Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Rangers' Guild [Old Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shao

Bring back angry react
In-Game name:
xShaolinPunkx
Roleplay name:
Koldash Veiloros
House:
Renatus
RP religious beliefs:
Is not currently religious but is open to suggestions.
Reason for applying:
With his family dead ( Raven who will most likely be revived again.) he lacks purpose. He has been studying plants and learning about them and is pretty good at brewing tea. He is bored of living his humble life and misses the thrill of the hunt, he gets bored easily so the humble life hasn't gone on long.
Timezone:
GMT or whatever the UK decides to be.
Link to a character profile/whitelist application:
http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/koldash.27911/
Anything extra you’d like to add:
He is very stealthy because he has hunted man for 35 years (cannibal). His weapon of choice is a hatchet, he is also good with daggers and bows but they will need to be honed quite a bit. He has two personalities so if one is having an off day the other can take over. I decent at unarmed.

Last edited:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
..Moors don't have claws. Perhaps longer fingers. This is coming from someone that had read through that section of the lore quite extensively.

Shao

Bring back angry react
..Moors don't have claws. Perhaps longer fingers. This is coming from someone that had read through that section of the lore quite extensively.
Oh well... Its from genetics i guess, Raven has them and im his bro so :3

Scardrac

Felsummer
.. claws........?

@Naelwyn
It is common for the Moors to grow their fingernails out and file them to be talon-shaped.

Oh well... Its from genetics i guess, Raven has them and im his bro so :3
As for this: Fingernails grow. He wouldn't be born to have really long fingernails. They'd have to grow normally, then he can polish them up to be smoother and more visually appealing. Does not matter, as the human fingernails aren't as designed to be flesh-tearing as other predators. If someone is better with the biology, please correct me.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
As for this: Fingernails grow. He wouldn't be born to have really long fingernails. They'd have to grow normally, then he can polish them up to be smoother and more visually appealing. Does not matter, as the human fingernails aren't as designed to be flesh-tearing as other predators. If someone is better with the biology, please correct me.
I'd agree with this- long, sharp nails of humanoids can perform some measure of damage, but it would only be restricted to shallow, slashing wounds. Anything too deep or powerful, the nail would most likely break, or in extreme cases, be ripped off completely.

Shao

Bring back angry react
It is common for the Moors to grow their fingernails out and file them to be talon-shaped.

Sounds fair, Thanks for clearing that up :3

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Nails are not the tactical equivalent to claws, no matter what you might do to them.

The difference between nails and claws is one of bone structure, keratin content, etc.

Claws - things designed to rend, are typically an extension of the bone/joint structure.

Nails are dead cells.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Nails probably couldn't be longer than at most an inch. Nails do some really weird things when they're too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.