Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skyrim Mod - "The Rangers"

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Welcome everyone! Welcome to my brand new thread. Some may remember I had 2 game developing threads back in january and february. I have the process on a hold for now. I've been into modding. Elder Scrolls games, Fallout games and Mount & Blade games. So far it's going great! So I've decided to make a mod in Skyrim.

The mod is inspired by the books made by John Flanagan. Some of you may know him and/or the books. The inspiration part is the faction in the books called "The Rangers". They are kind of spies/assassins/scouts, who helps the government. Catch crimes, scout the enemies and other stuff. I thought this would be a quite cool idea. So I started working on it.

So far I've made the faction called "The Rangers". And I've put a guy outside Whiterun called "Hroggar Strider", he will be the leader of the faction. Hroggar will mostly be known under the name "Strider". I have not decided where the faction shall be. Whiterun? Riften? Or will they have they whole own town/place? The Rangers are nords, so they shall not be a place where they are completely imperial-ish, like Solitude.

Notes:
  • The Rangers will be nords, and will therefor be unfriendly to imperials.
  • The Rangers will be helping the government/army.
  • The questline will be about trying to decrease the criminality.
  • It will involve a dragon ;)
  • If I can make it happen, the player will end up being the leader of the faction after he have completed the questline. Just like the College of Winterhold.
  • Other Ranger members will have side quests for you.
  • The headquarters will have sleeping quarters and all that. (When you become the leader you will have your own room).
  • They will be unfriendly to the Thieves Guild, which is a little ironic.
  • So far The Rangers are using the Thieves Guild's armor, because I'm too lazy to model a new set of gear specifically for them.
If any of you are willing to help with this in any way, just contact me. I already know what I need help with :)
Thanks for your time :)

Backstay

Lord of Altera
To-do List!
  • Decide where to put the faction's headquarters.
  • Plan how to make the faction's headquarters.
  • Make all members of the faction.
  • Plan main quest
  • Plan side quests
  • Plan recruitment quest
  • Find out how to put a dragon into it
I will most likely post pictures of the progress.

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'd love to see progress on this, sounds pretty cool. Also, what mods do you do for Mount and Blade? Haven't played it in a while, but It's one of my favs.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I'd love to see progress on this, sounds pretty cool. Also, what mods do you do for Mount and Blade? Haven't played it in a while, but It's one of my favs.
I worked on a mod of Altera, but i stopped it because it would take months of modelling and mapping to make the towns. I also made a british mod of the 1200's. Focusing on the war between England and Normandy. But I had a problem with updating it, and had to remove it.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
I worked on a mod of Altera, but i stopped it because it would take months of modelling and mapping to make the towns. I also made a british mod of the 1200's. Focusing on the war between England and Normandy. But I had a problem with updating it, and had to remove it.
Work on the hollow one! I wants!

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
Sorry, I have nothing for New Vegas, never got that game.
:/ Well its not an expensive game (Anymore), And i heard its quite easy to mod.

Back on topic.

This Skyrim mod seems to be good and unique. Will you publish it when 100% Done, Or will you publish an alpha / beta version too?

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I will make an alpha version when I've made a basic headquarter and put some members there. It will progress to beta when I have one or more quests ready and player dialogues ready. They will all be published. Don't know when I'll take it out of beta.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
I will make an alpha version when I've made a basic headquarter and put some members there. It will progress to beta when I have one or more quests ready and player dialogues ready. They will all be published. Don't know when I'll take it out of beta.
(/^‚^)/ This is just awesome. PM me the link when alpha is out

Backstay

Lord of Altera
If someone want to help, let me know, i need someone who is really good at stories. I need a backstory of The Rangers. And i need someone to design the quests.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
I will help to design the quests, If you want.

I just need to know a bit more of what The Rangers do.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Basically, the rangers are a group of fighters that continually fight for a kingdom, as spies, assassins, and scouts. They are very keen at picking up distractions, and are expected to be able to be as quick with their weapons as with their feet.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Have you read the books epik?

Also, the side quests can be anything. Getting something for someone. Talking with someone for someone etc.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Okay. I just came up with an idea for the beginning of the storyline.

There's a guy in a city (Windhelm or Whiterun). If you talk with him, he will tell you rumours about a secret and mysterious organization up in the mountains. You then get the quest where you have to go there and find out about it.