Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

~Summer Reading

What's your favorite genre?

• Fantasy

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • Non-Fiction

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Mythology

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Mystery

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Memoir/Biography

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Fiction

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • World Culture

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Realistic Fiction

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Sci-Fi

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • MORE MORE BOOKS (Other)

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Summer is on its way! Sadly, that does not mean I'm assignment-less.
Many schools require one or two books to be read over the summer with a small project. My school is a part of that program. The only difference is I am required to read three books within my level. One book must be within the list they have given and the other two must be 'high school level.' (High School Level does not all things like the Percy Jackson Series or below.) My school has provided several suggestion of classics to read and authors. I would like to know if any of you have read any of these books and if you would highly suggest them for me to read.

To start off here's the list of 'Must Read 1':
Fiction:
Adichie, Chimamanda. The Purple Hibiscus.
Sloan, Robin. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore.
Wein, Elizabeth. Code Name Verity

Non-Fiction:
Banilla, James. My Backyard Jungle: The Adventures of an Urban Wildlife Lover Who Turned His Yard into a Habitat and Learned to Love It.
Boo, Katherine. Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity.
Kean, Sam. The Disappearing Spoon and other True Tales of Madness, Love and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of Elements.

Fantasy:
Dick, Philip. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Gaiman, Neil. Neverwhere.

Memoir:
Fuller, Alexandra. Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight.
Weaver, Eric. Man Seeks God: My Flirtations with the Devine.

Classics: (Warning: Long)
Attached Document

Attachments

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I'm the first to vote and you can see my utter love for world culture.

-K9

ALSO: TL;DR. I'll tell you tomorrow of what I know, on a short break from study at the moment (By study I mean blankly staring at a page)

-K9

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Although I'd imagine this would be the popular choice, seeing as what kind of server we are a part of, fantasy is fantasy, and it will always be able to blow your mind because it places limitations on itself, and not have limitations placed on itself

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
The Morningstar Strain trilogy might fit in. The Road is a pretty short but really good apocalyptic book.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Abbey- Have you ever cried during a book before? If not you will when you read "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck..... IT IS INCREDIBLE.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Abbey- Have you ever cried during a book before? If not you will when you read "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck..... IT IS INCREDIBLE.
I have cried for books before.

You should read Soldier's Heart. It is about 100 pages with large print. ;)

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is quite an interesting book in my opinion. If you like dystopian books, you will like that a lot.

Also, I am amazed at the books that you get to choose from, everyone I have to read sucks...:(

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Even if it is a bit longer, I recommend Murakamis "Kafka on the Shore". It is very interesting and bizarre. If you have to do a small project with the books, take "The Rape of Nanking". It is is extremely bloody, but you will have an easy time working with it.
Historical novels can pay off too, but it seems that those are not included.

Luckygirl34

Loyal Servant of Altera
I looked at the list and the possibilities are amazing! One book I'd recommend is The Absolutely true diary of a Part-Time Indian. (It's on the list :p) It's a really funny book, although it may be a bit racial. Also, it has some language. But, it shows even in times where things are tough, there's still hope. Overall, it's a very humorous book, something you may want to read. :)
-Lucky

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
If you haven't chosen already, :p
I'd suggest "Do androids dream of electric sheep?", "Wicked" and "Tuesdays with Morrie".
DADOES is quite interesting and, like Tarron said, if you like Dystopian books, you should enjoy it.
Wicked is quite enjoyable. (I just realised I never got around to finishing it XD)
Tuesdays with Morrie is great. Really, it is. It's more tear-jerking, in my opinion, than "Of Mice and Men".

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
Luckily for me, I don't have to do anything like this. *Wipes his forehead.*
I'm going to buy a whole pile of books for the summer holiday though, to have something to do while I shelter from the Scottish rain.

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
If you have not read: The Cathedral Of The Sea. Well then I will hunt your down, and throw large rocks, that I'm carrying on my back, at you!
Also... They force you to read stuff, in the summer holiday? Really!? Really!?