Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Exodus!

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Well, how I think of it, would be: have it maybe monitored? as the new lore things are now, only for alot more things, bigger ideas and things of that nature. I like the idea of adding in small things, but no one ever thinks -big-, that's how progression is made, yes the little ideas here and there are -awesome- and some help alot. But the big ideas are the ones that move things along and keep them running smoothly.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
'Cause there would be tons more bad than good. I mean sure, someone might create a weird dragon race that has two tails that seems interesting....
Well, how I think of it, would be: have it maybe monitored? as the new lore things are now, only for alot more things, bigger ideas and things of that nature. I like the idea of adding in small things, but no one ever thinks -big-, that's how progression is made, yes the little ideas here and there are -awesome- and some help alot. But the big ideas are the ones that move things along and keep them running smoothly.

Agreed. Obviously allowing people to create lore as they see fit is a silly idea. Not to mention, most of it would be impractical. But allowing people to make small things; such as subraces (Humans divided in to nords, desert-folk, etc etc), new materials (within reason) or perhaps a few new potions for Roleplaying...

As of now, a lot of things are restricted, with some of it being "ask the lore team" or outright not being allowed at all.
I feel small things that allow people to be more creative should be allowed, and if they are painfully obviously overpowered then the lore-team/staff could step in and say "no, don't do that".

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
"Plants, Animal Breeds, Fabrics, Dyes, Woods and Stains: Unrestricted. If the item has a special effect, it falls under alchemy or magic.
Events and roleplays: Unrestricted.
Newly emerging subcultures of existing race: Unrestricted."

Angryboy

"Plants, Animal Breeds, Fabrics, Dyes, Woods and Stains: Unrestricted. If the item has a special effect, it falls under alchemy or magic.
Events and roleplays: Unrestricted.
Newly emerging subcultures of existing race: Unrestricted."
I'm sure that thread has been edited since the last time I looked :O

Spark

Broken
Why is it when someone thinks of an idea everyone thinks of the most extreme scenario? Someone suggests the lore as guidelines and people say Dragon races? Does that sound like guidelines?

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Why is it when someone thinks of an idea everyone thinks of the most extreme scenario? Someone suggests the lore as guidelines and people say Dragon races? Does that sound like guidelines?
It's how mass vote works kinda...as in: A person says, "We're gonna move to the moon!". Then, people around him start shooting off: "What about this, and that, and that." It's the downside to getting bigger ideas :p Do you think any of the inventors of our own little planet earth had people who absolutely -believed- in them? Most of them were thought of as wack-jobs.

Angryboy

It's how mass vote works kinda...as in: A person says, "We're gonna move to the moon!". Then, people around him start shooting off: "What about this, and that, and that." It's the downside to getting bigger ideas :p Do you think any of the inventors of our own little planet earth had people who absolutely -believed- in them? Most of them were thought of as wack-jobs.
So I heard the Earth orbits the Sun, who'd have guessed?

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
So I heard the Earth orbits the Sun, who'd have guessed?
"You're insane, someone! Lock him up!" Also, thinking about it like this: here's a real life scenario, when the space race reached a critical moment, the Soviets got a man into orbit, and back down safely, the President decided that we'd land a man...on the moon. Now, if anyone else would have said this, they'd be most likely yelled at, called a lunatic, and locked up. But a person in -power- said this, and everyone listened. Because that's how everything works xD

Spark

Broken
You just did exactly that >.> I say ideas, you say moon landing <.< eh...I'm just going to go back to not caring. Cyas

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
...I was simply giving an example of-...*sigh*.../rerail.

duncaniax

Lord of Altera
Long story short, we're really sick of exodus' and heavily believe that grief actually has to die, nothing about lore breaking, but tweaked? Idk