Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Grand Merchant map!

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
942ad0ceff6f749f5dc5437f9c1241d2.png

Grand Merchant map!

This is a side project im working on and will be a sort of Mass trade forum RP to find out what all the major factions of altera produce and establish perhaps what gets traded where. Before you read any furter know this is an OPT in type a deal. I know this kind of thing isnt for everyone but if you wanna expand and RP with other factions and cities trade is a good way to set that up!

All places have there boons and banes no land is prefect and no one can produce everything they might like to have. Please keep that in mind when filling the following out for your city! If you accept this please list at least three items produced in your region, and three items you are deficient in you would be importing to your region.

Faction/city name:
Items Produced here:
-
-
-
Items Sought/Lacking:
-
-
-
Open for Trade: Yes/No
The Ultimate goal is to Set region owners trading for IC materials in mass. (Or OOC but mainly this is IC) Eventually mark trade routes on the map and Start roleplaying out how some cities get the things they have!

Last edited:

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Faction/city name: Marr/Azerport
Items Produced here:
Everything that is even slightly related to agriculture and animals.
Alchohol
Massive amounts of building materials of any kind and all sorts.
Unlimited fresh water.
Clothes, bags, Waterskins, backpacks, ETC..
Essentially any basic human needs.
Items Sought/Lacking:
Any sort of exotic or luxurious goods.
Spices, Silk, /Ice/.
Open for Trade: Yes/No: uh, we live off it ;)

Tarron

Lord of Altera
It's because they quickly failed due to there being no basis or need for it.
There isn't a need but the point is to encourage roleplaying trade agreements and the like. The political world could certainly be spiced up and this is the kind of thing that can start it. This might lead to Settlers of Catan-esque cutthroat trading and espionage. And that sounds awesome.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
... I hate it when I've gotta do this but I believe that unless you declare in the first post that only posts with trade content in them will be accepted, you have no justification in removing posts critical of the idea under the reason of clearing space.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
... I hate it when I've gotta do this but I believe that unless you declare in the first post that only posts with trade content in them will be accepted, you have no justification in removing posts critical of the idea under the reason of clearing space.
In his defense the person that posted those was not exactly contributing to the thread in any way, shape or form, and was not at all discussing points that were critical in any way, He just simply said he found it useless and not worth it, which is clearly going to do nothing but spread negativity and possible arguments and I believe in the end that it is justified,even if it was just a biiiit over the top.

Mind you i'm not saying that everything is sight that is even slightly Instigating or derogatory should be deleted, but I think those posts were just simply and plain "Worthless" if anything, and were yes Taking up space that could have relevant things close to the OP that could encourage Roleplay or someone to sign up for the server and is interested in these sorts of things, when perhaps only skimming the first page to get a feel for it.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Faction/city name: Nir'enne - ICly owned by Arawen Tathnae
Items Produced here:
-
All minecraft foods
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds (toasted) - Lemons, oranges.
- Berries (strawberries and raspberries), jams (future plans), nightshade (for medicine), corn, rice.
- Hay, eggs, feathers.
- Grapes
- Drinks (once Arawen gets back into brewing)
Items Sought:
-
IC fruit bearing plants
- IC nut bearing plans
- Any other plants that produce medicines, herbs or other foods.
Open for Trade: Yes - Also has a store in Tambry next to the messageboard. IC food items will be added in the future. Of course, we've opted into the Unease event and will need to recover our crop losses before resuming trade.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Faction/city name: DeCronus Caravan/Seagate - ICly owned by Alrick DeCronus
Items Produced here:
- Silks
- Mangrove goods
- Wagons
- Horses (Bred for desert travel)
- Dogs, (Pets)

Items Sought:
- Any, They will trade there good for the goods of anyone they encounter
- Food
- Barrels of fresh drinking water
Open for Trade: Yes

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Note, the Mountain next to Azerpirt is part of the Highland Mountains and from them we can mine the ore necessary for Arcturian Steel. A product the Engems stopped trade with The rest of Turia.

Also Azerport has a pretty damn good seafood and whenever hired, ship building industry

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Note, the Mountain next to Azerpirt is part of the Highland Mountains and from them we can mine the ore necessary for Arcturian Steel. A product the Engems stopped trade with The rest of Turia.

Also Azerport has a pretty damn good seafood and whenever hired, ship building industry
Tybalt Arcturian steel isn't a type of ore it is a way you can forge the steel. As long as someone has the knowledge of how to make arcturian steel it doesn't attention where the ore comes from.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Tybalt Arcturian steel isn't a type of ore it is a way you can forge the steel. As long as someone has the knowledge of how to make arcturian steel it doesn't attention where the ore comes from.
I didn't think Arcturian steel was able to be made anymore?

Spark

Broken
This seems like a project that requires more than just asking people what they trade. Looking down half this list, there are already places having things that characters aren't producing and also exaggerating about what they have the potential to make. If this is to bring the type of RP that has been mentioned, I think it needs to be much more in depth with regulations put in place.
It is a good idea, but I think for it to actually function as an RP mechanic, it needs more.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
This seems like a project that requires more than just asking people what they trade. Looking down half this list, there are already places having things that characters aren't producing and also exaggerating about what they have the potential to make. If this is to bring the type of RP that has been mentioned, I think it needs to be much more in depth with regulations put in place.
It is a good idea, but I think for it to actually function as an RP mechanic, it needs more.
Well, due to the Unease event, Nir'enne's crops are ruined... but I have RP crops for everything I say I produce.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
That's why the threads like this before failed because the creators just said "Name what your city produces!" and everyone just put everything they could think of, most of them saying that their city was completely self sufficient.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I didn't name anyone for a reason, but thank you for the clarification nonetheless.
I know :D I was just stating for reasons, so no one is all 'ERMERGERD1! do you haz rp crops for them?!"

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Faction/city name:
Calan

Items Produced here:
- Rosewood ((acacia wood))
- Redwood ((jungle wood))
- "The hardest ironwood in Altera" ((dark oak))
- Oak
- Cocoa beans
- Coffee beans

Items Sought/Lacking:
- Metals
- Food/seeds to replant all the crops
- Spruce
- ICE

Very Yes

Last edited:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I... I don't know how to answer this...

Tambry is mostly a mercantile city, however a few of the goods sold here are actually produced here.

Faction/city name: Tambry-upon-Tam
Items Produced here:
-Alcoholic Drinks/Brewing (Me)
-Glass (see @Exosferik )
-Clothing/Leather goods? (@DarkWolf , perhaps?)
-Blacksmith goods, notably armor and weapons (@rjamesking and @Stevethelegokid)
-Misc. baked goods and/or food (Me, @violins_cry [I know it's an alt but I can't remember the actual user])
Items Sought/Lacking:
-Crops (Mostly through grain barges on the River Tam)
-Ores (We have the means to process them, but don't have any ourselves yet, not until Lystel reaches the Eastern Ridge)
-

Do I have to answer this? Really? Yes.

Also, might be worth mentioning, that just because we don't 'produce' a lot of goods, doesn't mean that we're not without other qualities. We have a lot of services too. We have a law office, two-three book publishers, two smithies, a few cafes and eateries, a fishery, a dance studio (@Juno_Ax ) on top of normal government institutions (courts, banks, etc).

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I remember when the Engem set an embargo against Lavoyard, they had to settle with Senatoor Grade Iron.