Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spawn Survey Thread - Please Vote [Finished early due to errors]

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
it might be a good idea to enable editing responses for people who screw up or change their mind later i'm indecisive sorry

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'm unable to set it so that you can go back and edit it. It's the problem with an anonymous vote.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
So. Can't someone vote more than once? It doesn't seem to track who is coming from the same IP address and stop them from voting more than once...

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
So. Can't someone vote more than once? It doesn't seem to track who is coming from the same IP address and stop them from voting more than once...
So I was writing up a report to disclose this privately so as to not ruin the voting...

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
So I was writing up a report to disclose this privately so as to not ruin the voting...
I doubt i'm the only person who noted this. If anyone else noticed this, i'd feel it'd be a much worse fallout to say nothing. People could either abuse it, or call it out and say the vote is invalid due to abuse even after voting stopped...

If just one person abuses it, and nobody says anything, the vote would be ruined anyway. I'd rather have the voting site/settings changed before it get's any further than to just assume nobody else found out.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
It counts via IP. I've tried voting from the same IP more than once and it has stopped me. However, it doesn't prevent people from doing it more than once if they use a separate IP. Granted, the survey maxes out at 100 votes, apparently. We're close to 70 already.

Gotta love technological limitations.

We could've ensured a one-person, one-vote method, but it would've ruined anonymity.

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
Whelp voted as soon as the thread went up and now checking back looks like I voted backwards. Oops.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
If the vote isn't already ruined by everyone doing it backwards. Lol.

If your vote messed up, make another vote with the choices correct this time, if you can. This should theoretically "cancel" out your previous vote and then you can hope that this doesn't change the outcome had you not screwed your vote.

Inb4 everyone votes wrong and revotes, thus adding up to 0 votes for anything.