Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Fall of The Inquisition

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
You bunch of complete, total and pompous [EDITED]...
HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO WORK LIKE THIS IF I CAN MAKE NO ACTIONS IN RETURN!?
WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR ISSUE ANYWAY?! I WILL HAVE VENGENCE, I WORKED MY SORRY ASS OFF FOR FAR TOO LONG ON THIS FOR YOU TO EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU JUST STARTED.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I believe, good sirs, that the defecation just collided with the rotary blades.

You'll find your lifejackets under your chairs. Abandon thread.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Alrighty, lets sort this out.
There doesn't seem to be much to sort out, Michamoo. A group of people did something rather large in RP. This on its own is fine, but they caused something negative for someone else. Yes, you can argue that you shouldn't get emotionally affected by things that happen in RP, but come on, I think at least half of the people here would fly into a rage if something you worked that hard on was utterly destroyed in one night.
That and the fact that as far as I can see, Polo's been treated like crap for a long time when it comes to RP with the Church. The day this server cares more about RP than the people who make it is the day I leave.

I had to sig that...
Honoured is an understatement :p

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Note taking sides here, an ooc note for everyone who thinks they can apprehend Ced or Gelyk in August lands though:
They are both part of the August Army and have thus guard strength and abilities whithin August territories ;)

So if you attack them don't come cry to me when they put you in Jail or mutilate you ;)

So if you want that power to be removed you will have to deal diplotically IC ;)

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Before we move any further:

There are two ways things can work.

1) Conflict/strife focused events, such as the one that just happened. Someone will win, and someone will lose.
2) No conflict focused events, because no one agrees to lose.

If you want events, there has to be conflict. (not necesarrily violent conflict mind you, but you get the idea)
Now, Polo, all they have done is kick you out of the Cathedral with force. They were a posse of 20+ people and Legion and Mich decided not to try to stop them. Their win was perfectly reasonable. No amount of action could have prevented that (but regardless, you should have been given the chance, and that is something they did do wrong)

But that does not mean that the Inquisition or the High Church has to end. You just can't operate in the Cathedral at the moment. Doesn't mean you can't operate elsewhere.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
An ooc note for everyone who thinks they can apprehend Ced or Gelyk in August lands:
They are both part of the August army and have thus guard strength and abilities whithin August territories ;)

Players do receive location-based powers and abilities.
The Silvercloaks and only the silvercloaks were given buffs while in defense of Port Silver, as a way to explain the effects of direct aid and training from the Crowns resources.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Players do receive location-based powers and abilities.
The Silvercloaks and only the silvercloaks were given buffs while in defense of Port Silver, as a way to explain the effects of direct aid and training from the Crowns resources.
Which is nothing else than what I just said, except I missed August conquering the entire world and everything being August territory now.

Edit:
Don't realyl get the meaning of your post here:

Did you want to...
- clarify that it would be only there,
- state that only Silvercloaks get regional powers (thus forgot a not after the do)
- or oversaw that I wrote August territories?

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
C'est mon point premier.

It was most certainly interesting how quickly and suddenly everyone massed, and from a bystanders point of view, it would've been hard to stop the snowball that was rolling.

Though, I do agree, 's would've been much more exciting and (More importantly) fair if it had waited for Polo.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
... Polo said in OOC a few minutes before we attacked he had to go to bed... so there was no real way to get him back online after he left MC. :C

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
So, if I storm and occupy the palace when no one is online, and declare myself King, that's fine? Because that's what happened here.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Yes, It was very unfortunate that we could not have massed a few minutes earlier, as he had to leave right when we had everyone together. The whole reason we had this plan move was because Polo was on, and he had been on for some time, which led us all to believe he would have been on long enough for us to have him there.

We all very much wanted him to be there.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Bit more complicated than that Axex.
There were twenty people against maybe 7 who would make the inquisition, so the outcome of the inquisition being thrown out was pretty much inevitable.

I agree to the sentiment that its kinda unfair they didn't have a chance of striking back since almost no one was online.
Otherwise you could really as well storm the Silver palace and conquer the throne.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
... Them not immediately getting slaughtered just means that this is going to be a rather prolonged conflict, in which more people will die, which means more fun.