Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Rangers' Guild [Old Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Not sure if you guys are accepting recruits right now or not - or if the form is necessary - but I figured I'd post one anyway. Regardless, I was intending to do some poking around in RP!

In-Game name: Dayshark (courtesy of @TheDeester).
Roleplay name: Aryus Merek. 'Deathblade' is added, formally, though he bears a hatred for both the name and Turik (with good reason, not just a "my daddy is the worst!").
Link to a character profile: http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/aryus-merek-deathblade.25639/

House: None. He is not a member of any noble House.
RP religious beliefs:
Aryus is fully aware of the gods and their presence, however he worships none in particular. If he was to be accepted as a recruit, he would most likely gradually begin to grow more... willingly inclined to recognize Theodra, due to being exposed to the other Rangers, their beliefs, and ways.

Reason for applying:
From an OOC standpoint, I've been contemplating whether or not I should make an attempt to become a recruit for a while now. Even in the days of Kavdam, the depth and basis of the organization and the RP it offered always got my attention (as a side note, I've constantly thought the Rangers were completely badass characters). Organizations are often the best way to get your character involved with interesting RP/more people to do it with, and with the previous named points in mind and a compatible character still with many paths open for development, I thought the Rangers would be great to try for. Also, that I already know some of you and you're great people and RP'ers, so that's definitely good to have in an organization!
RP: As Aryus has aged, he has recently found himself grown to be drawn to peaceful forests and nature. Hunting with Drachen is a favoured activity, and one that inspired him to take up the bow; of which he is beginning to prefer over the use of his short sword, though still needs lots of practice with - the Rangers can aid him in doing so, training and offering more knowledge (though not in a selfish manner). He is highly agile, experienced in climbing and 'free-running' practices, due to training received from Drachen from the ages of ten-seventeen. Generally, he feels his 'skillset' is similar to that of what the Rangers are based upon, and would enjoy having people to help develop his skills and be around.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Not sure if you guys are accepting recruits right now or not - or if the form is necessary - but I figured I'd post one anyway. Regardless, I was intending to do some poking around in RP!

In-Game name: Dayshark (courtesy of @TheDeester).
Roleplay name: Aryus Merek. 'Deathblade' is added, formally, though he bears a hatred for both the name and Turik (with good reason, not just a "my daddy is the worst!").
Link to a character profile: http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/aryus-merek-deathblade.25639/

House: None. He is not a member of any noble House.
RP religious beliefs:
Aryus is fully aware of the gods and their presence, however he worships none in particular. If he was to be accepted as a recruit, he would most likely gradually begin to grow more... willingly inclined to recognize Theodra, due to being exposed to the other Rangers, their beliefs, and ways.

Reason for applying:
From an OOC standpoint, I've been contemplating whether or not I should make an attempt to become a recruit for a while now. Even in the days of Kavdam, the depth and basis of the organization and the RP it offered always got my attention (as a side note, I've constantly thought the Rangers were completely badass characters). Organizations are often the best way to get your character involved with interesting RP/more people to do it with, and with the previous named points in mind and a compatible character still with many paths open for development, I thought the Rangers would be great to try for. Also, that I already know some of you and you're great people and RP'ers, so that's definitely good to have in an organization!
RP: As Aryus has aged, he has recently found himself grown to be drawn to peaceful forests and nature. Hunting with Drachen is a favoured activity, and one that inspired him to take up the bow; of which he is beginning to prefer over the use of his short sword, though still needs lots of practice with - the Rangers can aid him in doing so, training and offering more knowledge (though not in a selfish manner). He is highly agile, experienced in climbing and 'free-running' practices, due to training received from Drachen from the ages of ten-seventeen. Generally, he feels his 'skillset' is similar to that of what the Rangers are based upon, and would enjoy having people to help develop his skills and be around.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Pft, sorry for the late reply! We're sorting stuff out in game anyhow :heart:

In other news-
In light of her courageous behaviour, quick thinking, and sharp shooting in the recent apocalyptic events, Somnastra has graduated and now holds the Ranger rank!

