Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spawn Build Contest

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
the solution is clear

i conquer spawn in the name of the one true god and ur government problems go away

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
What do you mean by 'Similar Style' are we use to our own blocks/designs or do we really need to just change the samples?

Because to be fair, I'm not digging the block options in place right now, if that's the case.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I prefer the idea of districts. Faction/race districts in spawn. Anhald district, Abermore, Hawklight Moor Elf, Silver Elf, Capraii and Dwarven districts. All around a central neutral hub.

The idea here being each faction gets an area and say. With large grandiose builds and sections possible preventing build boredom, all while maintaining aesthetic quality.

How is it managed? Idk my vote would be make it like the grand shrines of the past. This city is neutral any faction attempting to forcible take over sections incurs divine punishment. This does not mean more subtle means of coercion could not be achieved.

The main government is ran by a council of one member from each faction. People can select their representative however they decide. They only have authority in the influence and area of spawn.

Also have some of those fancy smancy guards that shanked folks in Port Silver show up and be their muscle. Also let folks join through RP if they wish.

Idk I'm sure this idea has tons of problems to be worked out before it approaches viability but hey it's something.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The main government is ran by a council of one member from each faction. People can select their representative however they decide.
What if each house or guild was able to send a representative to sit in a council chair?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
What if each house or guild was able to send a representative to sit in a council chair?
Guilds and Houses kind of fall into the faction area already if they have enough folks. If they have enough folks I would say minimum 3 folks that are dedicated to them, as in they can't be counted for any other faction then sure. I just don't one person OOC with no folks in his faction/city getting a spot on it cause really that's ridiculous. Maybe some lenience in under represented races like Halfings but otherwise yeah they need to have at least a small group. Something that encourages folks to group together not split apart, since spawn is where we'll all be mixing and mingling.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If anyone needs someone to add details / easter eggs to their build, I'd love to team up with you. I know by now I can't do big builds on my own (after trying my hand on solo shalheranna)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Tomato150

Realized I read your comment, chuckled but never responded thus looking like a jerk. But I'm afraid Omi did like 98% of the temple and Alec the other 2. I was moral support and general alpha tester. Unless you find yourself thinking "Man I wish I had really crappy management like in my IRL job but in MC" I don't think you want me. :p

What do you mean by 'Similar Style' are we use to our own blocks/designs or do we really need to just change the samples?

Because to be fair, I'm not digging the block options in place right now, if that's the case.
Similar style means that it won't look weird next to builds around it. Doesn't have to be the same shape or size and doesn't have to use the same blocks. I think it might be harder to make it similar the more one deviates, but I'm sure it can be done.

Teaming up is just fine if not encouraged. I purposefully left it blank to see which teams would form up. It gives a better idea of who can and is willing to work as a team.

The competition will prolly be left open for a couple more weeks. The invites to join the build team may continue after that depending on the amount of work we've got, but I think the staff spawn team might start giving out offers to join the build team soon. The build team will be responsible for building places for the forum marketplace as well as custom houses on request. They will also do some infrastructure and detail work. The docks will be the first area released and will have a few pre-fabricated builds as well as a couple places for players to buy builds. The next area to be opened will be the area immediately behind the docks. As we need more space, will push up onto the mountains behind and then over to the east.

Catena

Lord of Altera
Hero
Catena
Catena
Hero
Actually, I'll have to withdraw from entering the contest. A few things have come up and I don't believe I'll be able to make the time to join. Good luck to all those entering!

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
I have an entire city ready to go already, but I don't want to rebuild what's already built. This asset is not on any HW owned maps. Are you accepting submissions of this type?

Sunday October 9th is the deadline for submissions for this competition.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I have an entire city ready to go already, but I don't want to rebuild what's already built. This asset is not on any HW owned maps. Are you accepting submissions of this type?
I imagine we'd be interested in seeing your work with screenshots at the very least.