Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

~Summer Reading

What's your favorite genre?

• Fantasy

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • Non-Fiction

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Mythology

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Mystery

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Memoir/Biography

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Fiction

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • World Culture

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Realistic Fiction

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Sci-Fi

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • MORE MORE BOOKS (Other)

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
If you have not read: The Cathedral Of The Sea. Well then I will hunt your down, and throw large rocks, that I'm carrying on my back, at you!
Also... They force you to read stuff, in the summer holiday? Really!? Really!?
Well, my school's doing the same, although it's just one book :p
I don't think it's that uncommon.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Inferno - Dan Brown.

If you haven't read Angels and Demons, read that too. Same author...

It's so good... *drools, and wishes he could write like him*

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
This thread also reminded me that I need to either re-read the grapes of wrath, or just set a side time to listen to the audio book version I have somewhere, it's been over 4 years now, so about time.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
I looked at the list and the possibilities are amazing! One book I'd recommend is The Absolutely true diary of a Part-Time Indian. (It's on the list :p) It's a really funny book, although it may be a bit racial. Also, it has some language. But, it shows even in times where things are tough, there's still hope. Overall, it's a very humorous book, something you may want to read. :)
-Lucky
Really good book. :) 1 out of 3 completed. I got the book in the mail today and read it in about three hours. Good read... Definitely one of the crudest books I've read before.. xD Quite a lot of death at the end too... Fairly interesting... My only negative comment would be... I felt like I was thrown into the book... I felt like I had to quickly understand the characters. Interesting... I liked crazy Mr. P though... ;)

REVIVAL OF MY THREAD!
I might aim to read 2,500 pages this summer to earn a $25 Barns and Noble Gift card... Perhaps I'll read more of these suggestions.

I did choose Tuesdays with Morrie and Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight along with this one.

That's were I've been for the past few hours... if you missed me.. :)

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
If you haven't chosen already, :p
I'd suggest "Do androids dream of electric sheep?", "Wicked" and "Tuesdays with Morrie".
DADOES is quite interesting and, like Tarron said, if you like Dystopian books, you should enjoy it.
Wicked is quite enjoyable. (I just realised I never got around to finishing it XD)
Tuesdays with Morrie is great. Really, it is. It's more tear-jerking, in my opinion, than "Of Mice and Men".
Tuesdays with Morrie.. Is great. It had so much meaning within 199 pages. I cried a bit towards the end. I loved it. It is one of thise books you'll reread every 2 years. I'll probably do that.