Matto225

The White Mage
In-Game name: Matto225
Roleplay name: Talek Dra'Jit
Link to a character profile: Uh. Don't think I have one, but a reasonable amount of content exists (made for Nakam approval) so can send brief backstory over if you want ^^
House: None.
RP religious beliefs:
None, but respects the fact that others choose to worship

Reason for applying:
In terms of my recent activity on the server, its been lacking, to say the least. Past few times this has happened I've reached out to an organisation or town to boost my activity and involvement on the server through increased RP. The Rangers would appear to suit Talek, so I thought that applying wouldn't hurt! :)
RP: Talek stirred the embers of the fire with a stick, aimlessly poking the smouldering remains. What remained of his bow rested on the log beside him, the bowstring hanging loosely from each end of the snapped limbs; it had been poorly made, but it was all he'd been able to afford. Glancing down at it again reminded him of another Nakat, one garbed in green with a bow over her shoulder. After a few moments Talek stood, shouldering his pack and setting off towards Port Silver.
Since the dissolution of the majority of the Nakam from their previous settlement Talek has heard rumours of them settling of Tauredal. He chose not to go however and has spent the past months hunting in the woods around Port Silver to provide both food and money for himself (you may occasionally find him selling meat and hides around Port Silver), renting a room in the Naught Inn when he can afford it and sleeping rough when he can't. He has passingly met Akela a few times, her staying in his mind as one of the few Nakam he met since leaving Kavdek and as such is aware of the Rangers. Talek is a Nakat who's skills with a bow is currently restricted to hunting, he has never used one in combat. However, his tracking skills have developed while hunting, but he is by no means a master - going hungry is a regular occurrence for him these days. Personality-wise he is relatively quiet, in part due to his difficulty speaking Common, but his ideas about the world (his principles if you will) are strongly ingrained, and sometimes may surprise and/or shock people.
Timezone: GMT + 0:00

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
In-Game name: Matto225
Roleplay name: Talek Dra'Jit
Link to a character profile: Uh. Don't think I have one, but a reasonable amount of content exists (made for Nakam approval) so can send brief backstory over if you want ^^
House: None.
RP religious beliefs:
None, but respects the fact that others choose to worship

Reason for applying:
In terms of my recent activity on the server, its been lacking, to say the least. Past few times this has happened I've reached out to an organisation or town to boost my activity and involvement on the server through increased RP. The Rangers would appear to suit Talek, so I thought that applying wouldn't hurt! :)
RP: Talek stirred the embers of the fire with a stick, aimlessly poking the smouldering remains. What remained of his bow rested on the log beside him, the bowstring hanging loosely from each end of the snapped limbs; it had been poorly made, but it was all he'd been able to afford. Glancing down at it again reminded him of another Nakat, one garbed in green with a bow over her shoulder. After a few moments Talek stood, shouldering his pack and setting off towards Port Silver.
Since the dissolution of the majority of the Nakam from their previous settlement Talek has heard rumours of them settling of Tauredal. He chose not to go however and has spent the past months hunting in the woods around Port Silver to provide both food and money for himself (you may occasionally find him selling meat and hides around Port Silver), renting a room in the Naught Inn when he can afford it and sleeping rough when he can't. He has passingly met Akela a few times, her staying in his mind as one of the few Nakam he met since leaving Kavdek and as such is aware of the Rangers. Talek is a Nakat who's skills with a bow is currently restricted to hunting, he has never used one in combat. However, his tracking skills have developed while hunting, but he is by no means a master - going hungry is a regular occurrence for him these days. Personality-wise he is relatively quiet, in part due to his difficulty speaking Common, but his ideas about the world (his principles if you will) are strongly ingrained, and sometimes may surprise and/or shock people.
Timezone: GMT + 0:00
Roleplay :D :heart:

Just realised that the guild as we know it is over a year old! Thank you to everyone who's made the continuation of this group possible, and thank you to @JasonK94 for starting it in the first place, and making my time on Hollow World ten times more enjoyable than it would have been without it.
To everyone new, and old in the Guild, thank you for staying in it and making it as awesome as it is :)

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the tree, so come on
Let's ride to the liqueur-store around the corner
The boys say they want some ale and juice
But I really don't wanna