Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Some changes in the new world. [Please read]

d_fry

Lord of Altera
I think there should be specific regions for groups/races/factions/ect. they would have crops, towns, forts, ect. Then there could be a no mans region where all the new people live in a safe zone city for people to live and RP in until (or if) they chose a specific group.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A good arrangement would be a few large cities, with clusters of smaller towns near them with villages and hamlets around those.

I don't know how that could arise naturally though
very nice idea! I've been studying Landscape Architecture and Spatial Planning in the University of Wageningen for the last 2 years now and I also had to dig into this matter. It would be cool if we could use real life Historical Geography in our server.
The fact that people made their houses on higher soil near rivers, because of the flood. They make farms close to the river on the higher soil because the soil is better there. Towns spring up at the crossing of a road and river, they grow mostly next to the river and road, which in time will form a cross-shaped town. First they start as trade-towns, but when more people come to live there, they will start to get crowded. That is when the pharmacy-business starts and so on...

There are a lot of factors which make a town the way it looks and determine the place it is made. Why not try to follow the rules of this old way of inhabiting the lands? it might make it look more natural.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It's whatever the writer decided can or can't exist in their fantasy world.

They (legion, naelwyn, sally) cannot please everyone and it can't be very nice for them to have to keep battling questions regarding why decisions have been made and why this or that isn't allowed.
First of all I want to compliment you on this wonderful comparison of playing on this server and writing a story. It speaks to the imagination and makes the point clearer than normal words could have done.

Second, I think the lore team is doing a good job. They must have full control over what changes on the server. Of course! and they will get battling questions regarding their decisions, because their decisions involve other people (the average player) as well. But that is the good thing. They do their thing and change the server, and we can compliment, negotiate, argue with them. Even if it would just be hypothetical, I still think these battling questions serve a purpose.

There are people on this server who like these decisions. There are people that don't.
They (the lore team) cannot please everyone.
I want to affirm that not pleasing everyone is what leads to the best results. It is a common law in architecture that when you try to please everyone, nobody will like/use your creation. But if you try and follow a vision, and so please a certain group, you can almost be sure your creation will be liked and used. This is why it doesn't matter that some do not like it, it is still better than trying to please everyone.

This thread has taken an amazing course and I will keep my eyes on further developments. :heart: this community.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
All of the this^!!!! I joined just before it was released or as it was being released and it was awesome getting little bits released, not just for fun but also clarification that something was actually happening
Fun fact: Itzzaboy wrote "this little bits" on Lars' behalf.