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
... It is markedly easier to just set up actual enforcement of laws, through some way, and then just say the Sisterhood got ate while all of the rest of Altera were occupied with a Grief attack.
No, it is not easier to do that. If you find a way to actually do this, get back to me.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
I was thinking a plug-in but then again that will take up quite a bit of time.

A thing my old RP server did was something different than the sisterhood, but players could still be revived. When a player died, he would turn into a ghost, and be able to chat in the OOC chat, and it would even indicate he is a ghost. The plug-in had it so there was a specific shrine of rich items that you could build, and players could revive each other that way. I think the owner found the plug-in on Bukkit. It may encourage miners to work together with woodsman, or knights to work together with other people, just to revive someone. But it also might encourage hacking :/

U

unnamed

You... can run...away from me... then you die... and you... will not.. come back... to life... from the... stupid sisterhood...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Removing the Sisterhood would be a great idea and I'd be 100% behind it, but there's two things that crush the idea.

First of all, quite some people don't want their character to die. I'm not talking about people refusing a duel or people who don't want to climb a steep cliff; I'm talking about people who refuse to ever let their character die, even if they're in a terribly lethal situation. I do understand that you enjoy playing your character, and I do understand that you've put a lot of time in creating them, but if you don't want your character to die, you shouldn't put them in lethal situations. Do you want your fragile, elven hunter to live? Then don't kick a strong knight in the shins.

The second problem is the other side of the last problem. People who don't want their character to die, and who show this by keeping them away from dangerous situations, can still be back stabbed by some roleplayer who thought it'd make for an interesting RP. Sometimes, an inexperienced roleplayer can forget that online roleplays have to come from at least two sides. So when someone doesn't want their character to be killed, because they put a lot of effort in creating them, another roleplayer might overlook this and try to kill them anyways.
I know it might sound boring, but even if your character is a feared assassin, he should never kill someone who doesn't want to fight, and whose roleplayer doesn't want them to die.

So, if every single person on Hollowworld would make these problems disappear, then go ahead and remove the Sisterhood.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
Say a RP noob comes and assaults you, he's a big burly man with a longsword, death is inevitable
You worked on that char and you didn't force yourself into that situation, but Thora still dies

You see why we need it?
I would just complain because that noob has no reason to attack me and kill me in the first place.

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Say a RP noob comes and assaults you, he's a big burly man with a longsword, death is inevitable
You worked on that char and you didn't force yourself into that situation, but Thora still dies

You see why we need it?
I would just complain because that noob has no reason to attack me and kill me in the first place.
And the two of you just described one of those problems I stated in four sentences. Can you please teach me how to write things without using entire paragraphs to make myself clear?

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
Sisterhood is needed:
  • Noobs will moan, their chars get mashed and then they can't bring them back.
  • Let me kill your most loved char and see that you have no way to bring him back.
  • its been written and dug into the lore, it can't just be edited out.
  • I don't want Andras to die permanantly.
  • I don't think other want their chars to die permanantly
:S
There. Please be arsey elsewhere.

Spark

Broken
No, said person could just run away instead of standing there trying to fight a huge guy who clearly has the advantage...