Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Grand Merchant map!

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
This seems like a project that requires more than just asking people what they trade. Looking down half this list, there are already places having things that characters aren't producing and also exaggerating about what they have the potential to make. If this is to bring the type of RP that has been mentioned, I think it needs to be much more in depth with regulations put in place.
It is a good idea, but I think for it to actually function as an RP mechanic, it needs more.
If its because you think azerport is overdoing it, put simply its not. the location itself allows many fertile fields, and many of the domesticated animals to breed and remain healthy, while at the same time being perfect for growing flax which is a key component in linen, which makes cloth and clothing. I would assume we have such people that have learned over the many years how to harness it correctly and make clothing.

The many mountains provide all we need in terms of stone, Sandstone, Ore, Diorite, Andestie, Granite ETC... and we have a large forest that has a lumber mill, that brings in a consistent flow of lumber constantly, of Oak, Dark Oak and Spruce.

The fresh water all comes from the delta itself, which is easily filtered by primitive purification methods to remove all the soot from it. [I.E sand crystals or stone pebbles, that sort of thing]

Also, We have many fish by the bay, In fact it is almost teeming with it, as Fisherman can be seen constantly by the delta shoreline, or the sea itself.

All in all, We have grown to be self sufficient through many years of growth and the good location [albeit bad for defense] in terms of Self-Sustainment

though, We still lack anything exotic, and normally import such things.

rjamesking

Lord of Altera
I... I don't know how to answer this...

Tambry is mostly a mercantile city, however a few of the goods sold here are actually produced here.
Faction/city name: Tambry-upon-Tam
Items Produced here:
-Alcoholic Drinks/Brewing (Me)
-Glass (see @Exosferik )
-Clothing/Leather goods? (@DarkWolf , perhaps?)
-Blacksmith goods, notably armor and weapons (@rjamesking and @Stevethelegokid)
-Misc. baked goods and/or food (Me, @violins_cry [I know it's an alt but I can't remember the actual user])
Items Sought/Lacking:
-Crops (Mostly through grain barges on the River Tam)
-Ores (We have the means to process them, but don't have any ourselves yet, not until Lystel reaches the Eastern Ridge)
-
Open for Trade: Yes/No

Do I have to answer this? Really? Yes.

Also, might be worth mentioning, that just because we don't 'produce' a lot of goods, doesn't mean that we're not without other qualities. We have a lot of services too. We have a law office, two-three book publishers, two smithies, a few cafes and eateries, a fishery, a dance studio (@Juno_Ax ) on top of normal government institutions (courts, banks, etc).
Come get hammered at Eisenfaust blacksmithing! We're located on the east side of Tambry.

Spark

Broken
If its because you think azerport is overdoing it, put simply its not. the location itself allows many fertile fields, and many of the domesticated animals to breed and remain healthy, while at the same time being perfect for growing flax which is a key component in linen, which makes cloth and clothing. I would assume we have such people that have learned over the many years how to harness it correctly and make clothing.

The many mountains provide all we need in terms of stone, Sandstone, Ore, Diorite, Andestie, Granite ETC... and we have a large forest that has a lumber mill, that brings in a consistent flow of lumber constantly, of Oak, Dark Oak and Spruce.

The fresh water all comes from the delta itself, which is easily filtered by primitive purification methods to remove all the soot from it. [I.E sand crystals or stone pebbles, that sort of thing]

Also, We have many fish by the bay, In fact it is almost teeming with it, as Fisherman can be seen constantly by the delta shoreline, or the sea itself.

All in all, We have grown to be self sufficient through many years of growth and the good location [albeit bad for defense] in terms of Self-Sustainment

though, We still lack anything exotic, and normally import such things.
I didn't name anyone for a reason, but thank you for the clarification nonetheless.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Im trying to start something.

Im only really interested in actual specific constructive feed back, like I said this isnt for everyone. Please no more cynical comments about how poorly this will work.

as for what @Spark said. I mostly agree, which is the reason I required at least 3 things that are deficient. Self sufficiency in this case would actual move trade /away/ from a city, where as trade dependency is better. Wail it's true most people want to be able to not need there nabor in the end its the players decision not mine and this needn't be any more complicated than a simple list for now.

Last edited: