Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sisterhood :l

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The problem is, there actually might be some times when it makes sense for someone to kill someone else unprovoked and without prior knowledge.
The server has darkbloods. If darkbloods dont randomly kill someone every once in a while, they arent doing it right. (Which btw, the ones ive seen havnt been doing it right, but thats another story, and Im not gonna worry about it)

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
Honestly, I agree wholeheartedly with getting rid of the Sisterhood, however, numerous people have pointed out very valid reasons why that would be extremely difficult to do.
In the meantime, if you want someone gone, do what Nwalme does, and chain them up for while.

Spark

Broken
There're valid reasons for and against, but I think making RP better should take priority, just like with the removal of races. If something will better RP on the server in general at the cost of a few grumpy faces then I think that takes priority.

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
There're valid reasons for and against, but I think making RP better should take priority, just like with the removal of races. If something will better RP on the server in general at the cost of a few grumpy faces then I think that takes priority.
:p Again, valid reasons for and against.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
Say a RP noob comes and assaults you, he's a big burly man with a longsword, death is inevitable
You worked on that char and you didn't force yourself into that situation, but Thora still dies

You see why we need it?
A few ways you could keep your self OUT of that situation is by running away, or retreating if you want your character to live, or your character wants to live. Now if the RP noob says "*He chases after you quickly, and faster then you*" You can tell him he is being OP, and if he is STILL OP and doesn't listen to you, why not report him?

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
omg.
Sisterhood is needed...
Because people wouldn't be happy if it was gone, its a essential RP aspect of Altera and it is dug into the lore BADLY.

NiNi

MooCat
I just don't like it when an assassin works HARD to kill someone, and then that person just comes back to life.
Its come to me saying this, but if you aint happy with it, find a new hobby that doesn't involve killing people. Your 15 minutes of roleplay does not equal the removal of months of roleplay in character that you don't like.

People work hard on their characters. Please consider both sides of the argument.

NiNi

MooCat
The ONLY way the sisterhood would be removed is some other way of reviving characters was implemented.

Can we please stop arguing about this now?

Spark

Broken
I think it's still a valid argument. If people want to get stressy that's their problem but "consider both sides of the argument" also means the people who want it removed not denying people's opinions.
Edit: Also assuming an Assassin only spends 15 minutes developing their character and not the same amount of time as the other person? Plenty of things could endanger an assassin. Whether it's a passing guard or simply not realising their target is armed.

Also, someone doesn't just hire an assassin to kill a random person. If you anger someone so much they want to assassinate you, that's your problem.

NiNi

MooCat
I think it's still a valid argument. If people want to get stressy that's their problem but "consider both sides of the argument" also means the people who want it removed not denying people's opinions.
Edit: Also assuming an Assassin only spends 15 minutes developing their character and not the same amount of time as the other person? Plenty of things could endanger an assassin. Whether it's a passing guard or simply not realising their target is armed.

Also, someone doesn't just hire an assassin to kill a random person. If you anger someone so much they want to assassinate you, that's your problem.
Maybe we should instead use this thread to discuss what changes you woul like to see instead. If you have an idea, please put it forward. Arguing never solves anything.

Spark

Broken
Maybe we should instead use this thread to discuss what changes you woul like to see instead. If you have an idea, please put it forward. Arguing never solves anything.
The idea is to remove the sisterhood.... Arguing solves a lot of things. As long as it's kept rational and not heated.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I've noticed that a lot of people wish for the Sisterhood to be gone...but, Let me point out, what Grief said somewhere above. -And-, think about this, before any other decisions are made. There are always going to be noobs, there is always going to be Assassins, it's how this server works for some reason. Now, I'm against the Sisterhood being taken out, for the simple reason that, in one day, if the Sisterhood was gone that is. You could have made the best character. Equally balanced, awesome, people like the character, and the character is a great deal important to you. And then someone decides that your character is too nice, or somthing like that. And they stab you. and that Character is gone...that's where my problem in all of this is...