Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Some changes in the new world. [Please read]

Scardrac

Felsummer
The new Exodus is upon us.
There will be a lot of changes in RP and OOC.

First of all:
Some may ask: "When is the New World?"

No set date yet, there's a lot of preparation going into this (and asking about said preparation wont make it happen sooner.)

Second of all:

Some may ask: "How will towns be brought over, will I have to pay?"
Towns can be brought over for free and fixed into the terrain, as there will be no worry that buildings and special places will not fit into the terrain as it will be fixed.
Also, if your towns are just plots it would be much easier to move over.

Third of all:
Probably the hardest and most thought-into choice to be made for the new world. We know 'airships' and 'balloons' are a big part of Hollowworld. But unfortunately a decision is made that they will not be allowed in the new world. Any made airships will not be used and probably disposed of. Airships and balloons will not be moved over or made into crash-sites for RP.
"BUT WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!"
Well, the answer to this is simple. It's not the core medieval we want.
We all know that before the 1500's they didn't have docked massive ships the size of titanic flying around. It would enhance the medieval RP aspect by just having ships and carriages taking you around.
The new horses being added in minecraft would be a fun RP aspect in travel. [No, horses will not be restricted to players, have fun with 'em! :D]

Recap:
  • No known date of new world yet, please do not ask.
  • Towns will be moved over for free and molded into the terrain.
  • Airships and balloons will not be allowed in the new world as for reasons of not being medieval enough. Airships and balloons will not be moved over, and airships and balloons made will be disposed of.
Please report here for any questions and report back for updates of the new world.

Scardrac

Felsummer
I don't think you can just go back 'bout a month after the period is over and ask for it over.
Towns not wanting to be moved over will not be moved over, but will have a certain time period to change their mind.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I don't think you can just go back 'bout a month after the period is over and ask for it over.
Towns not wanting to be moved over will not be moved over, but will have a certain time period to change their mind.
Not my question :p I was asking if there's any reason to decide to not move the town to the new world. What incentives are there to let the town expire, or to sell it off?

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
* literally just finished making airship on sp mode*
*sees thread*
*cries*

Menel

Carpet Monkey
hmmmmmm......

-what if there is a town that is on an island......? can the whole island be moved over to the new server, or is a new island needed and we have to take what fits best with a bit of moddeling? (Think about the Elumeril Estate)
-Can you just move over a region, without it's contents? so that one still has his "town" but could start it anew? (and maybe even rename it?)
-when airships are removed, will structures like rota magna be removed too, or would something like that float through magic?

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
I don't see what's wrong with airships... they didn't exactly have magic in the 1500's either. I thought they were really cool.

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
Doesn't it belong into the announcements sectionk?
That, just know how we did it with the last exodus. There was an own forum section just for the exodus.
And Lars sometimes leaked information to us, like a screenshot of the new world or ideas and plans.
You came home from school, got on HW and checked the exodus section, that was always so exciting.

Spark

Broken
All of the this^!!!! I joined just before it was released or as it was being released and it was awesome getting little bits released, not just for fun but also clarification that something was actually happening

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Not my question :p I was asking if there's any reason to decide to not move the town to the new world. What incentives are there to let the town expire, or to sell it off?
I'd like to know this too. Is there a reward for saving the staff work?

Also can we still refund regions and plots?

C

Cubey

You can refund your region and buy a new region and build on new world, better than moving towns with dirty underground parts :p

Town on hills are more difficult to fit.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
There is an incentive planned, but I'm worried about announcing it until the last minute because it could be very easily abused.
Doesn't it belong into the announcements sectionk?
I told scardrac to put it here because it's more like information rather than an announcement. If it was in announcements it could be mistaken for the new world coming out sooner than expected.