Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Maze of Archaz

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
“The One must never be reached. His tomb must be impenetrable.” So speaks the Oracle.

Our men set out to find Archaz the Tinker. The only one with enough skill to secure the tomb of the one for once and for all, so no man nor beast can find his burial chamber and steal the riches which lay within. They found Archaz… And he agreed to help us after we have told him our price…

He designed a tower for us to craft. A tower without a door, for only the holy from the stars may open the gates and descend to the chamber. This tower is the first blockade for anyone who dear enter the one’s tomb. Underneath he hid a Labyrinth in which many got lost already. The tomb of the one is built by thirteen of the one’s most loyal men. What he did further in the deep with this thirteen men is unknown, for nobody could see. Deep down he went, deeper than anyone could hear or follow…

What Archaz failed to know, was that he was bound to stay in the depths of his own creation forever. No man who designed the tomb of our One should be left alive, for he could tell the ways to get passed the traps and thus reach our One. The thirteen builders were doomed to be cremated in this deep pit…

Archaz took his books of knowledge with him. Down, deep down in the darkest place of this world. He took the books to remember how to build his wicked contraptions. His skill and traps are beyond anyone’s. So he stores his books there, in the deep remnants of our time. In between our scriptures on the wall and our cryptic culture. Behind many traps his books may be found. Reach his books, and you reach Tinker-Knowledge of the highest degree…

As soon as Archaz found out he was left down there alone, he build another chamber. One that was not in the grand design. A secret to all above, a secret to those in the hot desert under the burning sun and a secret to those in the cold desert under the icy moon. The builders killed themselves, like the ritual requested. He cremated them and locked them in a room of treasure. He then went forth and made his foul creation, a corrupted build within the design.

I tell you now: to ever venture within the tomb of our One is to venture through Nether. After Archaz turned foul and evil, after he knew he had to die there, he met with Queen Grief. The trickster offered him ‘a favor’. The wicked Queen offered him to live forever. In exchange, she wanted nothing more than… His sanity. His wit and Tinker-logic. The superior mind of an amazing tinker. Archaz, now mad with despair of being left to rot, took the deal. He would now not die, like the traitorous men wanted him to. He would live. Live forever…

It wasn’t long before he began to notice the small changes in his mind and so also in his body, for both are strongly connected. She corrupted Archaz… Left him to remain a demon in her Nether-spawn. She locked the once so wise man. She locked him and behind impenetrable bars the man who turned mad now awaits. The irony of his life, that he tried so hard to keep people out of this tombs, while now his only salvation might lie in people being able to overcome his traps and reach his cage.

What is left of him the moment he is found, I cannot say. He might need aid. Yet, it might also be that those who find him need aid, to be protected against Archaz the Demon. Why do I know all this? Because I’ve heard it. Hidden within one of his hundred chests of tools and equipment he took down, I waited. What am I? I am a remnant of an ancient time.