Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

So?

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Opinions on Xbox Reveal?

-K9

Sigurd Selmon

Lord of Altera
Personally, I think it's pretty rediculous that they only released the current X-Box a short time ago and their already releasing a new one, and as soon as it -does- come out, I'm going to end up feeling excluded because I'm too poor to be able to afford it, and most of the people I know will already have it.
They'll release more games on the new X-Box that the current X-Box wont have, I feel as if the people making these consoles just want to suck the money out of the pockets and back accounts of the common people people.

Annnnnnd, rant finished

Sigurd Selmon

Lord of Altera
Eh... Isn't it still technically the same thing... Revamping means it's still adding -new- stuff, and people that wanted to upgrade to said revamp would need money to do so, or am I wrong?

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Anyone who knows anything about computer hardware would understand that the XboxOne is a lot better than the 360.

-K9

Spark

Broken
Reltimus said:
Eh... Isn't it still technically the same thing... Revamping means it's still adding -new- stuff, and people that wanted to upgrade to said revamp would need money to do so, or am I wrong?
No, this is new hardware, the Xbox 360 slim was just a new case with a couple of gadgets. Theres no need for anyone to buy it over the regular xbox apart from it looking nicer. This new one however, is upgraded hardware, running next gen games.

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
It also is run fully on a cloud system (Which is meh), the software has been changed a fair amount also. I would go into great detail but no.

-K9

Spark

Broken
Diarmuid Cronin (Elrohir) said:
It also is run fully on a cloud system
-K9
I thought this was false? People were saying it is always connected to the internet but didn't they(makers) say this was untrue?

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I thought this was false? People were saying it is always connected to the internet but didn't they(makers) say this was untrue?
You don't have to be connected online 24/7. Just when playing online games.... There's still a local hard drive.

-K9

Spark

Broken
Diarmuid Cronin (Elrohir) said:
You don't have to be connected online 24/7. Just when playing online games.... There's still a local hard drive.

-K9
Good, that's what I thought :)

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
The idea was to remove latency when playing online games, putting less pressure on the local host and more on the bazillion servers that they now have.

-K9

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'm going to get a PS4 instead. I don't like the draconian DRM measures they've implemented.

Also, it seems Microsoft is really, really good at FUD. Used on their own products.

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
One of the creepiest things is that you have to have your Kinect connected to the Xbox. And the thing stays on, even if you're not playing games. *Shivers.*